Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 242 of 862
That looks AWESOME! Well done on a mammoth effort! Did you have any help?
Father in Law helped out.. he did a awesome job, its def a 2 person task, and even then its hard work.

So sore.
[quote="humble"]Father in Law helped out.. he did a awesome job, its def a 2 person task, and even then its hard work.

So sore.
/quote]
I'd imagine that not easy work...
Not looking forward to doing the same when mine is finished.

Ive updated my blog if anyone is interested....
Hey Alpal. House is looking great, especially now bricks are on and plaster is in! A real house now! (Can you remind me which bricks you went for again. Still deciding on ours)

And while we are at that, does anyone have the Boral addresses for where the Brushwood or BrownTerrain brick were used and could PM me. I emailled them early last week, but haven't heard back yet!
humble
It took us 4 weekends, and 4 days of digging holes, but our deck is finished.

Total cost.. $4k.
Total size.. 69sqm

Total Savings: Over 11k.

Would I do it again? Hope not..

Looks amazing humble.
tstr1a

Looks amazing humble.

Thanks! Now to get the rest of it done before winter.
Looks great Humble! Maybe you can do ours?? lol
J & C
Thanks guys for throwing some light on this I found your discussion informative.

Westpac really didn't ask for much from us- we provided them the paperwork stating what the cost of the land was and the house with the items we wanted in it and that was it. Are you still finalising your financing? We will most likely be switching it a smaller bank once we see how the interest rates go.
I’ve updated my blog with some of our interior and landscaping projects that we are doing. Seems like building a house never ends. I can’t wait for that day that I can kick back and relax.

Humble I’m starting my deck soon, I found a place at sells 90mm x 19mm merbau for $5 per LM. I can wait until it done; it will completely change the look and feel of the entire house. Landscaping is as important as the interior.
Alpal

Wow! Nice progress on you house.

My slab was put down 2 months before yours and your build is now more progressed than my build.

...looking at the progress of so many of the builds on this forum I think I can officially give my build the title of "ugly stepchild of PD"
tstr1a
I’ve updated my blog with some of our interior and landscaping projects that we are doing. Seems like building a house never ends. I can’t wait for that day that I can kick back and relax.

Humble I’m starting my deck soon, I found a place at sells 90mm x 19mm merbau for $5 per LM. I can wait until it done; it will completely change the look and feel of the entire house. Landscaping is as important as the interior.

Wow $5 per LM! Thats awesome
Can you share the info? I checked out your blog and your backyard is coming along you will be finished in no time.
Just some more pics..

butterflypond
Hi all,

Has anyone built a Porter Davis Montague 21? If so what changes have you made?
I am signing up with them tomorrow YAY

Hi butterflypond,

Firstly congrats and welcome to the forum! As you can see it's excellent in seeking advice or help from other home builders who are at all different stages! Another great source is the PD Blog - http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/ Plus I'm also here to help as well so please feel free to private message me if you need further assistance. I hope your signing went smoothly, did you end up sticking with Montague? Cheers, Ebony
humble
It took us 4 weekends, and 4 days of digging holes, but our deck is finished.

Total cost.. $4k.
Total size.. 69sqm

Total Savings: Over 11k.

Would I do it again? Hope not..

Hi humble,

Excellent job, its looks great! Hard work but totally worth it, congratulations.
Cheers, Ebony
Sammyjane31
tstr1a

Can you share the info? I checked out your blog and your backyard is coming along you will be finished in no time.

I totally agree. I had a look at your updates, and they look great. The new water feature is going to look HOT!!!
Whereabouts did you source your merbau? Great price!!
Hi guys we are in!!!
We love our new home.
cinderella_375
Sammyjane31
tstr1a

I totally agree. I had a look at your updates, and they look great. The new water feature is going to look HOT!!!
Whereabouts did you source your merbau? Great price!!

Thats about the right price.. I paid very similar.

I used these guys (tony!) http://www.merbauaustralia.com.au/

Free Delivery for me, I live around the corner.
Alpal

Hey Alpal, was just wondering how your build was going....so much happening and looking good.

Serenitynow, that room is gorgeous!

Off to check off your blog in a sec Testr1a.

Lots happening at our place today with everyone there getting us ready for lock up. It might be today.....just got a call from our SS to discuss deadlocks being installed.
Bunnings is selling Merbau for 5.49 per l/m.

I'll get the name of the other place which is selling Merbau for $5 per l/m...
serenitynow
Hi guys we are in!!!
We love our new home.

Looking impressive. More pics please
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum