Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 208 of 862
JLD
building1
thebigbuild
Hey JLD. Thought you might like to know that our site is not secured at all. We know there are 2 young boys who have been playing there, opening our windows etc which are in.We were really surprised that there was no fencing at all!

Is it in your contract for temporary fencing??

Weird isn't it Bigbuild? One day it's all tied up and no one can get in but over the long break it's all open....I think the windows have been delivered and they've left it open rather than the framers. Building1's right, check they haven't charged you for temp fencing otherwise ask for the $ back.

Hey Humble, pretty close for you guys now. What did they say about the drainage??

Super close.. we finished packing today..

Office re-opens tomorrow.. I tried my SS already, ill call the office tomorrow.. I need to get the plumbers details for the gas company.
Hi All,

our 3 month inspection is coming up shortly and was wondering if anyone has got some tips etc on the things they fix or dont fix.
Quote:

Office re-opens tomorrow.. I tried my SS already, ill call the office tomorrow.. I need to get the plumbers details for the gas company.

Wow you guys are organised! I'm dreading the packing up again....it will be my 3rd move in 12 mths after not having moved house for 12 years prior. I used to be a bit of a nomad before we got married, I didn't miss the packing or unpacking but I do like the new adventure part of moving.

Hope you're able to get everything sorted today. Did the gas thing come up when you were organsing connection? It's been so long since our last build I can't remember who did what & when
JLD
Quote:

Wow you guys are organised! I'm dreading the packing up again....it will be my 3rd move in 12 mths after not having moved house for 12 years prior. I used to be a bit of a nomad before we got married, I didn't miss the packing or unpacking but I do like the new adventure part of moving.

Hope you're able to get everything sorted today. Did the gas thing come up when you were organsing connection? It's been so long since our last build I can't remember who did what & when

Check my thread for a update.. I have a backup BC and SS for the next 5 days..

PD run the pipe, compliance cert, and cap off the connection, you organise the metre install through supplier (eg: AGL) AGL need a compliance cert and plumbers details before they will run a metre, also need a list of appliances connected to the gas, and then its <5 days to install.
tamugrg
Congrats. Nice blog & post 'tstr1a'. It is very informational for someone like me who is building my first home. I just paid a deposit $1000 to build Marbella 42 PD home today. Am excited.

Hi tamugrg,

Welcome to the forum & congratulations on your decision to build the Marbella 35! This is a great forum for asking questions and getting some honest feedback and advice, especially from other builders like tstr1a. We also have a really informative blog too, http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/ which cover all sorts of helpful topics. I look forward to hearing of your progress. Let me know if you have any questions in the future. Cheers, Ebony
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on the cost to include plumbing for water at the fridge point? Cheers!
thebigbuild
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on the cost to include plumbing for water at the fridge point? Cheers!

It's been a while since i reviewed the option - but i recall it being anywhere from $150 to $250. We didn't go with it as we dont even have a fridge yet and figured we can do it later.
Sammyjane31
thebigbuild

It's been a while since i reviewed the option - but i recall it being anywhere from $150 to $250. We didn't go with it as we dont even have a fridge yet and figured we can do it later.

After now looking at fridges, I wish I had, plumbing one in now, is going to be a PITA
same here humble, just got the word that we cant do the plumbing so now trying to see if there is anythign we can do after handover. silly us.
thebigbuild
same here humble, just got the word that we cant do the plumbing so now trying to see if there is anythign we can do after handover. silly us.

Considering ALL the fridges now require a plubed water connection, its not good.
happy new year everyone.. Just been on porter davis website and Optima house range seems to have vanished off there website no mention of it anywhere..as were halfway through a drysdale build its a little concerning.Any information anyone?
kathryn+daryl
happy new year everyone.. Just been on porter davis website and Optima house range seems to have vanished off there website no mention of it anywhere..as were halfway through a drysdale build its a little concerning.Any information anyone?

Looks like they've folded all the Optima houses into Lifestyle. eAccess (part of Smart Living) has also gone and a bunch of old floor plans have disappeared.

A bit of a clean out by PD by the looks...

Wouldn't worry about being mid-build
thebigbuild

We were charged $141 for a capped water point for the fridge...if this is what you are looking for.
Hi,

I am new to the forum & building in general as well. Porter Davis is one of the builders that I am considering to build a double-storey house in williams landing. With your experiencing in building with porter davis, is the price that PD quotes is negotiable or also can we fit in anything extra in the price that they have quoted or is it just, this is the quote for the list of base/upgrades & either take it or leave it.

Thanks.
Hi tamugrg,

General rule - the price is the price. They don't negotiate.

If you take items out of a promotion offer you won't get the true value credited, just a token amount.

Any example of where you could negotiate: Our house included flyscreens to all openable aluminium windows, however the majority of our windows are timber. But we upgraded the aluminium window in our rumpus room to a double aluminium slider so we asked for flyscreens on there instead. They charged us half price. Not much, but worth asking.
Looks like PD has dropped the prices of their houses and as a result have cut down the promotion drastically for Prestige.
Looks like they have also changed some suppliers. Will they fulfill what we have in our contract and get the fixtures from the suppliers mentioned in our contract.
tamugrg
Hi,

I am new to the forum & building in general as well. Porter Davis is one of the builders that I am considering to build a double-storey house in williams landing. With your experiencing in building with porter davis, is the price that PD quotes is negotiable or also can we fit in anything extra in the price that they have quoted or is it just, this is the quote for the list of base/upgrades & either take it or leave it.

Thanks.

Thats the price, however the negotiation comes when you get stuff for free. Or in out case $0 site costs.. Which saved us over 20k in the end.
We used our card today from the PD rewards program and headed to Pl@ntmark, very worthwhile.
Got a couple of good sized frangipani's for around the pool and also a couple of hibiscus', about half the cost of other places I have seen them...

If you're up to your landscaping it's definately worth a look.
J & C
Looks like PD has dropped the prices of their houses and as a result have cut down the promotion drastically for Prestige.
Looks like they have also changed some suppliers. Will they fulfill what we have in our contract and get the fixtures from the suppliers mentioned in our contract.

There price has gone up 10k. well it has for my house. And the 'package' is very very very similar to the one we got.
Thanks Rups & humble.

Humble, at what stage did u try to negotiate - quoting or tendering. My sales co-ordinator has told me PD does not do any extra offer apart from whatever is on the open. I am also negotiating with Simonds & Boutique. Worst case scenario if Simonds or Boutique provide me a better offer than PD, i might forfeight the $1000 deposit i have paid & go with Simonds or Boutique. Let's see.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum