Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 212 of 862
Team PD
cinderella_375
Doreen_Kallara33
Hi Cinderella_375, I just got in for the style republic promotion, but my base price was 239,900. With the new summer promotion you get much less in comparison to the style republic, however, the base price has dropped to $222,000 approx which is $17. Once i saw the new base price i nearly cancelled the contract but i printed both promotions and its pretty much identical price using either promotion. It's just a promo tool to get people in at a low base price.

Thanks for that Doreen_Kallara33. I still think the previous promotion is best for what we were after with the inclusions. I might go over both carefully and see. But we liked a lot of the inclusions/upgrades in the Style Republic.
Thanks also Ebony. We aren't quite ready to go ahead yet, as I said, as we are waiting desperately for the sale of our house before we sign. So I haven't really chatted to our sales consultant properly about it yet. I will definitely let you know if I need some help with this though.
Cross your fingers we might get the sale on our place this week so we can finally get the ball rolling!

Hi Cinderella_375,

I appreciate you letting me know and wish you the best of luck selling your current home. If you have any other questions come up or need help with anything please know you can send me a private message any time.

If you’re interested in some additional resource on building a home we cover a lot of great topics on our blog which are not just on building a home but the building industry itself, if you haven’t seen it here is the link http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/.

Cheers, Ebony

Hi Eb, just a bit of feedback for the reception girls in the office.. usually its wise to let the customer (person calling you) get their sentence out, before getting cutoff.. It took me 3 attempts before I finally lost the plot and asked her to refrain from talking until my point was made.
cinderella_375
Hi All,
I am busy reading all your blogs and trying to catch up with this thread.
Quick question: on top of your initial quote, once your got to Hopetoun and electrical/colour selections - how much did you add in upgrades/extras here? Just trying to work out our rough budget and how much we should factor in for those "extras" you don't see at first.

Hi cinderella,

We spent an extra $40k with PD and another $17.5k on laying our own carpet and floorboards after handover. (Carpet $5.5k, Timber Top Floorboards $11K. We had spent more initially but we had to chop things out from our extras list as it was going over budget.
Just out of curiosity..
Does anybody know what sort of good weather 'window' is needed to lay the slab?
At the end of last year we were told slab should happen this week, and they have done all the preparation by the look of it.. but it does say we will have showers most of the week so I wasn't sure if they just needed a few hours of dry weather or a day or a few days or what..
Wateman
Just out of curiosity..
At the end of last year we were told slab should happen this week, and they have done all the preparation by the look of it.. but it does say we will have showers most of the week so I wasn't sure if they just needed a few hours of dry weather or a day or a few days or what..

The week our slab went down Pakenham flooded LOL
I think they only need a few days
PCI........

Met up with SS this morning at 8am for PCI. All good, though with alot of stickers throughout, but this is to be expected. The only really big issue was the ensuite ceiling which was a out by 10mm or so, (thanks to the full length mirror which showed the cornice to be out of wack) so we decided to get this re-done because we couldn't stand walking in the ensuite everyday looking at it and thinking we should have fixed it when we had the chance. Good to know we are still on track for 24th Jan handover.
eli-kay123
PCI........

Met up with SS this morning at 8am for PCI. All good, though with alot of stickers throughout, but this is to be expected. The only really big issue was the ensuite ceiling which was a out by 10mm or so, (thanks to the full length mirror which showed the cornice to be out of wack) so we decided to get this re-done because we couldn't stand walking in the ensuite everyday looking at it and thinking we should have fixed it when we had the chance. Good to know we are still on track for 24th Jan handover.

Did you take your own stickers? we did..

SS was like 'oh I am out of stickers' wife was hold on.. whips them out of the bag..

Great to see your on track.. I have 3 sleeps left..
ive got my 3 month inspection coming up this week and i was wondering if anyone can offer tips for what to expect. Also what can or cant i list to get fixed?
excitednewhomeowner
ive got my 3 month inspection coming up this week and i was wondering if anyone can offer tips for what to expect. Also what can or cant i list to get fixed?

I would list EVERYTHING.. and negotiate back from there.
humble
eli-kay123
PCI........

Did you take your own stickers? we did..

SS was like 'oh I am out of stickers' wife was hold on.. whips them out of the bag..

Great to see your on track.. I have 3 sleeps left..

Nah didn't bring my own stickers. He actually ran out but he had another box. But he did say (jokingly) there is no back tracking once we've been thru each room.

SS was great about all our pick ups and he also picked up some things too. He even said if all is fixed early we could have handover before the 24th but we said just leave it as it is.

Floorboards booked in for laying on 30th Jan.
Carpet booked in for 3 Feb
PD Appliances will go in 3 Feb
Actual move in date is 4th Feb with the removalist booked in for that day, though hubby will move in on 24th Jan to keep an eye on the house (he will probably think, wow I will have some peace and quiet till the 4th of Feb - no nagging Mrs... lol)

Wow, 3 sleeps, I bet you can't wait to move in, Humble.
eli-kay123

Yes, but the list of evergrowing things that need doing, isnt getting any smaller.. we hired a 'dingo' for the weekend. $320.. to get the front and back levels sorted out, ready for the fences (mon) and driveway (thu) to get done.

Ill be starting on the deck monday. Once the soil levels are set, and getting 4m3 of roadbase delivered for both the decking and side of the house, which has to be compacted in, then the 1m3 of rocks, the 12 1m pavers my wife wants, and laying all that, then the bricking around the back of the property.

And somewhere in there, I need to start a deck.

Oh, did I say I had a 14 week old puppy to manage as well?

humble
eli-kay123

Yes, but the list of evergrowing things that need doing, isnt getting any smaller.. we hired a 'dingo' for the weekend. $320.. to get the front and back levels sorted out, ready for the fences (mon) and driveway (thu) to get done.

Ill be starting on the deck monday. Once the soil levels are set, and getting 4m3 of roadbase delivered for both the decking and side of the house, which has to be compacted in, then the 1m3 of rocks, the 12 1m pavers my wife wants, and laying all that, then the bricking around the back of the property.

I hear you Humble. We are going to have start doing the same and it's going to be costly. But we will focus on the frontyard first and do the backyard down the track. Was meant to have my 10% deposit from the sale of my home by now, but nothing has come thru. Solicitor said having issues with the bank and I still have to pay for the carpet and floorboards by the time it's laid and we are needing this money to pay for it all plus using it for the driveway.

Yes I saw you puppy. You had video footage of it a while back on this forum. Such a cutey.
eli-kay123
humble
eli-kay123

I hear you Humble. We are going to have start doing the same and it's going to be costly. But we will focus on the frontyard first and do the backyard down the track. Was meant to have my 10% deposit from the sale of my home by now, but nothing has come thru. Solicitor said having issues with the bank and I still have to pay for the carpet and floorboards by the time it's laid and we are needing this money to pay for it all plus using it for the driveway.

Yes I saw you puppy. You had video footage of it a while back on this forum. Such a cutey.

Not good on the bank... hate when that happens.. our front will be straight forward.. we have 6 months to get that done, just wanted the driveway complete to get the cars in, and save muddy prints.. the backyard is so we can also have some mud free dogs in everyonce and a while.. and I really want to get the trees established.
Yeah, maybe someone is holding onto it to earn some interest before we get it.

You're so lucky to have 6 months, we have only 3 months to get the front garden done as per our covenant. Yeah we may have to throw some crush rock till we get the driveway done so we don't get the muddy prints. Imagine the messy after a rainy day.

I loved your computer generated image of the front and back. You better post some pics during and once it's all done.
Wateman
Just out of curiosity..

Waterman,

They usually would like 2 days of dry weather, 1 the day prior and dry on the day of laying.
Perfect conditions for concrete curing is 23C and 90% humidity. The surface usually drys within 24 hours so it does not matter if it rains after. Then they should allow 3 days for it to dry enough to start framing.
Hi Humble,

We always welcome feedback so I really appreciate you letting me know. I understand that this would have been frustrating for you. I have sent your comments onto the PD office. Thanks, Ebony
Alpal
They usually would like 2 days of dry weather, 1 the day prior and dry on the day of laying.
Perfect conditions for concrete curing is 23C and 90% humidity. The surface usually drys within 24 hours so it does not matter if it rains after. Then they should allow 3 days for it to dry enough to start framing.

Thanks Alpal! That's good information to know!

And
Curse you Melbourne weather! It's summer! Lay off the rain for a little while - at least until we get the slab etc done!
eli-kay123
PCI........

Hi eli-kay123,

Well done, your PCI sounded like it went well and looks like everything is on track. The 4th of February isn’t too far away at all and I look forward to seeing some updated photos after the move. Good luck, Ebony
Team PD
eli-kay123
PCI........

Hi eli-kay123,

Well done, your PCI sounded like it went well and looks like everything is on track. The 4th of February isn’t too far away at all and I look forward to seeing some updated photos after the move. Good luck, Ebony

Will do, Ebony.
Wateman
Alpal

Thanks Alpal! That's good information to know!

And
Curse you Melbourne weather! It's summer! Lay off the rain for a little while - at least until we get the slab etc done!

There expecting warm dry weather next week in Melb so you should not be delayed too much... That being said its melb we are talking about...
like the saying.... Dont like Melb weather? just wait 5 mins....
Hey guys hope everyone’s build is going well, my custom made pantry and above fridge open shelf/wine rack was been installed. Also all of our feature lights have been installed. The house is starting to take shape and I reckon it looks really good. I’ll post up some pics on my blog soon.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum