Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 250 of 862
hi southoeast, all of our windows face south. and yes it was good of PD to include the extra insulation and double glazed windows in our fixed price at no extra charge it comes under there rating 6.
ma2531
tstira i really enjoyed reading ur write on the energy eff.
i have learnt so much from ur blog and took alot of you have said into consideration, up graded the heating unit, the only thing i wish we did was to get the heating zoned which i forgot all about in our electrics app.
PD had given us R6.0 batts in the celing, and R2.5 in walls and sisalation, and all double glazed windows in the lounge/study/dining windows. so hoping it will be good enough. ill let u know whenever the house is finished!
keep up the good work.........................

ma2531,

You can add the zoning post handover so don’t stress. R6 ceiling insulation is going to make a big difference to the house temp. With increasing energy costs you will save heaps over the years.

Regards
T
We've been plastered! Well they aren't finished yet but not much left to do.....really makes the house feel like a house
Congrats JLD!! Great feeling isn't it?
We were told today that our tiles werent delivered until Friday or today(monday) and asked well was any fitting off done last week while we waited for the tiles and SS said no as the painter took longer than expected- 2 weeks. I smell a rat!

They then said there is a sewer delay and referred me to South East Wwater (SEW) and ask them for further info. I called our land sales contact and she said no there isnt a delay contact the developer and after a few more emails to the builder and then forwarding an email from SEW (without dates on it bit suss) and talking to the developer he then advised that a PIC# something SEW (gives this # when the sewer is ready to be connected) and said that it was completed on 9th March! I then told our SS and he said wow really well i will call SEW and see what the heck is going on. I thought to myself i can tell you you have been caught out not telling the truth trying to give an excuse for nothing being done which has created a delay. I also told them we have 2 neighbours living on our street and one of the homes is 4 doors up and is also built by PD. lol

Our new front window hasnt even been installed and still sitting in the garage waiting for the chippy.

Anyway now we are finally meeting our tiler tomorrow morning and our SS said the house should be ready in 3 to 3.5 weeks.....well see if they keep to that.
tstr1a
ma2531
tstira i really enjoyed reading ur write on the energy eff.
i have learnt so much from ur blog and took alot of you have said into consideration, up graded the heating unit, the only thing i wish we did was to get the heating zoned which i forgot all about in our electrics app.
PD had given us R6.0 batts in the celing, and R2.5 in walls and sisalation, and all double glazed windows in the lounge/study/dining windows. so hoping it will be good enough. ill let u know whenever the house is finished!
keep up the good work.........................

ma2531,

You can add the zoning post handover so don’t stress. R6 ceiling insulation is going to make a big difference to the house temp. With increasing energy costs you will save heaps over the years.

Regards
T

We did the standard insulation as i had no idea that sort of thing could be upgraded- new at the building thing. Do you know if we can add more in the ceiling post handover??? I guess that would help some- wish we could add more in the walls but thats too late.
Rups
Congrats JLD!! Great feeling isn't it?

Sure is Rups! Couldn't stop smiling

Sammyjane, sounds like either shocking communication or little white ******. 3.5 weeks is exciting! Oh and you can definitely add insulation in your roof after handover.
JLD
We've been plastered! Well they aren't finished yet but not much left to do.....really makes the house feel like a house

it really gives you an idea of space and you can start to visualise where you want certain furniture. We went by this morning to meet the tiler who was already cleaning the floor and preping and it was great to finally see the paint and the surprise to us to see our lgass splash back:)

Cant wait for your home to progress more and to see pics!

BTW thansk for the info regarding adding more insulation post handover!
Sammyjane31
We were told today that our tiles werent delivered until Friday or today(monday) and asked well was any fitting off done last week while we waited for the tiles and SS said no as the painter took longer than expected- 2 weeks. I smell a rat!

They then said there is a sewer delay and referred me to South East Wwater (SEW) and ask them for further info. I called our land sales contact and she said no there isnt a delay contact the developer and after a few more emails to the builder and then forwarding an email from SEW (without dates on it bit suss) and talking to the developer he then advised that a PIC# something SEW (gives this # when the sewer is ready to be connected) and said that it was completed on 9th March! I then told our SS and he said wow really well i will call SEW and see what the heck is going on. I thought to myself i can tell you you have been caught out not telling the truth trying to give an excuse for nothing being done which has created a delay. I also told them we have 2 neighbours living on our street and one of the homes is 4 doors up and is also built by PD. lol

Our new front window hasnt even been installed and still sitting in the garage waiting for the chippy.

Anyway now we are finally meeting our tiler tomorrow morning and our SS said the house should be ready in 3 to 3.5 weeks.....well see if they keep to that.

sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I would rather my SS just give me a call and say that it's been delayed as I can't get the tradies in, but I'm doing everything I can to get the job done. Not all this run around/fibs to try to deflect the blame.
its very poor form!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
cattycatcat
sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I would rather my SS just give me a call and say that it's been delayed as I can't get the tradies in, but I'm doing everything I can to get the job done. Not all this run around/fibs to try to deflect the blame.
its very poor form!

My SS hasn't told me any fibs but it is just as frustrating when he can't get the tradies in no matter what the problem or issue. Check my thread for the plastering issue update. Its now in week 17 of fixing stage (week 31 overall).
Sammyjane31
JLD

it really gives you an idea of space and you can start to visualise where you want certain furniture. We went by this morning to meet the tiler who was already cleaning the floor and preping and it was great to finally see the paint and the surprise to us to see our lgass splash back:)

Cant wait for your home to progress more and to see pics!

BTW thansk for the info regarding adding more insulation post handover!

Sounds like it's all coming along SJ, will stalk you for pictures of your splashback!
Stalking complete
SJ your kitchen looks fabulous!
here here sj!
Amazing SJ!!

Thanks everyone! We are very pleased with our colour selections, so nerve racking picking from a small sample. We originally choose dark counter tops and did a variation maybe 8 or so weeks ago to the lighter and I am really glad we did it as it would have been too dark.

Thanks again for checking the blog out

I cant wait to cook in there:)
thebigbuild
here here sj!

I meant to tell you earlier- love your paint colour! That is the colour i was trying to achieve but the Kid Leather didn't come out as dark as i thought it might. I still love Kid Leather, so in a way I am glad it is lighter versus being too dark.

We can always do an extra coat later where we feel we want to add possibly a feature wall or something.
Sammyjane31
Thanks everyone! We are very pleased with our colour selections, so nerve racking picking from a small sample. We originally choose dark counter tops and did a variation maybe 8 or so weeks ago to the lighter and I am really glad we did it as it would have been too dark.

Hi Sammyjane31,

Glad to hear you’re pleased with your colour selections and that your change to lighter counter tops paid off. It can be tricky choosing colours and surfaces from a small sample size. Has there been any further update regarding SEW delay? Cheers, Ebony
Team PD
Sammyjane31

Hi Sammyjane31,

Glad to hear you’re pleased with your colour selections and that your change to lighter counter tops paid off. It can be tricky choosing colours and surfaces from a small sample size. Has there been any further update regarding SEW delay? Cheers, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

Actually there arent any SEW/sewer delays - I have spoken to the land office and the building developer and both have said no delays and in fact people are already living on the street. I also supplied our BC with the PIC# (something SEW provide) which she said she would have in a week or so, I then rang our building developer and supplied it to our BC in 5 minutes so she can forward to the permits department. Our BC also advised that our SS is working on booking our house through completion and will have this information avaialble straight after Easter and they are aiming for end of the month completion but will have exact dates next week.....fingers crossed.
No time for a full update but we are so close. Facade almost done;just wall lights missing plus our decking to front step after handover. Ive never posted a pic in a post before so here goes nothing!

Hi guys

Just a quick one - we had colour today and wanted to check if anyone had done a Cat 2 brick upgrade or knew rough costs. We are building the 36sq.
Just pouring over the budget with a fine tooth comb trying to reign it in!!

Thanks!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum