Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 260 of 862
Doreen_Kallara33
Hi All. Hope everyone is well.. we are currently at frame stage which is pretty exciting. Just wanted to know if anyone has a pic of the following colour scheme as I think I've made a mistake :S. Just want to see if its going to look any good.

Brick: Homestead Tan
Roof colour: Sambuca (black)
Fascia, downpipe and gutter: Colorbond woodland grey
Garage Door: Colorbond woodland grey

Much appreciated.

Thanks

I don't have a pic, but I just wanted to say I know that feeling! I have panicked about pretty much every colour/selection decision at some point (including a full on meltdown the night after we chose our tiles
).

A quick search brought up this - looks good!

thebigbuild
Not only to do we have our keys, but we are in. Cant stay here long but excited to show you pics. Our sink is leaking LOL as is the toilet and main bathroom showerhead but they feel minor right now [though prob not so much!], we are so happy to be in!!

Hi thebigbuild,

Congratulations, it must feel great to be in your own home! Like tstr1a and monkeypantz, I’m too looking forward to seeing some pictures! I’m sure you’ve spoken with your SS about the leaks, please keep in the loop with progress on these. Cheers, Ebony
Hey All

We signed contract on Tuesday, also after a very long 5.5 hours with baby in tow!
Excited to possibly have site start in 4 weeks or before end of May hopefully!!
Let the fun begin!!
Congrats Cinderella! You're brave taking bubs along to the contract meeting! My little guy would have have flipped out being in those tiny rooms for so long!
Do porter David homes supply the downlights ? What do they charge for there downlights? obvously the LED ones due to the new 5/W square metre rule.
sim_mun
Do porter David homes supply the downlights ? What do they charge for there downlights? obvously the LED ones due to the new 5/W square metre rule.

HI Sim_mun,

PD do Batten "Chinaman hat" lights as std - one to each room.
Downlights are an optional extra...
Cost for 12V Halogen around $105 each and for LED $150 each.... adds up very quickly

My advice - if single storey get these done after handover and will be cheaper. On double storey get them to do ground floor and install your own on 2nd level post construction (unless you have money\budget to burn).
Most sparkies will charge $60 a downlight and a little more for a LED

Hope this helps
All,

Just updated my blog with some pics if anyones interested...
Im around 3 weeks from PCI....
cinderella_375
Hey All

We signed contract on Tuesday, also after a very long 5.5 hours with baby in tow!
Let the fun begin!!

Congrats cinders... lucky, we were 7 hours (expected 2-3), but your +1 trumps us I think.
Good luck
LOL, we had both our 3 year old and then 10 mth old with us who was walking at that time. It was insane. They spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen and then being moved away from the stairs. PD were good about it tho!
Yep 10 month old here too cruising furniture and particularly feral on this day! We took it in turns entertaining him while the other one sorted out the contract business. Our BC (who took us through contract) was awesome about him being there though. And those stairs certainly are appealing aren't they to little ones...!
Soooooo itching for site start now!!!
Alpal
All,

The house is looking great alpal! Which tiles have you gone with? I think they look like ours - very nice
cinderella_375
Hey All

Let the fun begin!!

Hi Cinderella_375,

Such great news! I can’t wait to watch your build take shape and follow your journey with you! Good luck!
Cheers, Ebony
monkeypantz
Alpal
All,

The house is looking great alpal! Which tiles have you gone with? I think they look like ours - very nice

Hey monkeypantz,

They are exactly the same as yours, wet cemet 600x300. We love colour and pattern on the tile.
Its just in the wet areas as we are not huge fans of tiles in the living areas.
The colours you have selected are very similar to ours
Alpal
monkeypantz
Alpal
All,

Hey monkeypantz,

They are exactly the same as yours, wet cemet 600x300. We love colour and pattern on the tile.
Its just in the wet areas as we are not huge fans of tiles in the living areas.
The colours you have selected are very similar to ours

You have great taste
!
monkeypantz
You have great taste
!

Yes - WE have great taste!
sim_mun

Don't you work for LED world??
http://www.ledworld.com.au/category-s/1829.htm

If so, I think you need to be registered as a HomeOne Advertiser, when talking about your products (as in your other posts).

Leanne
Rups
sim_mun

Don't you work for LED world??
http://www.ledworld.com.au/category-s/1829.htm

If so, I think you need to be registered as a HomeOne Advertiser, when talking about your products (as in your other posts).

Leanne

Lol... yeah don't mess around with the a pregnant woman.
Well, we are in! Still plenty to do, the past two days have been pretty hectic, but we are nearly there.
Have found a couple of very small issues with the house we didn't spot earlier (they forgot a light in the hall, the switch is there but no light!) but overall very happy with the house and service in general.
We got a Jamie Oliver chopping board and cookbook as our gift from PD which was nice. I didnt expect anything with all the trouble we were to begin with lol! Will work on some pics soon
Congrats Wateman! Now the real fun begins! I never got a gift from PD so lucky you!
Can't wait for photos congrats. We got the same gift, I love it
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum