Spoke with Austral too, and the Magnesium brick has been delayed from 10/1 to 6/2 - and there's no guarantee of that either... bit of a pain...
Hey Rups, do you know if they're going to wait for the bricks or are they going to do an inside out build?
They / we are going to wait. The problem is that because the brick is not from their offered range (explain to me how only 4 of the 5 Elements range bricks Austral make are offered!) our BC did say at the time of confirming that PD will let us use it, that any delays caused by the brick not being available in Jan will result in delays being claimed against the contract (i.e. they will push out the build handover date by the delays incurred by non-availability), and if the delays are excessive (i.e. March / April), then penalty interest will be applied - we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We're okay with the contract being delayed, and assuming Austral have bricks in the first week of Feb, then PD may claim ~2 weeks.
Not interested in an inside out build.
There supplier cannot supply product, you get charged interest.. right.. I would be throwing the toys right out of the cot.