Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 218 of 862
Sammyjane31
Just terrible Humble! I hate to say it but i was thinking workmen in the area as they would see every movement
I hope nothing of special meaning or of value was taken! Hang in there and i am glad you are still on here if i have any questions

That's awful Humble

Rups
JLD
Hey Rups,

Is the sarking green stuff put on the trusses before the tiles??? If so then I'm watching the tilers do that as we speak. We just have the Cat 1 roof tile but we have dropped our roof profile to 18 degrees so maybe it has something to do with that?

Yep - that's sarking. It's a thermofoil, similar to what they wrap the house in before bricking.

The lower profile roof pitch may be why.

I asked our Inspector on Wednesday about it, and he gave the same 2 reasons that T did earlier... low profile tiles and/or bushfire risk mitigation.

Thanks Rups, I'm sure we paid for it but it's nice to get added extras that you didn't know you were going to get

It makes me more confident that they're doing the right thing with the build.
Sammyjane31
Just terrible Humble! I hate to say it but i was thinking workmen in the area as they would see every movement
I hope nothing of special meaning or of value was taken! Hang in there and i am glad you are still on here if i have any questions

Work Laptop, All my SLR camera gear, wifes ipad.. only about $12k..

Knowing my alarm was faulty gives me heaps of confidence as well.. considering it was set, and didnt go off..

I have narrowed it down to 2 people, police suspect the same..

EDIT: It has taken all sense of polish off our wonderful home, I am not finding issues with the house I didnt see before, including cracks in the driveway floor, as well as a window not sealed. Grr.. The sooner my neighbours finish (1 to go) the better.
humble
Sammyjane31

Work Laptop, All my SLR camera gear, wifes ipad.. only about $12k..

Knowing my alarm was faulty gives me heaps of confidence as well.. considering it was set, and didnt go off..

I have narrowed it down to 2 people, police suspect the same..

EDIT: It has taken all sense of polish off our wonderful home, I am not finding issues with the house I didnt see before, including cracks in the driveway floor, as well as a window not sealed. Grr.. The sooner my neighbours finish (1 to go) the better.

I am so sorry and angry to hear Humble.
Unfknblvble!!!! I really feel for you. They need a good hiding if you know what I mean. Teach them a lesson. If the police find out who it was I hope your belongings will be returned and I hope they lose their job over this.
I am so sorry humble, that is so terrible, what f'ing ar$eholes!!!! Are the fluffy babies okay ?
Hey Humble that is the worst, what's the go with the alarm not working????

Have you taken down your thread because of the theft?
tstr1a
tstr1a
J & C
Has anyone leveled their backyard after handover ? How much does leveling cost ? We want to at least level our backyard post handover.

Could you please PM me the names of some contractors in the SE suburbs.

Call Dave's Dingo Hire on 0419 244 466 ($370) for 4 hours and $80 per hour after

If you have heaps of dirt to move call Daniel on 0417 700 922.. he has an excuvator and a 10 tonn truck. Cheaps prices in town, trust me I've removed about 110 tonns of dirt

Thanks Tstr1a
Sammyjane31
J & C
Has anyone leveled their backyard after handover ? How much does leveling cost ? We want to at least level our backyard post handover.

Could you please PM me the names of some contractors in the SE suburbs.

Thanks for asking that question, as we are planning on getting the backyard and front yard leveled post handover.
We may even jsut have a bobcat come in and do the leveling and moving of dirt.

Where about is SE suburbs are you building?? We are building at Ambrosia.

in Keysborough
JLD

Basically.. and also the fact that someone random identified the house, and literally just walked up and spoke to me about it.. I didnt realise this forum is publicly viewable.

Yer, fences are up now, pitbull x staffy comes to join our 2 cockers tomorrow.
humble
JLD

Basically.. and also the fact that someone random identified the house, and literally just walked up and spoke to me about it.. I didnt realise this forum is publicly viewable.

Wow, that would have been weird! Definitely anyone can view, makes you think twice about how much to say on here.
JLD
humble
JLD

Wow, that would have been weird! Definitely anyone can view, makes you think twice about how much to say on here.

Yer its a pretty sad state of affairs..
Yes, you have to be vigillant on what you say on this forum as it's open for anyone to see and read. Some people will give too much info away and it makes it so easy for the thieves to find out where you live and when you won't be home and they have a good opportunity to break in. When taking photos of the outside of your property don't show the street sign or anything that can be identifyable in the distances of where you live. When I signed up with Porter Davis this forum helped me find two homes as I wanted to see the facades. Without them mentioning their address directly, I actually found where the house was and drove down to view the facades by looking at their photo's and seeing the background and mentioning the estate they lived in. It was easy to find. That kind of showed me not to give out too much details of where I live. It's a real shame that this can happen when this forum has helped so many people build their dream homes. It's like we are all family. We don't know each other but we go thru the same ups and downs and help each other out where ever we can.
It really is horrible that this sort of thing can happen. The people that do this really are the scum of the earth. I'd love to catch one and best them to within an inch of their life.
My sympathies go out to you Humble. I hope they are caught and karma bites them back twice as hard.
humble
JLD

Tend to agree with Eli and Humble here...

I have just edited my entire blog to remove any references to floor plans and any specifics (upgrades, location details) that could make it easy for someone to do the same.
Looks like I will be only updating the blog with very general info going forward...

Its a shame really as giving details is what helps fellow builders
Many don't realise that photos taken on smart phones contain geotagging, whether you turn the function off or not.
Consider this when you post pics on forums.
Hi all, I thought I would share for the people who are interested in getting cheap temporary blinds. I have been searching and came across a product called redi shade temporary blinds. Here is a link for those wanting to have a look. Also the site mentions you can get them from bunnings but I have called a few Bunnings stores in the western suburbs and none of them stock it anymore but you can order direct through Redi Shade Australia by emailing sales@redishade.com.au or calling (07)3861 4422 or contacting them thru the US website. I haven't contacted this company yet as I just stumbled onto them and it's a Sunday but am planning to order these this week.

People on this forum has said they look amazing and have lived with them for months as they actually look great until they order their real window furnishings.

Redishade website:
http://redishade.com/store/index.html

This is a thread I also found on redi shade blinds and other temporary blinds you may prefer.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31381&p=437235&hilit=redi+shade+blinds#p437235

and another thread.....
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8570&start=20
has anyone considered moving the laundry door on the inside and have a different door outside the house for security reasons.
J & C
has anyone considered moving the laundry door on the inside and have a different door outside the house for security reasons.

Hey J & C, I'm probably just tired and easily confused but I don't follow what you mean??

Eli-Kay - I've been reading about those too and I think they look great while getting a feel for the house and deciding which window coverings I want.
J & C

Hi J&C,

I think I understand what your asking - the door in the laundry is full glass and shows inside the house, or easy to break and enter. In terms of showing we are going to install a blind on the door.
In terms of breaking in its like my wife says - if someone wants to get inside your house they will - brick through the window etc.
Alpal
J & C

Hi J&C,

I think I understand what your asking - the door in the laundry is full glass and shows inside the house, or easy to break and enter. In terms of showing we are going to install a blind on the door.
In terms of breaking in its like my wife says - if someone wants to get inside your house they will - brick through the window etc.

Hi Alpal,

I've been reading a lot about break-ins lately and hence was thinking along those line.

Has anyone considered crimsafe.
J & C
Hi Alpal,

I've been reading a lot about break-ins lately and hence was thinking along those line.

Has anyone considered crimsafe.

J&C,

If there in your backyard there as good as in anyway
Would not stress too much.. Better off getting a dog and house alarm
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum