Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 210 of 862
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Hubby and I are looking at building a Porter Davis home (we just have to sell our current house first!). We were at the quote stage in Dec, but still waiting on the sale of our house until we can sign a contract.
I must say I am really disappointed with the new "promotion" Porter Davis is offering. I think we would be better off trying to get them to honour the "Style Republic" offer in our quote rather than the new offer. It clearly was a better deal than what's on offer now!
Looking forward to catching up with everyone's builds and learning more.
cinderella_375
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Hubby and I are looking at building a Porter Davis home (we just have to sell our current house first!). We were at the quote stage in Dec, but still waiting on the sale of our house until we can sign a contract.
I must say I am really disappointed with the new "promotion" Porter Davis is offering. I think we would be better off trying to get them to honour the "Style Republic" offer in our quote rather than the new offer. It clearly was a better deal than what's on offer now!

Hi cinderella_375 - welcome to the forum!

Have you paid your $1000 to your sales consultant yet? If so, that locks in the promotion in your quote. If you haven't yet paid it, they may still honour it as it's in your quote, but they may want you put down the $1000 now, which given the difference in the promotions could well be worth it!

Good luck!
Rups
cinderella_375
Hi All,

Hi cinderella_375 - welcome to the forum!

Have you paid your $1000 to your sales consultant yet? If so, that locks in the promotion in your quote. If you haven't yet paid it, they may still honour it as it's in your quote, but they may want you put down the $1000 now, which given the difference in the promotions could well be worth it!

Good luck!

I agree with Rups,
If you have paid the 1K they have to honour your quote, if you just have a quote you might struggle for them to commit to that pricing now but I would still push them to see.
You have nothing to lose
We were notified that our bricks have been delivered to the site and because the plumbing roughing in wasnt done before break we have to wait until this gets done when the plumbers get back on the 11th.

Originally we were a couple of days ahead, but now our neighbours are ahead as the have roughing in. We think maybe there was a mistake with them having it done first as our bricks were to be early this week. Both PD homes and the same SS, which we now have a new SS so we will have to do a meet and greet again!!!! I wonder when we will find out when the house will approx. be finished???
kathryn+daryl
happy new year everyone.. Just been on porter davis website and Optima house range seems to have vanished off there website no mention of it anywhere..as were halfway through a drysdale build its a little concerning.Any information anyone?

Hi kathyn+daryl,

Thanks for your comment/question. You're right, there have been some recent changes to the Porter Davis home range.

We recently completed a thorough review of our designs, including comprehensive market research, which has lead us to simplify our brand portfolio.

Please be assured that there will be no impact to the build of your Drysdale or your contract, however, commencing immediately the Optima range will be integrated into the Lifestyle range.

This means the Porter Davis home range will now consist of the Prestige, Lifestyle and Access brands, which collectively offer over 100 beautiful designs.

If you've got any questions, please contact your Building Coordinator or you can log into 24seven for live progress updates on your build.

Hope this helps! Cheers, Ebony
Sammyjane31
We were notified that our bricks have been delivered to the site and because the plumbing roughing in wasnt done before break we have to wait until this gets done when the plumbers get back on the 11th.

Originally we were a couple of days ahead, but now our neighbours are ahead as the have roughing in. We think maybe there was a mistake with them having it done first as our bricks were to be early this week. Both PD homes and the same SS, which we now have a new SS so we will have to do a meet and greet again!!!! I wonder when we will find out when the house will approx. be finished???

don’t expect an indicative completion date until your tiles have been laid inside.
tstr1a
Sammyjane31

don’t expect an indicative completion date until your tiles have been laid inside.

even then.. I would say once tiles are done, its still 6 weeks minimum away.
humble
tstr1a
Sammyjane31

very true, plumbing fitt-off is the better indicator I think
Well I just logged onto the 24/7 site to find a new comment that once again we have had a change in our building coordinator....that brings the sum up to 5 so far, and we are only just finished the fixing stage..... I wonder what the record is for BC changes!

Monday morning is going to be fun!
humble
tstr1a
Sammyjane31

yep I agree our tiles are almost finished and we have a handover date for mid feb.
Thought I would try posting a few pictures. I've only been in 4 weeks so there is still a lot to do!

Gorgeous A & O! Your family room looks so warm & inviting, show us some more
please!
Please

Looks beautiful Belinda, you have done a great job filing the space.

How are you settling in?
Thankyou A&O I love photos
Love the chairs under the paintings in your living room, just gorgeous

You're more organised than I will be after 4 weeks
Thanks guys! Those chairs I bought in Bali for $80 each!! Bargain!!

Settling in very well. The cool breezes at night are fabulous
Thanks everyone! Just thought I would try my luck and ask but as you mentioned I will wait a little longer.
J & C
tstr1a
J & C
Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know what brand PD uses for refrigerated cooling. And the people that have started living in their home are you happy with the end product ?

We just cant make up our minds if we should opt for refrigerated cooling with PD or do it later after handover. When we contacted one of the refrigeration companies they informed us that it is not an issue when if the house we are building is a single storey. Only someone that has gone through this would know of hassles involved. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Cheers - J &C

check out my blog, ive done a on the refrigerated cooling I chose and how much it cost me.

Thanks Tstr1a and enjoy Christmas in your new home.

Hi

Just wanted to check if you are happy with the refrigerated cooling system.

How well did it handle the 40 degree a few days ago ?

Would you recommend Brivis refrigerated cooling...

Cheers - J & C
[quote="J & C"][quote="J & C"][quote="tstr1a"][quote="J & C"]Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know what brand PD uses for refrigerated cooling. And the people that have started living in their home are you happy with the end product ?

We just cant make up our minds if we should opt for refrigerated cooling with PD or do it later after handover. When we contacted one of the refrigeration companies they informed us that it is not an issue when if the house we are building is a single storey. Only someone that has gone through this would know of hassles involved. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Cheers - J &C[/quote

Best purchase ever, with in minutes the house is cool and its the most powerful and energy efficient system that brivis has to offer
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum