Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 117 of 862
rramesh
Hi All,

Our PD prestige build seems to be plagued with issues. Our latest issue is the render. We had opted for a partial render but ended up with a full front render. The final drawings reflect what we wanted but what we are seeing is something totally different.

We called up the office and they say that we have the option to choose two colors.
or t

They will remove the render form where it shouldn't be. This they say could damage the bricks and they will only replace the damaged bricks.

Option 2 seems risky and might add to the build time, option one on the other hand would just seem ugly. Has anyone had similar problems and any one have suggestions on what we can do under the circumstances

Your help/advice is much sought after.

big mistake but some would love it to happen to them. If you like the render then count your blessings and keep it.
Roshi
Is there anyone who has build or building a Lifestyle double story house in this forum, the only one whome I know is Karmaz.

I just need to verify the standard tapware of the Powder Room. I have not upgraded this & it is coming up with the seperate hot & cold taps.

When I looked at my colour Selection docs it is mentioned as: "Atlanta Wall top with Academy spout".

I would like to verify whether it is the Set no 1 or 3 based on the picture, which I have attached in this post.

[img][url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-
images/39/powderroomtapware.jpg/]
[/url]/[/img]

My Hopetoun Consultant showed me the No 1 as the standard & as it looks good I did not upgrade the tapware of the Powder Room, but now once the installation has been done its No 3, which I do not like................

Cheers...

Hello I'm building a dbl storey lifestyle!
On my final drawings it has a pic of the tap.
From memory im sure it looks like no 3!
You'd think it would be no 1? In my contract my basin & countertop were the onky upgrades, not the mixer!

Mel
mel_mox
Roshi
Is there anyone who has build or building a Lifestyle double story house in this forum, the only one whome I know is Karmaz.

I just need to verify the standard tapware of the Powder Room. I have not upgraded this & it is coming up with the seperate hot & cold taps.

When I looked at my colour Selection docs it is mentioned as: "Atlanta Wall top with Academy spout".

I would like to verify whether it is the Set no 1 or 3 based on the picture, which I have attached in this post.

[img][url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-
images/39/powderroomtapware.jpg/]
[/url]/[/img]

My Hopetoun Consultant showed me the No 1 as the standard & as it looks good I did not upgrade the tapware of the Powder Room, but now once the installation has been done its No 3, which I do not like................

Cheers...

Hello I'm building a dbl storey lifestyle!
On my final drawings it has a pic of the tap.
From memory im sure it looks like no 3!
You'd think it would be no 1? In my contract my basin & countertop were the onky upgrades, not the mixer!

Mel

Hey Mel,

check you selection doc, tap 1 is called the Porcher Quatre Wall Top Assembly
Anyone know what the options for the Timber look garage doors is with PD and how much of an upgrade cost they are?
rramesh
Anyone know what the options for the Timber look garage doors is with PD and how much of an upgrade cost they are?

3 Colors a Light, a Medium and a Dark.

Upgrade cost on a prestige is $1200

The Dark is awesome, the middle is a redder color, and the light is quite light.
We upgraded to the Cedar Panelift - should be going in next week (fingers crossed) so I'll post a pic when it's in... I loved the darker one but in meant we would have had to have a dark front door and dark decking under the portico... as it is with the dark bricks we tend to hum the Death Star March from Star Wars!! hehe
humble
Zzz.. slow work day... whats everyones plans for this weekend?

Ours:

Bricks tomorrow..
Sunday Day trip somewhere..
Monday Collingwood v Melbourne.. Hot pies!

Hi Humble,

Heading off to look at two homes with Buckwheat brick. Went past one of the homes last night and saw they were just on the ground, no bricks up yet. But still atleast we can get an idea how the the bricks look.

Then off two National Tiles to view tiles for our selection on Tuesday. Sunday off to Carpet Court to look at carpets.

The sun is out this morning. Hope it stays this way.
eli-kay123

Hi Humble,

Heading off to look at two homes with Buckwheat brick. Went past one of the homes last night and saw they were just on the ground, no bricks up yet. But still atleast we can get an idea how the the bricks look.

Then off two National Tiles to view tiles for our selection on Tuesday. Sunday off to Carpet Court to look at carpets.

Went down to the unfinished house with the hawksburn bricks in Point Cook. We have found our brick. Looks good. Bizarre house however.
Who has 3 types of bricks on there front facade?
Hope there is some render going on somewhere.

The hawksburn are awesome, different to the hawthorn, in fact, I would say better!

Went back to the Waldorf in Williams Landing for a look at the kitchen, it has the same bench and cupboards as what we have chosen, same colour tiles as well except ours wont be shiny.

Had a good day! Now to chillax in front of the projector and watch a movie.
We had a look too humble...they look great. There must be render going on that lighter brick. Maybe they have a light render and need a lighter brick so colour doesn't show through?
Hi Humble and Rups...did either of you get a photo by any chance? I had also picked out Hawthorn bricks with my builder and unfortunately I am in the country and there are no samples here yet and Austral have no idea when they will get them.
Rups
We had a look too humble...they look great. There must be render going on that lighter brick. Maybe they have a light render and need a lighter brick so colour doesn't show through?

They sometimes just use commons for rendered areas, especially if the bricks for the rest of the house are higher categories. Commons will just be basically left overs, end of run etc. Still perfect quality, just cheaper than higher category bricks.
kezza71
Hi Humble and Rups...did either of you get a photo by any chance? I had also picked out Hawthorn bricks with my builder and unfortunately I am in the country and there are no samples here yet and Austral have no idea when they will get them.

Hi Kezza71,

We didn't, but will grab some tomorrow and post. We live a few houses up...
humble
eli-kay123

Hi Humble,

Went down to the unfinished house with the hawksburn bricks in Point Cook. We have found our brick. Looks good. Bizarre house however.
Who has 3 types of bricks on there front facade?
Hope there is some render going on somewhere.

The hawksburn are awesome, different to the hawthorn, in fact, I would say better!

Went back to the Waldorf in Williams Landing for a look at the kitchen, it has the same bench and cupboards as what we have chosen, same colour tiles as well except ours wont be shiny.

Had a good day! Now to chillax in front of the projector and watch a movie.

That's good to hear Humble. Good outcome in the end. I guess it was meant to be. We were going to pop into the Waldorf today to look at the front hallway entrance. We went to National Tiles for browsing and they told us the front entrance hallway costs $6300 to do in that Waldorf. It looks amazing. They're porceline tiles which are bit too expensive for us to do, so we looked at cheaper porcelin tiles with the silimar colouring. We were told it would be half the price this way.

The Buckwheat brick we looked at were on a finished house which was great to see. They were ok. It's hard to tell how our place would look with them when the house is not designed as per our facade. They had a little render though but no moulding around the windows, which made the home look a bit plain. It looks like we will stick with the Buckwheat. Still have one more home to look at tomorrow as we ran out of time today. Yes, there are some weired homes and colour choices out there. Each to their own I guess.

Enjoy your movie Humble. I am listening to my other half at the moment play his guitar and sing "That's Alright Momma" (Elvis Presley)
Just wondering if this is acceptable work any one have any ideas.

Given this will be covered with plaster boards, I am more concerned about the structural support for the spa.

Is this usually how it is done? Or should I be concerned?
rramesh
Just wondering if this is acceptable work any one have any ideas.

Given this will be covered with plaster boards, I am more concerned about the structural support for the spa.

Is this usually how it is done? Or should I be concerned?

I'm no expert but have seen a few bathroom renovations in my time... the important part is that the spa's weight is evenly supported, hence the bricks and the slurry. As long as it looks even it is fine.

The only drawback of seeing a house constructed step by step is that you get to see all of the fine details that make a home come together - sometimes they look rather "slap-dash", but in actual fact it's how they are done
Would be nice if we could order a house and then only see it when it is completed
Would anyone have the types / name of supplier of handles used by PD for the cupboards. It will be nice if you could also give the prices too if you have them you.

The Hopetoun consultant did not have the price available with them. I have been informed by our CSC to wait until we sign the contract for the prices.
J & C
Would anyone have the types / name of supplier of handles used by PD for the cupboards. It will be nice if you could also give the prices too if you have them you.

The Hopetoun consultant did not have the price available with them. I have been informed by our CSC to wait until we sign the contract for the prices.

Here's some pictures of the handles on offer. I don't have pricing for all of them, as we went with no. 4, 5, 6 and 34. I'll have to look through my doc's to find pricing. Hopefully others who have chosen different handles will be able to provide you with pricing

Rups
kezza71

Hi Kezza71,

We didn't, but will grab some tomorrow and post. We live a few houses up...

Got some pics on the iPhone, but found it much easier to post to our blog (yes, shameless promotion).

Check them out here:

http://kapconswc.blogspot.com/2011/06/brick-change.html
Rups

Hi Rups,

Can you please let me the address where you and humble saw the Hawksburn. My hubby would like to see them as we may prefer them to the Buckwheat.

Thank you,

eli-kay123
eli-kay123
Rups

Hi Rups,

Can you please let me the address where you and humble saw the Hawksburn. My hubby would like to see them as we may prefer them to the Buckwheat.

Thank you,

eli-kay123

Yep - sent you a PM
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum