Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 235 of 862
thebigbuild
great to know thx jld. what colour did you choose?!

Had to go and have a look! Rustic coffee for us. We've tiled all downstairs except the Theatre and Master Bed.

What colour did you choose?
serenitynow
We have Pci this Thursday
any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Very excited and happy

Gratz guys. Hope it all goes well.

Keep an eye on things for me when you get there.
Still a while till i get to that stage.
Hi All. I keep hearing that PD is going broke. Has anyone else heard of this? Maybe Ebony can shed some light on the situation?
Any links doreen?
nah i can't find anything on google. If you type "porter davis broke" into google, there is a review where someone has asked the question but i can't find it.
Zinner
serenitynow
We have Pci this Thursday
any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Very excited and happy

Gratz guys. Hope it all goes well.

Keep an eye on things for me when you get there.
Still a while till i get to that stage.

Thank you
and you bet we will keep an eye out, infact I think
Your lucky as a few people have moved in which makes it safer and a deterrent to vandals.

Will have a bottle of sparkly waiting for you guys when you move in.
Doreen_Kallara33
Hi All. I keep hearing that PD is going broke. Has anyone else heard of this? Maybe Ebony can shed some light on the situation?

This was brought up on here last week and Ebony responded...should only be a page or two back. Basically they have merged two offices to open Ballarat and they are about to open new display villages.

Not that if they are going broke they're going to tell us on here first
first of all i would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the information that has helped us in purchasing our new home.

in return i would love to help out anyone that needs information that we have learned in the process of purchasing our home

i have created a blog which i hope can help someone that needs any questions answered, i will do my best as im all new to this computer stuff!

my blog: a waldorf 44 for m&a

so thankyou to you all......................
Does anyone have any links I can check in regards to site drainage? Surely if my neighbour is doing concrete, and he is sloping it away from his house, he has to place some sort of drainage? basically my neighbour is piping all his stormwater into my backyard.

Or is it my problem?
humble
Does anyone have any links I can check in regards to site drainage? Surely if my neighbour is doing concrete, and he is sloping it away from his house, he has to place some sort of drainage? basically my neighbour is piping all his stormwater into my backyard.

Or is it my problem?

Hey Humble, I don’t think that there is a requirement for next door to drain away water which leads to your property.

I’m doing the right thing and landscape my property so it drains into the stormwater pit and not into next doors property.
ma2531
first of all i would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the information that has helped us in purchasing our new home.

in return i would love to help out anyone that needs information that we have learned in the process of purchasing our home

i have created a blog which i hope can help someone that needs any questions answered, i will do my best as im all new to this computer stuff!

my blog: a waldorf 44 for m&a

so thankyou to you all......................

Welcome, I'm following your blog now.
ma2531 - I am now also following your blog. I hope you enjoy reading all the helpful updates!
tstr1a
humble

Or is it my problem?

Hey Humble, I don’t think that there is a requirement for next door to drain away water which leads to your property.

I’m doing the right thing and landscape my property so it drains into the stormwater pit and not into next doors property.

PD had drains installed.. he concreted over them!

Spoke to council, they referred to the surveyor, good use that will be. Spoke to him again, he goes, well thats not my problem. W$nker.

Grr
humble

Or is it my problem?

I don't think you are allowed to direct drainage or water onto another persons property. The only time its allowed is if it is naturally occurring due to the slope of the land.

found this info:

Entry of Water
If water is naturally flowing from one parcel of land onto another because
of the lie of the land, there is no legal issue. Drainage easements are
often granted when land is subdivided so that waste water may flow
over another’s lane (or under it, in pipes) without causing difficulties. If,
however, a flow of water is directly or indirectly caused by a neighbour’s
activities and damage occurs, then an occupier may have a right to take
legal action for compensation.
If the act is deliberate (for example, a neighbour deliberately directing
a hose onto the land), the flow of water is a trespass. If it is an ongoing
activity then the flow could constitute nuisance (for example, a leaking
drainpipe). If the flow is a result of a neighbour’s carelessness, then
there may be a case of negligence (for example, a careless construction
of a drainpipe). In rural areas, there may be a particular problem if
neighbours share a stream or river or other waterway.
Zinner
humble

Or is it my problem?

I don't think you are allowed to direct drainage or water onto another persons property. The only time its allowed is if it is naturally occurring due to the slope of the land.

found this info:

Entry of Water

Link please, council reckon its my problem.
humble
Zinner
humble

Or is it my problem?

found this info:

Entry of Water

Link please, council reckon its my problem.

It actually is your problem; it becomes a legal issue between you and next door. Council doesn’t have any jurisdiction over trespass or negligence.
tstr1a
It actually is your problem; it becomes a legal issue between you and next door. Council doesn’t have any jurisdiction over trespass or negligence.

Well, I would have assumed that they would be interested in owners concreting over planned drainage..

http://www.lawhandbook.org.au/handbook/ch10s02s06.php

'reasonable' is the key word here..

Contacting PD. Lets see how we go. I want to confirm the drain was there for drainage purposes.
Confirmed. The drain was there for drainage purposes.. so now, I have a lovely conversation to have with my neighbour, and a request in writing for him to install drainage. Otherwise, i am off to VCAT.
today is our final drawings signing day, went thru them last nite as i ask my b/c to email to me so when we go in today we are prepared.

tstra1a i must say a very big thankyou to you cause i used ur notes on here and ur blog from the very start and what a help..............
thankgod i am learning now how to use a computer to thankyou on here now just gotta learn how to download pics from my phone onto screen for my blog.
so to you all thankyou................for the great info..
Hi ma2531,
I’m glad that my info has helped you. Last week I was thinking that my posts weren’t of any uses and I should limit the access to my blog. I am surprises with the amount of comments other fellow builders have sent me and I will continue posting my experiences and ideas to help others. I actually would encourage everyone to do the same.

I was thinking for a while that someone should start a new threat on homeone called “Porter Davis Price List” were everyone lists the prices they were charged for upgrade items (door, handles, stairs, stone bench tops, cupboards, brick categories, gas point, water point, ect), electrical and other stuff. We all know that PD are quiet secretive with their prices and as a collective we all have this information. The prices will only be current if it gains momentum, like this PD thread. The idea is out there and anyone can start it.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum