Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 160 of 862
humble
..this forum is one of the only key area's where you will get ballpark prices and how things work with any sense of security. Without this place I would not have been able to budget at all for the house build, the whole process prior to contract needs a overhaul. Its not conducive to efficiency.

+1 to this. I think I would have gone insane if it wasn't for this forum!

I noticed in the electrical appt they were able to keep a running tally of what we spent, so obviously they have a price listing for everything already, why can't we have copies of these, even with the usual 'prices are subject to change without notice' legal stuff at the bottom, at least we would have a rough idea. We all know upgrades and changes aren't cheap so I don't thinking hiding these prices has any benefit to it.. It would at least stop people like me constantly chasing prices for things, and maybe allow the BC's to have more time to get things right on the build
All,

I have asked my BC for the available electrical packages and indicative pricing. If these are provided I will share with all...

Saves everyone time if they have the information before they walk into the appointment
What sort of electrical packages are u asking about?
Wateman
What sort of electrical packages are u asking about?

All Options available through Argus
My BC has come through on everything I have asked so Im hoping this is no exception
humble
J & C
JLD
Hi All,

Just trying to figure out all my appointments, how long did your appt take with National Tiles? We're trying to squeeze that in before colour and electrical and just not sure how long to allow

Thanks

If you have visited national tiles before and have finalised the tiles, you should be out of NT (like humble said) in 10 mins. Its the colours and electrical appointments that are exhaustive. Is not even the colours appointment as most people have in mind the colour theme they want for their house. From our experience it the electrical appointment can be really draining as we found out on that day.

Electrical sux.. only because you do not get told prices before hand, and well the person I had was horrid, and was misinformed (as was her supervisor)

We totally agree with humble...our electrical consultant was no good either nor was the supervisor...we are still trying to correct the errors they made, signed our contract 2 months and waiting on our PCV.

for example why would anyone have two pay TV points in a single location that is the normal Pay TV point and a HD Pay TV point (Charged for two points)...we are still waiting on answers.

My only suggestion is get everything crystal clear from both the electrical and colour consulatants...
Re: the talk about tile appts.. we have been to The Tile People on the weekend (Hoppers, where the 'Mango' consultant is located) however they flat said that they could not help us. Luckily I had the printed copy of the info on standard Optima choices that I had obtained myself by contacting Mango.. after 3 phone calls to get my messages responded to. We were able to take some samples which was great, but dont really 'understand' our choices/ have lots of questions so there was not much point in taking those.
JLD
Thanks everyone, I'll definitely have decided before hand so it shouldn't take too long.

Now just have to convince Hopetoun that we can fit it all in on one day

JLD,
We did all of our appointments in the one day for a Waldorf and as mentioned by others try & do as much research as possible and draft your electical map out beforehand. We also had 3 good & helpful consultants on the day at Hopetoun, electricals & national tiles.
Hopetoun morning, started electricals around 12:30 and my wife drove down to national tiles at 13:45 while I finished off electricals & then walked down to national tiles around 10 minutes walk.
Indicative pricing was the biggest bugbear at electricals & national tiles were as expected at contract but lots variations for Hopetoun espicially bricks & upgrade to timber look garage door from simplicity package (includes remote sectional panel life garage door).
Love to know with certainity what is the exact upgrade price as it tends to be different to whover you speak in the process & highest price seems to be at contract?

We also ran a spreadsheet putting in all of estimates of wht we had being told so we had a running total of our spend to compare to at contract signing.

Rob
Team PD
Alpal
Hi All,

Has anyone recently gone through their colour selection?
We were give the colour variation pack at depoist and after viewing the bricks (boral) we dont like any of these.
I have seen in blogs people using austral bricks - are these still available?

Appreciate anyones advice

Much appreciated

Hi Alpal,
Welcome to the forum! I see that you’ve had some great feedback regarding your question about Boral bricks, have you spoken to your Building Coordinator about this, they would be best person to give you an answer. Please keep us in the loop. Cheers, Ebony

Hi All

Just had appt. today with SC in which I had a Boral Brick written in contract on my "Prestige" home. Hope I'm not been stooged???
nutta
Team PD
Alpal
Hi All,

We were give the colour variation pack at depoist and after viewing the bricks (boral) we dont like any of these.

Much appreciated

Hi Alpal,
Welcome to the forum! I see that you’ve had some great feedback regarding your question about Boral bricks, have you spoken to your Building Coordinator about this, they would be best person to give you an answer. Please keep us in the loop. Cheers, Ebony

Hi All

Just had appt. today with SC in which I had a Boral Brick written in contract on my "Prestige" home. Hope I'm not been stooged???

Prestige are Austral only I thought.
So did I but if it's in my contract??????
They'll probably just wait till after colour selections then tell me it's $20K to upgrade.
All,

Some of the Electrical packages available for Argus with pricing:

5.1 HOME THEATRE & AUDIO CABLING PACK: $634.00
Pre-wire only for future speakers. Includes:
5 x pre-wired speaker cable points; subwoofer cable & gpo
2 x Outdoor speaker cable points;
2 x Indoor speaker cable points.
(position to be nominated) run back to nominated location for connection to clients own music system (by others after handover)

COLOUR VIDEO INTERCOM - DORANI $1,304.00
Dorani 7" Internal Colour Video Intercom Monitor with front door Vandal Proof colour camera and chime

INTERCOM PRE-WIRE $396.00
Pre Cabling on for future Intercom system, including cabling to front door camera locations, and up to 2 x internal monitor locations. **Pack does not include installation of client's own intercom system.**

STARSERVE FOUR-PACK $2,298.12
Distribute data, phone, TV, and Cable TV from one central location to multiple locations around the home. Includes 4 TV points, 8 phone/data points, 1 Cable TV point, Starserve distribution Slimline Enclosure and single power point

Solar Power Pre-Wire - Cable To Roof Only $290.40
Prepare for the future by pre wiring your home for Solar Power. Pack includes cabling for solar power from Garage into roof space (first floor roof space for double storey homes)

ADVANCED SECURITY 12 $1,292.00
Hills Reliance 12, 12 zone security system with 4 PIR pet-friendly motion sensors, LCD keypad, alarm panel, tamper switch, battery pack, siren, strobe and dialler **Upgradable to accommodate additional PIR sensors (maximum 12 sensors in total).

DUCTED VACUUM - 4 POINTS $1,687.00
Electron EVS 2808 system comprising vacuum unit in garage with 4 internal vacuum points. 9 metre hose, sock for hose, muffler, wand and cleaning tool set.
nutta
Team PD
Alpal
Hi All,

Much appreciated

Hi Alpal,

Hi All

Hi nutta,
Firstly welcome to the forum! Are you finding it useful? I’m just checking to see if you’ve got an answer to your question about Boral bricks? Have you had a chance to check this with your SC, they will be able to let you know straight away. I’m also here to help as well, so please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with. Cheers, Ebony
Must say, PD's invoice process if fairly efficient..
Hi all,
Spoke to SC again in regards to Boral on a prestige home and was told all good it's in your contract so your covered
nutta
Hi all,
Spoke to SC again in regards to Boral on a prestige home and was told all good it's in your contract so your covered

Did you pick a Boral Brick or a Austral? I am confused.. we were only offered Austral Bricks, we couldnt get access to the Boral Range. (Prestige)

Posted more pics in my thread.. but here is the front of our Kallara.. Canterbury Facade..

Has anyone upgraded their Pay TV point to HD Pay TV point and as a result been charged for 2 Pay TV points.
Hi
Sorry should have been more specific. We had picked our house and put down $1000. We then went to hopetoun to have a preliminary look around and were told what everyone is told that we had to go austral. Went to austral and weren't really impressed with anything that would match our colour scheme. Went to boral and found the Black Heath which worked really well. Went to SC and said that unless we could have that brick and no exceptions, we would be building with someone else. He spoke to his manager and it was Ok'd and put in writing.
J & C
Has anyone upgraded their Pay TV point to HD Pay TV point and as a result been charged for 2 Pay TV points.

Hi J&C,

I can understand the need for 2 points. 1 is coax which is for the foxtel and the other is a phone point for the pay TV option. My recommendation is not to get the second connection as its not often you will use Pay TV (unless you have the top plan) if never at all and you can always book the pay TV through the internet or phone.

Can always wait until you get the foxtel and make it t3lstras problem (they usually chuck in free installation anyway..)

thats my 2 cents anyway...
Finally got all our appointments sorted so we have Tiles, Hopetoun & electricals all on same day.

The girls I've dealt with have been really nice and tried to help us sort it all out which is great. Only complaint was the 2 ph calls and 4 days to call me back from Hopetoun but apparently my consultant was away.

Now let's see if we can cull some of these upgrades!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum