Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 216 of 862
Alpal
Rups
House looks great T! Very nicely decorated... when do you expect the rest of your furniture to turn up? Have they given you a date?

Our roof is now 95% complete, and the upgrade to the flat roof tile was worth every penny...looks awesome! They've put sarking between the roof tiles and the trusses, which was surprising. Having a sticky beak at some of the other PD houses being built across the road, they don't have it. Did any of you guys get this? Any idea on what the criteria is to have in fitted?

Our bricks are delayed again, from 10/1 to 6/2. Nuff said.

Hi Rups,

no sarking on mine - I wished they did
/quote]

Alpal
What BAL rating were you given as I think 19 and higher it is a requirement.

Rob
Rups
House looks great T! Very nicely decorated... when do you expect the rest of your furniture to turn up? Have they given you a date?

Our roof is now 95% complete, and the upgrade to the flat roof tile was worth every penny...looks awesome! They've put sarking between the roof tiles and the trusses, which was surprising. Having a sticky beak at some of the other PD houses being built across the road, they don't have it. Did any of you guys get this? Any idea on what the criteria is to have in fitted?

Our bricks are delayed again, from 10/1 to 6/2. Nuff said.

Hey rups sarking is required with low profile roof tiles or metal roofs to reduce condensation. Also acts as an insulator which is good.

Furniture will arrive in 3 weeks and the upstairs couch in 3 months.

Our fireplace arrives next week
Hey guys,

I've updated my blog with heaps of pictures as well as my thread (links can be found in my signature)

Oh if anyone in hunting of a few kitchen bargains check out www.petersofkensington.com.au I just saved a bundle

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
Hi All. In regards to sarking in the roof, if you get a colour bond roof it comes with sarking and also if it's part of the BAL assessment to my knowledge. My BAL is 12.5 which is the lowest and I had to get sarking in the roof, aluminium mesh in my fly screens. Hope this helps
Quote:
for 22 blockouts and screens installed we got quoted $3000..

humble... I am so impressed by the prices you manage to score! I've had 6 quotes for far fewer blinds all around that same ball park figure, where did you manage to get that fantastic price!?!

We are still a few weeks from handover, but I want to have everything sorted for a smooth move!
trudyx
Quote:
for 22 blockouts and screens installed we got quoted $3000..

humble... I am so impressed by the prices you manage to score! I've had 6 quotes for far fewer blinds all around that same ball park figure, where did you manage to get that fantastic price!?!

We are still a few weeks from handover, but I want to have everything sorted for a smooth move!

I used Sharon’s curtains and blinds in Dandenong, we have 36 bock out and view screens for $4,600 and 3 plantation shutters for $1,400 (large windows)
It's funny, in a ridiculous way, how much prices can vary!

Thanks Tstr1a, I'll have a look into that also
Does anyone have outdoor tiles to there Alfresco or Portico that they can upload? Thanks
Doreen_Kallara33
Does anyone have outdoor tiles to there Alfresco or Portico that they can upload? Thanks

I think I've got some pics on my blog...
tstr1a
Hey guys,

I’ve posted pics on my blog of our new kitchen with pendant lights and our new dry pantry.
Love to hear what you think.
Cheers
T

Hi tstr1a,
Wow, your kitchen is stunning! There is definitely a lot of thought and heart in the layout and styling, right down to all the finer details, it’s just lovely. You must be very happy, have you had your family around yet to officially celebrate the kitchen?
Ebony
Team PD
tstr1a
Hey guys,

I’ve posted pics on my blog of our new kitchen with pendant lights and our new dry pantry.
Love to hear what you think.
Cheers
T

Hi tstr1a,
Wow, your kitchen is stunning! There is definitely a lot of thought and heart in the layout and styling, right down to all the finer details, it’s just lovely. You must be very happy, have you had your family around yet to officially celebrate the kitchen?
Ebony

Thanks Ebony,

The family loves the house, especially the kitchen. I can’t wait until everything is finished, landscaping is a big job but will be worth all the hard work in the end.

Internally I’m waiting for our fireplace to arrive, blinds and wall paper to be fitted in the powder room.
Mews
no sarking on mine - I wished they did
/quote]

Alpal
What BAL rating were you given as I think 19 and higher it is a requirement.

Rob

Hi Rob,

They used the maquarie roof tiles (std) on mine and going off Humbles comment this is probably why.
tstr1a you house looks absolutely stunning! Definitely worthly of being a display home! Where did you buy the pendant lights?? I would like to do 3 and am debating if i should have 3 of 1 batton or 3 individual?

The butlers pantry and kitchen looks amazing and i dont think i would ever cook in the main kitchen unless i needed to use the oven! You should be very happy with the end result!
Update on our future home....

As of yesterday our temporary SS advised bricking has started and should be done by the end of this week, but maybe early next week as this guy is slower and accurate and more detailed? He also advised our front door frame hasn’t been installed as we received one that is too big and the correct one should arrive in the next day or so.

In addition, we were also told they will start the plastering next week!

We also noticed on our last visit (Saturday) there was a lot of pink spray paint on the framework from the inspection and the rectification work was to be done on Monday.

We are all excited to do another visit this week to see the progress.
Sammyjane31
tstr1a you house looks absolutely stunning! Definitely worthly of being a display home! Where did you buy the pendant lights?? I would like to do 3 and am debating if i should have 3 of 1 batton or 3 individual?

The butlers pantry and kitchen looks amazing and i dont think i would ever cook in the main kitchen unless i needed to use the oven! You should be very happy with the end result!

Thanks Sammyjane31,

The house is looking better each day as more furniture arrives.... hopefully tomorrow our dining table arrives.
Can someone please let me know all the phases in constructing a house such as slab, framing and approximately how much time each it takes to complete each of the stages. I have gathered that it takes approximately 5 months to construct a double storey so a single storey would take less than 5 months.
J & C
Can someone please let me know all the phases in constructing a house such as slab, framing and approximately how much time each it takes to complete each of the stages. I have gathered that it takes approximately 5 months to construct a double storey so a single storey would take less than 5 months.

Hey J & C,

I’ve keep a day to day schedule of everything which happened during my build.
Here it is:

Slab – 14 days
Frame – 14 days
Lock up – 49 days
Fixing – 14 days
Getting ready for PCI – 56 days
Handover – 9 days

Total build was 156 days

46 sq house, not bad, and quality is excellent
J & C

Right on 5 months for us.. and we finished 4 weeks earlier then contract.
Sammyjane31

As of yesterday our temporary SS advised bricking has started and should be done by the end of this week, but maybe early next week as this guy is slower and accurate and more detailed? He also advised our front door frame hasn’t been installed as we received one that is too big and the correct one should arrive in the next day or so.

We also noticed on our last visit (Saturday) there was a lot of pink spray paint on the framework from the inspection and the rectification work was to be done on Monday.

Hi Sammyjane31,
Great progress update, sounds like your house is really taking shape now, you’ll really start to see your frame becoming your home. Looking forward to your next update.
Cheers, Ebony
Sammyjane31

Great progress on your place SammyJane
will have to go and check your blog

J & C

We have a contract for 238 days for our build (double) which includes 10 inclement weather days and 103 for weekends, rdo's and holidays. This means a possible 8 month build from site start at end of November.
I expect we'll be finished before then but I'm not expecting anything so we can't be too disappointed. We have a 12 month lease on this house til Sept 2012 so plenty of time to get organised unless we hit a snag of course

Tiles delivered at our house and waiting waiting for them to be put on....I can see our build through the trees from our current house so every time I'm looking out the kitchen window I can see what's happening......good and bad me thinks!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum