Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 121 of 862
joles
I will hunt up a pic and PM you. I don't think my colours will be much help.... we have really strict estate covenants of "Tuscan colours" so we had to have a red/maroon or orange roof
and lightish bricks. We have Lonsdale bricks and the lighter orange/red roof tiles and Self-Destruct render which turned out really yellow. If we were in a different estate our colours would have been quite different I think.

I do have some pics somewhere of a few other houses with the Daintree facade I found on my travels... one with really dark bricks and no render. I'll PM you those as well.

I hate the word covenant but ours weren't too bad. Our covenants were to have 9 ft ceilings (done), green colourbond fencing), I think they call the colour Willow (1 fence up 3 to go), something about clothes lines not to be in view of the front street (we will have at least a 17m backyard, so I don't think that will be a prob) and the front yard needs to be landscaped within 3 months after the house is finished (We will try if we have money left over to do it in that time.)

That will be great if you can do that Joles. At least it will give us ideas of the do's
and dont's
Chorlton
karmaz
I *think* ours has been stained. Not sure if they were lacquered. Might be a question for your CSC. Ours looks good, but one is starting to be a bit sticky. One thing to think of is flyscreens for these doors, we completely forgot about that - you may still be able to edge them in if you want. Am told its easier during the build than to retro fit them.

I didn't think conventional flyscreens could be used with these Bi-fold doors so didn't even bother asking PD if they could be supplied! If I thought they could I would have paid extra for them

I've seen specific brands of bi-folds which have an integral fly screen built into the frame and assumed that was the only option.

FAO Building01 : We also have Bi-folds but they have not been stained yet. Happy to report back once they have thou...

An integrated flyscreen system for bi-fold doors was actually an option we could have chosen at Studio M (altough in the end an unwanted tile upgrade meant that we had to settle for stackers instead of bi-folds), so it definitely can be done.
joles
I will hunt up a pic and PM you. I don't think my colours will be much help.... we have really strict estate covenants of "Tuscan colours" so we had to have a red/maroon or orange roof
and lightish bricks. We have Lonsdale bricks and the lighter orange/red roof tiles and Self-Destruct render which turned out really yellow. If we were in a different estate our colours would have been quite different I think.

I do have some pics somewhere of a few other houses with the Daintree facade I found on my travels... one with really dark bricks and no render. I'll PM you those as well.

Here are mock up ones I've done. Again it doesn't look 100% (it's actually laughable) as the bricks look a bit distorted but just to get an idea in the brown bricks. It's not buckwheat colour but similar. I've done 3 versions. We will at this stage have timber stained windows to match our front door being timber framed with the 10 light glass. Personally I think the Richmond bricks would look better but it's hard to tell in this format.

Render on 6 columns

No render

Render on 4 colums

Bear in mind this is our brick colour at the moment.
http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y349/eli-kay/130.jpg
Here is another one I mocked up in a two toned render. I actually like this the most!!!! Waiting to hear back on cost of full front render.

Couldn't resist, did another with dark render on garage.

I know it says no render, but I like the one with the little bands on the top and bottom of the pillars. I thought they were rendered bands!

I also like the full render one! I'm no use, I just really love that facade no matter how it's done. Love the windows!

Is that buckwheat?

WE got good news, Hawksburn can be selected, and they are cat6!

success!
humble
Is that buckwheat?

WE got good news, Hawksburn can be selected, and they are cat6!

success!

Great news Humble. Will you also be using the 50mm for the facade and 76mm for the rest. What are you plans for the facade.

Those bricks posted by Twiggy are definitely not Buckwheat.
Still no word on what bricks will be replacing the discontinued Austral lines? On our visits to Hopetoun we liked Latrobe which was Cat3 but isn't available anymore, what category is Buckwheat?
joles
I know it says no render, but I like the one with the little bands on the top and bottom of the pillars. I thought they were rendered bands!

I also like the full render one! I'm no use, I just really love that facade no matter how it's done. Love the windows!

Hi Joles,

Those bands you are talking about are called mouldings. PD gave me a brochure with a website, phone no and address, but googling tonight they don't seem to exist anymore. I will have to find out who they deal with if this mob is closed (Australian Building Innovations in Dandenong Sth). If you are interested just google exterior mouldings and you should find something. I am told they are easy to put up yourself.

Exterior mouldings can be made from a range of materials including PVC, foam core material with reinforced mesh and polymer cement surface, polyurethane, fibreglass, and Glass fibre Reinforced Concrete (GFRC). Timber can also be used but it must be well protected in order to prevent rotting, warping, splitting or termites. Exterior decorative mouldings can be pre-finished or you can easily paint or stain them to match your exterior decor. The mouldings can be used with any home material including wood, render, brick, cement, fibre cement sheeting, weatherboards, and so on.

Joles can you tell me how much it cost to do your render on the Daintree.

Regards,
eli-kay
peterkip
Still no word on what bricks will be replacing the discontinued Austral lines? On our visits to Hopetoun we liked Latrobe which was Cat3 but isn't available anymore, what category is Buckwheat?

Cat 3.
eli-kay123
peterkip

Cat 3.

peterkip, Go to Hopetoun this weekend if you can. Most of them if not all should be up on their boards by now. We viewed a few of them last weekend. I have the current brick list dated 8 June 2011.

Cat 3 bricks are Settlers Lonsdale, Homestead Mushroom, Homstead Tan, Urban One Chocolate, Harvest Linseed, Harvest Cotton and Harvest Buckwheat all come in 76mm bricks only.

If you need to know any of the other category's let me know and I will list them for you and anyone else who wants to know.
Thanks eli

We plan on making one more visit to Hopetoun before our colour and electrical appointments
I forgot I had a scanner
, I have scanned all the bricks that are now available. Don't take to much notice of the pictures of the bricks they are quite different than seeing them in real life as these are only computer generated images. Also note Cat 6 bricks are "TBA" on this list. The cat 6 bricks are the Melbourne Series, Auburn, Greythorn, Como and Hawksburn - there could be more cat 6 bricks to come as I was told they were concocting are redish colour brick in the Melbourne Series.

Brick Categories for PD Prestige (Austral Bricks)

Hope this helps all.....
Our render was part of the promo so it didn't cost us anything.
Here are the 4 cat 6 bricks.... Melbourne Series: Auburn, Greythorn, Como, Hawksburn

joles
Our render was part of the promo so it didn't cost us anything.

DUH to me!!!
Oh that's right we'd be the same. We'd just have to pay the remainder if we decide to do the rest. Hopefully it's not too expensive.
Didnt render our facade at all, read on one of the blogs that it cost $3k for just the balcony/porch area. Thought we'd spend that elsewhere.
Eli, that info on mouldings is interesting - would love to put some more up around the house, only the front was done with the Ashmont facade. I wonder if I can coax DH to do that. Hmmmm....
Just blogged some more.
Prices we have so far for anyone interested to get an idea on what they are up for on certain items

Building Ivanhoe 36.

For PD to provide M class waffle slab for rear alfresco $2865
PD to provide M class waffle slab for portico $449
Bushfire Assesment Level Report $250
Temp fencing front, rear, and left hand side $1490
Added powder room with Porcher Heron basin and Posh Bristol Basin Tapware and 1400mm wide shadowline vanity unit + Cat 1 tiling $1387, (we upgraded tiles after this)
Added 9ft (2740mm) high ceilings in lieu of 2590mm $3718
Closed the Games room up to form a 5th bedroom with double built in robe $1355
Added linen/broom cupboard in laundry by relocating WIR/Laundry wall by 300mm $550
2100mmx2990mm wide stained timber 3 stacker sliding door to alfresco $3683
21 x 2040mm high corinthian atherton 4 panel doors in lieu of standard flush panel $1617
1x 2040mm high x 820 wide stained corinthian WIN 40 with clear bevelled glass to study $741
1x Lockwood Nexion Velocity Summit L1 Mechanical Lockset to Front Entry in lieu of standard $167
2x lockwood Paradigm 005 round deadbolt for laundry external door and garage access door $264
1 x lockwood velocity summit L1 privacy set in lieu of passage set $48
1 x laundry external door 2040 x 820mm painted corinthian interblind IBP2 $651
Colourbond downpipes in lieu of standard zincalume $608
Cat 2 Tudor roof tiles to house and garage in lieu of standard $1110
Extended mirror in main bathroom $91
1 x 425mm x 425mm x 90mm tiled niche in main bathroom $165
1 x 425 x 1025 x 90mm tiled niche to ensuite $465
4 x decorative columns as per Waldorf (Williams Landing) $404
Blum soft close to kitchen base doors and drawers in lieu of standard $1478
26 x Laminex upgrade handles Part No: 935379 $494
4 x Laminex Upgrade Handles Part No: 935378 to pot drawer in lieu of standard $76
1 x opti-glass/starfire glass splash back in lieu of promo splashback $876
Cat 3 ceasar stone to both kitchen bench tops in lieu of standard $1351
1 x 20mm cat 1 caesar stone to bathroom vanity top incl 20mm thick edging in lieu of standard laminate $316 Ensuite is $568
1 x kickplate to suit Blanco 900mm standing oven $162
1 x overhead fan with light installed in alfresco $456
1 x Mizu 1500 wall mixer to Master Ensuite shower and bathroom shower in lieu of standard $364
1 x Porcher Vallo Vessel basin and 1 Mizu 1500 sink mixer to bathroom vanity in lieu of standard tapware and basin $128
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum