Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 207 of 862
Oh by the way...

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and happy new year..
Merry Xmas for all the forum & their family & friends.
Much happier at present as we have started our build & PD have made great progress these past 2 weeks.
Have put up some photos on our blog but hanging out to see updated pictures from fellow forum(ers) such as tels1ra & Alpal & Rups & Humble & JLD as there build progress or to show the finished product.
Mews
http://waldorf48wonga.blogspot.com/
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all our PD forum buddies. We wish you every happiness and a wonderful 2012 in fantastic houses !!

xxoo
Hey guys just chilling in our new home. The quality is superb, my new pantry was meant to b installed today but the guy must have forgotten lol no fuss it's Christmas and it can wait a week.

I'll do an update on my blog soon

I will d
tstr1a
Hey guys just chilling in our new home. The quality is superb, my new pantry was meant to b installed today but the guy must have forgotten lol no fuss it's Christmas and it can wait a week.

I'll do an update on my blog soon

I will d

Congrats and Great news T1..
Look forward to seeing your blog update
Merry Christmas PD build buddies ;P Happy New Year ahead..
I have a drainage problem! PD are going to love the phone call I give them on Wednesday.. we were about a inch away from the house completely flooding yesterday.
Merry Christmas all! Hope Santa found you and you're enjoying the build break.

Congrats Tstr1a on your first Christmas in your new house, I can't wait to see your photos! Dying to know who your SS was....any chance it starts with A?

Mews, your house looks like it's going to take off when they recommence.....it will fly by I'm sure.

humble
I have a drainage problem! PD are going to love the phone call I give them on Wednesday.. we were about a inch away from the house completely flooding yesterday.

Thank God you haven't had handover!! Is your SS on leave over Christmas?
JLD

Congrats Tstr1a on your first Christmas in your new house, I can't wait to see your photos! Dying to know who your SS was....any chance it starts with A?

Mews, your house looks like it's going to take off when they recommence.....it will fly by I'm sure.

humble

SS is away till the 4th. So Yer a few days, but I will be calling him tomorrow. I worry for my neighbors, water has got in under their slab.

The father in law and myself did some shoveling of mud/clay to make sure if it rains again (planned too tomorrow!) we dont have it any worse.. Its the lack of drainage between the too properties, with the water only being able to get out through the two garages (150mm wide) it was like a river, but because there is bricks, and stuff stuck between it pools up.

[quote="JLD"
[/quote]
His SS was the same one as we had, and his name doesn't start with an A
humble
JLD

humble

SS is away till the 4th. So Yer a few days, but I will be calling him tomorrow. I worry for my neighbors, water has got in under their slab.

The father in law and myself did some shoveling of mud/clay to make sure if it rains again (planned too tomorrow!) we dont have it any worse.. Its the lack of drainage between the too properties, with the water only being able to get out through the two garages (150mm wide) it was like a river, but because there is bricks, and stuff stuck between it pools up.

That sounds like a disaster! Lucky you went to check...fingers crossed not too much rain between now and when they come back.

building1
[quote="JLD"

His SS was the same one as we had, and his name doesn't start with an A[/quote]

Thanks building1! Always curious to know which are the good ones. Mine's been great so far
Our windows went in last week. They look so good.

Here is our bedroom window (looking out)

Our living room and dining room fixed 1800x1800 windows (looking in).

Our gutters and fascia also went up.

More pics on our blog.
Took some relos to see where we r building today and noticed lots of pegs around the block, some with writing like "GAR" and "MB" I'm guessing this is prep for the scrape?
Dunno when they did this as I was there Friday and it wasnt there!

There is also lots of metal/wire that I'm sure is scrap left from the build next door. Will we have to move this or will PD do it? All the houses around us are PD houses already.
SS name starts with L. Truely the best SS at PD. Even the receptionist at PDs office told me told me he was the best LOL . I had a problem with the water main on Wednesday I called him and he was away camping and instantly called the plumber and sorted out the problem.
Rups & Leanne, your windows look great and it sounds like your bricks won't be too delayed which is a fantastic result.

Thanks for that Tstr1a
He sounds fabulous. Any pics yet???

Well we came home from our days away to no Roof trusses which didn't surprise me at all but they have scaffolded the front, can only assume it's something to do with the balcony. They did leave the ladders locked in place and the window delivery has left the fence all open so up we went....view is fantastic
Not uninterupted but we obviously knew that before we built or we would have paid a lot more for the block. No camera with me so no photos yet. A bit concerned for PD that the site has been left unsecured with the windows all delivered in the front yard but there's no one really to tell and I can't shut the gate without it potentially falling on the windows so will just let it be.

We're enjoying the holidays but I'm very excited for the building year to commence....I can't wait to see how it will look.
Congrats. Nice blog & post 'tstr1a'. It is very informational for someone like me who is building my first home. I just paid a deposit $1000 to build Marbella 42 PD home today. Am excited.
Hey JLD. Thought you might like to know that our site is not secured at all. We know there are 2 young boys who have been playing there, opening our windows etc which are in.We were really surprised that there was no fencing at all!
thebigbuild
Hey JLD. Thought you might like to know that our site is not secured at all. We know there are 2 young boys who have been playing there, opening our windows etc which are in.We were really surprised that there was no fencing at all!

Is it in your contract for temporary fencing??
thebigbuild

I would be on to that..

We didnt have fencing between our neighbors either side, but thats because they are both PD homes as well.. So it made little sense.

Need to get hold of the SS or PD tomorrow.. Gas metre cant be installed, until I get the certificate of compliance from the plumber!
building1
thebigbuild

Is it in your contract for temporary fencing??

Weird isn't it Bigbuild? One day it's all tied up and no one can get in but over the long break it's all open....I think the windows have been delivered and they've left it open rather than the framers. Building1's right, check they haven't charged you for temp fencing otherwise ask for the $ back.

Hey Humble, pretty close for you guys now. What did they say about the drainage??
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum