Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 254 of 862
Sammyjane31

We add locks to our windows...I wonder if we will get fly screens?? What did it say on your plans? Otherwise my Dad is going to make them.

It's on our plans in the top right corner it says "provide aluminum framed fiberglass mesh fly screens and keyed locks to all openable windows excl louvered windows"
we paid extra for our flyscreens.
flyscreens were included as part of the complete promo at the time of signing.
Fly screens are a must and makes a huge difference. I don't understand why builders don't include them as standard items.
We had to add fly screens as an extra, they were approx $4500 from what I can remember but this also included 4 for glass sliding doors..

I would ad them again without question!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
Talking about fly screens.......... the Waldorf has a lovely terrace attached to the master bedroom with 2 large sliding doors. During summer it’s nice to leave the doors open but the only thing is that the sliding doors don’t come with fly screens.

Anyway I’ve ordered a custom made flyscreen for the sliding doors.
Wateman
Just had PCI tentatively booked for the 24th and handover tentatively booked for 27th of April!

Quick question - At what stage to fly screens usually get put on the windows?
We didn't specifically ask for fly screens, but they were put on our plans (lumped in when we added window locks) we didn't even realize until a friend saw it on our plans and commented on it! So just trying to suss out whether we were getting them through PD or not.

Hi Wateman,

Firstly, that’s great news to hear you’ve got tentative dates booked for your PCI and handover, and those dates aren’t too far away either, they’ll come around in no time. It doesn’t feel like that long ago when you first joined the forum.

Just regarding the flyscreens your BC would be the best person to ask, they should also be able to tell you when you can expect them to be installed too. I’m looking forward to your next blog update and some pics. Cheers, Ebony
Just a update from me.. nothing really happening. We laid the grass, planted some tree's, dogs pulled them out. Replanted them, added chicken wire..

Basically we cant leave the dogs in the yard unattended, which means they are restricted to the garage on a weekday. Still looking for a solution.
serenitynow
On a brighter note we had our plantation shutters installed, we love them they change the look of the house.

Can you supply the contact for your shutters please.
humble
serenitynow
On a brighter note we had our plantation shutters installed, we love them they change the look of the house.

I figure from the PD discount you got that they are a PD approved discount company?

I know I have some sort of list and the brochures of all the PD approved (i.e. discounted) companies somewhere in my pile of documents. I'm sure I saw a internerd link for PD discount companies somewhere but off the top of my head, I cant remember the link. If anyone knows the link, can they refresh that information/link here as a few of us are coming up to completion stage (... hopefully me as well
).
My dad made them for his house and his screen door and it definitely wasnt 4500, I have checked buntings and I gave estimated 500. Our hone is only 27 sq so most likely more for the doubles
We are getting ours from Kreative Designs who is on the PD rewards list. The lady Felicity does the blinds/shutters for all the displays. They are a bit higher priced than others, but made in Australia, shutters are Cedar, and the quality is so much better than the cheaper ones I have seen. http://kreative-design.com.au/

There is one other blinds supplier in the PD rewards pack, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Leanne
The blind factory are the other of rewards supplier. I've had a quote from there and was impressed
I can second what Leanne has said so far; the quality of Kreative is SO far beyond what is offered by Blind Factory etc.. her personal service is also outstanding. I didn't find her quote so much more than the others, but the quality was beyond my expectations. Pics when they are installed.
Hi all,

Been busy with school holidays so just catching up

We've had stairs put in and cabinets delivered.....no photos as we've been locked out :/

Question for those with stairs.....we upgraded to contemporary option 1 which is supposed to have a black metal stringer (open tread staircase with black beam running through the centre). They have installed the open tread but have used wood as the stringer (what you can see holding up stairs in the centre). Has anyone else specified Contemporary Option 1 and tell me what you received?

Thanks
Ok, just found my colour selection doc and it definitely says Metal Black Powdercoat.....hmmmm not sure whether I should insist on change or whether we could be happy with the stained wood

Anyone know if one is better than the other structure wise??

Powdercoat stringer

Wooden Stringer
These are my roman fabrics from Kreative Design plus the e screen at the back of shot. Compared to the Blind Factory stuff and another quote we had; we there is just no comparison!! BF also led us to believe they did the display homes for PD, which is not true, that's Kreative. Shes ace.

Hey JLD!! Not knowing whether one is structurally more superior than another, my first thought it s that it depends totally on the look you are going for. Both look great.

One thing I can recommend is that if you are unsure fix it NOW. I picked up my kitchen issues on the day that they were put in and now many weeks after we might have our handover delayed because of the late fix that was not good enough.
humble
serenitynow

The blind factory

The service is fantastic.
As I wanted the walnut shutters they're colour stain was the perfect match for what I wanted.
The quality is beautiful bass wood.
I would use them again and highly recommend them.
People who have walked in and seen them are just in love with them
Infact my sister in law is going to try change her order to the walnut stain after she saw mine.
Who do PD use to install their heating and cooling? Is it Argus or L & O or another company?
Wow I wonder if you dealt with someone else Serenitynow; we had to work to get them to get back into contact with us, then to get our quote, after that the quote was wrong and we asked them to correct it but they never got back to us. The fabric was like plastic coated is best way I describe it and the pricing was nothing special.. honestly, KD was like a breath of fresh air to us. I was so glad I persisted with my third quote to get it done through them.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum