Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 239 of 862
JLD
cinderella_375
JLD
That's very exciting Cinderella.....remind me again which design you chose?

We are building the Chadwick.

I have been reading the forum like crazy for tips and tricks. We especially want to be prepared for colour appointments (as we haven't got a whole heap of room to move in the budget, and don't want to get carried away and disappointed)

Did you guys visit brick showrooms and National Tiles before your appointment? Or did you just browse Hopetoun prior? We think we will go to Hopetoun on Sunday to have an initial browse.

Nice....I remember checking it out when you told me last time!

Definitely go and have a look at National Tiles as well. It's really well set up with the tiles put in order of expense and they are very friendly. Added bonus is they are just around the corner from Hopetoun.

I did go to the brick company as well and they were very helpful and best bit is they can give you addresses of houses which have used the bricks you're after. It really helps to see it in a large setting. They can email this to you as well though if you don't have time to get there.

If you have any trouble with pricing come in here and ask for specifics because we can probaly help

It seems overwhelming at first with so many decisions to be made but you'll be surprised how definite you are about some things and what you dither about. Things like cornices and architraves took me a while because I didn't care about the style as much as the width which can make it harder. Good decision to give my Hubby.

Remember you can always take things out but harder to change afterwards.

Best of luck

+1

Go to all places for inspiration and shortlisting, and probably multiple times (if you can). Look at Displays, go to the brick showrooms, take lots of notes and take photos. If you get samples, take them with you to help decide.

You'll be amazed how what looks great one day, may not be what you are after, a few days later.

Also - don't try and make everything a feature, or your rooms will look confused, espeically after you furnish and decorate post handover.

Consistency across rooms was something we maintained too (i.e. stone bench types, cabinetry colours / finishes, handles, tapware etc.)

Good luck!
Thanks heaps guys. I think we will go and visit Boral bricks definitely then. It would be nice to see the bricks in action also!
We were hoping not to have to spend too much on upgrades at colours as I said. But from what I gather, then Cat 1 bricks are a bit limited. We are after a dark/choc/mocha kind of colour and from what I can research on here so far, any of the nice ones are an upgrade?
Good to know we can go to National Tiles too and suss them out beforehand too.

I already have a huge folder of photos on my computer of colours/tile inspiration. I think it may be pretty easy though as we keep coming back to the Urban Mocha theme. And surprisingly, we both agree on it...mostly!
cinderella_375
Thanks heaps guys. I think we will go and visit Boral bricks definitely then. It would be nice to see the bricks in action also!
We were hoping not to have to spend too much on upgrades at colours as I said. But from what I gather, then Cat 1 bricks are a bit limited. We are after a dark/choc/mocha kind of colour and from what I can research on here so far, any of the nice ones are an upgrade?

I already have a huge folder of photos on my computer of colours/tile inspiration. I think it may be pretty easy though as we keep coming back to the Urban Mocha theme. And surprisingly, we both agree on it...mostly!

Hi Cinders
We had no budget to upgrade bricks, but that was when all the pricing was secret too, so I didn't know how much extra each additional category was, and expected it to be about 3-5K.

That said, we picked from cat 1. I hated the selections (5 options between orange and brown), but now that I'm all bricked up, I quite like it now. We chose Brushwood and we're the only house to have a house not dark brown or grey / black, or the extreme, light light cream or orange option.

But my facade has allowed me options for weatherboard colours, garage door texture, roof colour, a stone feature and the front room projection is rendered. And I'd prefer that and upping the brick category, having a monochrome brick then not being able to add the render and stone columns.

And keep visiting, my first choice that I wanted wanted wanted, I now loath ! lol
Good luck
Mike
Which was PD best promo for prestige homes and how does the current promo fare in comparison.

Does anyone know if they are offering bi-fold doors in their current promo.
J & C
Which was PD best promo for prestige homes and how does the current promo fare in comparison.

Does anyone know if they are offering bi-fold doors in their current promo.

Complete. Jan 2011.

Don't think they do bifolds now, however the PDFs for all the current promotions now indicate the value for each item. So when they say "$60,000 of value for $1,999", you can see where they get the $60,000 from. Sort of.
Our facade is pretty much bricked up now
Can't see much with the scaffolding but it's nice to see some action. Had 4 brickies and their labourer there today which kept them moving. Funny to see the whole front side etc but the entire back wall hasn't been started.....still waiting on that stacker!!
Audreyand Oscar
I'm past three months, no letter or call but I'm not surprised!

Hi Audreyand Oscar,

I'm sorry to hear that no one has been in contact with you, I've followed this up and PD shall be in contact with you shortly to book in your inspection. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Cheers, Ebony
Thanks, got a call this morning to sort it out. Was funny actually as they asked for Audrey when I answered.....Audrey and Oscar are my dogs!!!!!
Audreyand Oscar
Thanks, got a call this morning to sort it out. Was funny actually as they asked for Audrey when I answered.....Audrey and Oscar are my dogs!!!!!

LMAO
how much extra did the upgrade to wooden window cost ?
J & C

It depends on the size....here is a link to our quote (page 6), remember that staining is an extra cost too.
I would allow $1000 - $2000 per window.

http://kapconswc.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/quote-1.html
Team PD
tamugrg
Hi,

I changed my house size but my 24seven doesn't have anything till now. My building coordinator has told me that it is because of the size change & she will inform the IT team but it has already been close to a month & I keep on hearing the same thing. Does anyone suggest on how it can be fixed as this can create problem down the road because I cannot verify any colour/electrical selections or any documents are correct as I don't have anything there in my 24seven.

Cheers,

Hi tamugrg,

I’m sorry to hear that you're still waiting for plans to be added to your 24Seven tool and that it has been close to a month. I can follow this up for you if you like, are you able to please send me a private message with your full name, lot address and the name of your BC. Thanks, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

24 seven hasn't still been fixed. I have send you a PM. Please assist if you can.

Cheers,
tamu
Rups
J & C

It depends on the size....here is a link to our quote (page 6), remember that staining is an extra cost too.
I would allow $1000 - $2000 per window.

http://kapconswc.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/quote-1.html

Thanks Rups
Well what do you know....half our stacker door arrived today
Well 2 of the panels out of 3 and no frame but a delivery none the less.

This bricking might actually get finished by next week.
Rups I have just read ur blog and thought it was great!.
You have done a great job with everything u have put into ur blog.
I loved comparing prices and there are some prices that are such a difference.
Wish I read ur posts earlier! I will be following ur blog.
ma2531
Rups I have just read ur blog and thought it was great!.
You have done a great job with everything u have put into ur blog.
I loved comparing prices and there are some prices that are such a difference.
Wish I read ur posts earlier! I will be following ur blog.

Thanks ma2531
Very kind of you!

We really enjoy putting it together and hope everyone gets something out of it!

Many more posts to come
Hey Guys,

I finally met my Site Supervisor on Friday! We are only 4 weeks out from having our PCI and keys and I'm so excited. All our painting is done and the tiler started on Tuesday..

Not much more to go!!

There's more info and plenty of pics on my blog:
http://www.ourwallanhome.blogspot.com.au/

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here and I can move in over the Easter break... Now I just have to think about what kind of puppy I want

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
cattycatcat
Hey Guys,

I finally met my Site Supervisor on Friday! We are only 4 weeks out from having our PCI and keys and I'm so excited. All our painting is done and the tiler started on Tuesday..

Not much more to go!!

There's more info and plenty of pics on my blog:
http://www.ourwallanhome.blogspot.com.au/

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here and I can move in over the Easter break... Now I just have to think about what kind of puppy I want

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes

Hi cattycatcat,

I’m really pleased to hear that you’ve finally met your SS. How exciting that PCI is coming up so quickly with Easter just around the corner. Cheers, Ebony
So confused CCC, having a really hard time with 2 deaths; one in our family and one in our community, my dear friend with severe PND, my daughter in hospital with breathing issues 2 weeks ago and with the flu - our Au Pair is arriving in a week and we have no room for her and DOING OUR HEAD IN waiting for the house to be ready etc, etc etc. We were strung along SO much in the pre-construction stages being told that the house could be ready in March [we only signed after discussing this]. We are at the same stage as you right now so I dont really understand why but suddenly we are not expecting to be in until May. Having a really hard day! Or make that week. Anyone take a holiday near PCI? I can not take being in this rental for much longer.
Mikey_Harrison
cinderella_375

Hi Cinders
We had no budget to upgrade bricks, but that was when all the pricing was secret too, so I didn't know how much extra each additional category was, and expected it to be about 3-5K.

That said, we picked from cat 1. I hated the selections (5 options between orange and brown), but now that I'm all bricked up, I quite like it now. We chose Brushwood and we're the only house to have a house not dark brown or grey / black, or the extreme, light light cream or orange option.

But my facade has allowed me options for weatherboard colours, garage door texture, roof colour, a stone feature and the front room projection is rendered. And I'd prefer that and upping the brick category, having a monochrome brick then not being able to add the render and stone columns.

And keep visiting, my first choice that I wanted wanted wanted, I now loath ! lol
Good luck
Mike

Thanks Mike. I might be really slow on the uptake, but do you have a blog or pictures of your house anywhere at all. Brushwood is on the list for consideration. I am going to get the addresses from Boral of places that have used bricks as suggested, but thought a photo or two to start might help?!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum