Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 184 of 862
Hey Rups & CattyCat, congrats on your starts!

We won't be too far behind you, final drawings due to be signed this week. Bigbuild you can't be too far away either? Looks like we'll have a few in a race to finish....although different houses mean different finish times

We go away this weekend for two weeks so we hope when we come back we'll see some movement
Well they are saying 18 november or 25!! We wanted an october start so these dates have ** me off.. ;P feel everything requires so much fluffing around and time wasting with admin and then you know you Just have this feeling that they have the money and the power in this transaction! Irritating! We are just waiting on our permits, news as soon as we have some. I am really looking forward to us all moving forward together
haha iPhone changed the word together to torture, hopes that's no omen!!
JLD,

Count me in the race - we start on Thursday this week
Holding my breath though.. will believe it when I see it

I like bigbuild was hoping for a start in Oct but had delays (by PD) of 3 weeks.
Just wanted started now...
We are starting in December, but our house is smaller than all yours, so may be finished around the same time as all of you!
I'm sure it can only be a bonus having so many starting at similar times, just to compare etc
Rups
OMG !!!!

We have a TAP !!!!! Its all starting now !!!

Construction drawings meeting on Friday, expect a building permit this week too.

Hi Rups,

Congrats on your tap, I love your enthusiasm - it is progress and it is all starting now, and within a few months there will be a house. Cant wait to see your updates. Cheers, Ebony
Well it is now 7 days since anything happened at my place.

Hope PD and my SS realise that if they fall 4 days short of XMAS, its gonna be on like donkey kong. They havent done anything since the friday before cup day.

Grr..
Hi HomeOne!

I’ve got some great news, we’ve got another Coco Republic Sale!

More furniture will be available for purchase including accessories, lamps and artwork, along with furniture items. With three homes on display, including the double storey Brookvale, you will be sure to find something beautiful for your home.

Enjoy complimentary barista made coffee as members from the Coco Republic team give you great tips, plenty of inspiration and help you find that perfect piece for your home at special prices from our Porter Davis Prestige display centre at Sierra Prestige in Cranbourne North.

Ensure you bring your trailer as purchases can be taken away on the day. Alternatively, you can arrange delivery with Coco Republic for a fee.

When: Saturday 19 November 2011

Time: 9am-12pm

Where: Sierra - Prestige display centre, Nature Circuit, Cranbourne North - Melway Ref: 130 C9

RSVP today to ivana.horvat@porterdavis.com.au

Look out for more Coco Republic sales coming soon!
humble

Hope PD and my SS realise that if they fall 4 days short of XMAS, its gonna be on like donkey kong. They havent done anything since the friday before cup day.

Grr..

Same here humble. Our place hasn't been touched for about a week or so. It looks like they have been patching up things here and there as there have been notes on some of the walls eg. "FLOAT" which seems to mean there is a gap between the skirting board and wall and have noticed some have been filled. Painting is scheduled to start on Monday 14th. We are not pushing for xmas finish. We have told our supervisor not to rush to finish by xmas as we want handover as originally planned in Feb 2012 due to the fact, I have just put my house on the market, so hopefully we will sell in time to move in Feb. Want to avoid paying two mortgages.
eli-kay123
humble

Grr..

Same here humble. Our place hasn't been touched for about a week or so. It looks like they have been patching up things here and there as there have been notes on some of the walls eg. "FLOAT" which seems to mean there is a gap between the skirting board and wall and have noticed some have been filled. Painting is scheduled to start on Monday 14th. We are not pushing for xmas finish. We have told our supervisor not to rush to finish by xmas as we want handover as originally planned in Feb 2012 due to the fact, I have just put my house on the market, so hopefully we will sell in time to move in Feb. Want to avoid paying two mortgages.

Well we are effectively paying two.. one is rent, the other is interest

funny story, my bc sent me a email letting me know that the painters started, I replied saying they hadnt, then the email I got back was gold. You just had to laugh.

If only I could post it here..
We have noticed on the garage door leading into the house and the laundry door leading outside have the door handles back to front. Supervisor has just only noticed this when we brought it to his attention and he was so appologetic and would get it rectified.

Also the PD inspector came through and has told our SS that one of the front windows doesn't look right and they are to knock a section of the bricks down and re-do the brickwork and possibly move the window. BIG JOB. I don't know the full exact details but it's got to be re-done as it's out be some mm. The SS has been very accommodating and will do as the inspector has said to get it all correct.

All is good and we are happy with PD's progress to date.
humble

Grr..

I've had 4 weeks waiting for bricks with almost nothing being able to be done on my build. Nothing done Melbourne cup week either. Lucky its still early in my build so the interest is not so high.

Missing out by 4 days and having to pay another month of rent + almost full interest because of the chrissy break would be pretty hard to take. Hopefully they get it sorted out and wrap it up before the break which would seem to be in their best interest anyway.
Hi all

Long time reader, first time poster so thanks for all your advice everyone!

Reading recent forum posts, it's great to hear everyone's different experiences with PD. I was just hoping if anyone could offer some advice as to what do I do now. I am incredibly frustrated and so stressed out with the whole process.

How long does it usually take from the time that the package is purchased until construction commencement? I purchased a house and land package with Porter Davis in January this year and a construction commencement date has not been set to date. I understand that there have been issues with obtaining permits, amending the title etc. although the contract and selections stage took much longer than anticipated due to their incompetence. It took them months to finalise the plans and even to get the most simple details correct, such as my name, phone number and address.

It has been 4 weeks since I have heard anything from anyone (despite constant phone calls and emails and no response). I was only after an update of how things are going and whether a construction commencement date has been set. I finally spoke with a manager yesterday and she was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Not being able to rely on either my BC or manager, I have lost complete faith. Who do I speak to for an update? How do I get things moving? How do I get in contact with anyone when they do not return phone calls or emails?

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Didi
Hi didi 3,

I would get a hold of Ebony from Team PD on this forum (Private Message her). She has been very helpful to people like yourself and will able to get someone to answer your question. I know it's stressful & alot of us on this forum have been through similar situations but don't let it get to you. Eventually, everything will work out. We didn't build a house and land package as we had land already so I don't know the procedure with the H&L package.
Hi didi 3

What house are you building and where?
If it was a house and land package I thought they would have told you a start date to begin with. We were told ours before we had signed or paid anything. Has your land titled an is your finance all approved? Those are the only things I would think might slow things down?
Zinner
humble

Grr..

I've had 4 weeks waiting for bricks with almost nothing being able to be done on my build. Nothing done Melbourne cup week either. Lucky its still early in my build so the interest is not so high.

Missing out by 4 days and having to pay another month of rent + almost full interest because of the chrissy break would be pretty hard to take. Hopefully they get it sorted out and wrap it up before the break which would seem to be in their best interest anyway.

Its got worse now.. my current landlord wants to move into the house, we were issued with a notice to Vacate 8th Jan.

Grr.
Hey humble,

Are you on a lease? If the lease isn't up they can't do that. http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/ca256902000fe154/lookup/cav_forms_residential_tenancy/$file/noticetovacatert.pdf

We are renting too and our rental just went on the market. The joy of open for inspections. Lease ends in March, our build probably not ready until June/July. So we are in limbo for a while, if the house is sold to an owner occupier
No we are out of lease now, and month to month. Its a pain in the ***. Firstly I have to go to PD and workout what the true dates are now, and then back to the landlord and ask for a stretch.

Quite pi$$ed off yesterday, if they hadnt stuffed around onsite for 2 weeks, xmas could have been a reality.

Grr
I may complain about living with the inlaws while I build from time to time but at least we can't be evicted, served notice or have open for inspections
I hope it works out for the both of you!

Now about this race... I believe I might be winning :p Along with my taps I have now had our site start, pipes laid and the beginnings of our form work done
My SS thinks we should have the roof on by Christmas, weather permitting of course
LOL cat....yes you are winning...Alpal's block has just been scraped so he/she is on your tail.

We have our construction drawings appointment at 2pm today. Hopefully our permits are in so we can catch up to you (and overtake
) .

PS - As my nephew says, "Its not a race".
Thanks Wateman and eli-kay.

I'm building in Point Cook. Land was titled in June this year and finance was approved months ago. Prior to signing the contract, I was advised that construction would commence prior to the end of October at the latest (they said most likely it would start in September). I understand there has been a delay with an amendment to the title although my issue is that the whole process has taken so long up until now and it has been impossible trying to get hold of anyone for answers. If the contract and selection stage was not held up due to their incompetence, construction would have already commenced.

Hopefully Ebony can help.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum