Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 118 of 862
Rups
eli-kay123
Rups
We had a look too humble...they look great. There must be render going on that lighter brick. Maybe they have a light render and need a lighter brick so colour doesn't show through?

Hi Rups,

Can you please let me the address where you and humble saw the Hawksburn. My hubby would like to see them as we may prefer them to the Buckwheat.

Thank you,

eli-kay123

Yep - sent you a PM

Hi Rups,

I got it. Thank you so much. Will let you know how we go.
Hi Rups, thank you for those photo's of the bricks, my hubby especially thanks you.... the only brick I could find that I liked was a Daniel Robertson and that of course meant more dollars! The Hawksburn looks good!
Rups
eli-kay123
Rups
We had a look too humble...they look great. There must be render going on that lighter brick. Maybe they have a light render and need a lighter brick so colour doesn't show through?

Hi Rups,

Can you please let me the address where you and humble saw the Hawksburn. My hubby would like to see them as we may prefer them to the Buckwheat.

Thank you,

eli-kay123

Yep - sent you a PM

Hi Rups,

Thanks again, we went down this morning. Very nice bricks. Great variations. Our contact day is this Thursday, we are still at a loss of what bricks to have because now we are thinking of changing our facade. PD may not allow us to do this, but we will see what happens.
Hi Roshi, we have option 3 too. I cannot remember what we chose, but that's what we got. Most bathrooms have mixers, and its only where the rain showers are so am not too fussed. One thing I noticed was that the promo said 14 combinations, but the showroom had 4 at the max. A bit odd that.
Humble, glad you like your bricks! Phew - was holding my breath for you
!!
Papers sent to Consumer Affairs, now to see what happens next!
Anyone can recommend me independent inspector that is good and at reasonable price. If you can't name the company, please PM me. Thanks!
menang
Anyone can recommend me independent inspector that is good and at reasonable price. If you can't name the company, please PM me. Thanks!

Kevin from New Home Inspections
karmaz
Hi Roshi, we have option 3 too. I cannot remember what we chose, but that's what we got. Most bathrooms have mixers, and its only where the rain showers are so am not too fussed. One thing I noticed was that the promo said 14 combinations, but the showroom had 4 at the max. A bit odd that.
Humble, glad you like your bricks! Phew - was holding my breath for you
!!
Papers sent to Consumer Affairs, now to see what happens next!

Thanks, yer we are stoked, just need to confirm PD will make them available for the same (or less price), they should be a cat6 brick.
Rups
menang

How much does he charge?

Thanks
T
tstr1a
Rups
menang

How much does he charge?

Thanks
T

Hi T,
There are prices on their website.
mimi
I hear Kevin is good. The Building Watchdog - Malcolm Axford is good too - we used him.
Off-Topic - Trade Person recommendation

Hello All,

Can anyone recommend a good carpenter who would be willing to work around the Mornington Peninsula area of Victoria? I need a deck built and am now unable to do it myself, so hence looking for recommendations. Please can you PM me.

Thanks in advance,

Chorlton
I know someone, will pm you with his details. He did a fantastic job with our deck. Will pm you with his details, not sure whether he does your area but no harm asking.
karmaz
I know someone, will pm you with his details. He did a fantastic job with our deck. Will pm you with his details, not sure whether he does your area but no harm asking.

Thanks Karmaz
FYI, I have been informed by Hopetoun that the new (replacement) Austral bricks are not available for selection at the moment...
humble
FYI, I have been informed by Hopetoun that the new (replacement) Austral bricks are not available for selection at the moment...

I had a feeling that this would happen. Big business need time to approve new additions and changes. They probably need to negotiate prices which could take time.

Remember that this isn't PD's fault.
tstr1a
humble

I had a feeling that this would happen. Big business need time to approve new additions and changes. They probably need to negotiate prices which could take time.

Remember that this isn't PD's fault.

I remember, I also remember that the prestige houses now have less selections then a access property..
Well we go to Contract on the 30th, hopefully they have it sorted by then. We will delay contract signing until a determination has been made.
flagstaffIV
J & C
Would anyone have the types / name of supplier of handles used by PD for the cupboards. It will be nice if you could also give the prices too if you have them you.

The Hopetoun consultant did not have the price available with them. I have been informed by our CSC to wait until we sign the contract for the prices.

Here's some pictures of the handles on offer. I don't have pricing for all of them, as we went with no. 4, 5, 6 and 34. I'll have to look through my doc's to find pricing. Hopefully others who have chosen different handles will be able to provide you with pricing

Okay... so have found my pricing... Bare in mind that the handles I picked were from the deluxe range... abit exxy

no. 4: $30 each
no. 5: $42 each
no. 6: $42.4 each

no. 34: $20.25 each

Also, in my original quotation we were looking at these handles... $12.50 each from the standard range.
Hi All
Its been a while, but yes we have finally moved in = thinking that we had all covered with all the checks and balances, we still have a lot of work to do but loving being here, we are still finding things which arent up to scratch but thats I suppose part and parcel of building, - so for all of you still building, the fun doesnt end once you are in - its just less stressful.
fingers crossed
Hi All
Its been a while, but yes we have finally moved in = thinking that we had all covered with all the checks and balances, we still have a lot of work to do but loving being here, we are still finding things which arent up to scratch but thats I suppose part and parcel of building, - so for all of you still building, the fun doesnt end once you are in - its just less stressful.

Examples of what you found? (might save some others including me)
Thanks flagstaffIV...appreciate this

Would you be able to tell me the number on handle (ten from bottom in the first picture)...Its nor visible clearly.

If I can get the number I might get the hopetoun / CSC to give me the PD price.

Cheers

J & C
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum