our PCI was supposed to be the 23rd of June with handover on the 28th, as the SS was being pushed to complete by EOFY. We had our NHI independent inspection and then PCI, there were 30 items on the inspection, which were reasonably picky (which is good). PCI we listed a lot of paint defects but not too much else, 15 items in total. Scheduled for Final inspection and settleent on Friday.
All I need is the Cert of Occupancy so I can get my loan finalised so that I can pay PD
Then the fun begins, as we are installing flooring after handover.
Good to hear that you didn’t have heaps of defects & specially the major onces.
In my case there were some major defects such as:
- Removing the carpet in an area on the first floor due to the sound it produced when walking on that area. The floor board has to remove & fix this area.
- Powder room & Master Ensuite the caesarstone bench tops has to be replaced as the cuts for the basins are wider.
- Had to replace few windows & the bi-fold door glasses due to scratching
- Have to replace a plaster board in the walking robe as there is a big hole
- Problems with the tiling – Majorly when placing the Mosaics in the wash rooms – This had to redo.
Did you get a chance to walk into the house to verify the defects after the PCI? or will it be on the day of settlement.
Hope you are soo excited as the handover will be on Friday... I have been advised by the CSC that the Certificate of Occupancy will be forwarded to me 2 weeks back, still she is silent on it.
Good Luck & keep us posted....