It’s come to my attention that there is a lot of discussion about brick options being discontinued over the last few days and I just want to clear this up with you. I hear that communication is key to you all so I’m sure you can appreciate to know that some of our suppliers don’t let PD know that there are changes to their lines or brick options are being discontinued until after it’s happened. This isn’t the first time this issue has come up, and we absolutely understand why this may be frustrating for you, as it is for us. We aren’t trying to be annoying or make things difficult for you. The best way to have your questions answered is to approach your Building Coordinator, instead of making statements that may be incorrect or lacking information. Or if you read something on the forum and want to know what effect it’s going to have with your selections or build, your Building Coordinator will be able to let you know.
I can confirm with you now that due to an unexpected technical issue at one of the Austral plants the ‘Hawthorn’ has been withdrawn slightly earlier. Unfortunately we had not been directly notified by Austral and are working very quickly to find alternative options. We will be notifying those regional offices that have clients with existing orders that may be affected. Clients will be encouraged to speak with their Building Coordinator about resolution options and can visit the Hopetoun Interiors Showroom to review the revised range. On occasions like this with manufactures making changes to lines after clients have had their selection appointment they are contacted by their regional office and asked to re-select an alternative and avoid site delays.
Normally when we are informed in advance of bricks being discontinued we withdraw it from the selection range completely to avoid a situation like this. We do work with clients to find the best option within the selection range at the time of their appointment.
To help you understand further why this can happen we have a great blog post that I recommend you read…... http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.ph ... selection/
To Team PD,
Firstly, it's too late for us because we have colour selection tomorrow. Secondly, you mention the Hawthorn, we are after the Cotham. So are you saying we can still get the Cotham. Thirdly, PD need to discuss with Austral and all their other suppliers that this is not good enough. If they are going to discontinue or change products etc effecting PD you should have a clause in place with them to notify PD well in advance so you can then relay it to your clients. I'm sure Austral has known about the plant closure and discontinuation of certain bricks months before. The didn't decide this on Friday night. Step up your game PD. As for us we were waiting on a call back today from the PD Western office for our brick query. No call came so we rang 3.30pm to find that the person who was meant to get back to us didn't turn up for work today. We are hoping she will call us before our colour selection tomorrow so we know where we stand. By what has happened and with such short notice I can see there is no way we can select our bricks by tomorrow. If we see a new brick we may like, there is no way we can make a decison by looking at a sheet of 4 bricks as you won't see much of the variances the bricks have and obviously there will be no homes built at this stage because the bricks are just new. Hopefully we will find a brick that wasn't discontinued and go driving for hours this weekend again looking at different homes with the brick(s) we re-select. I would expect PD and Hopetoun to be accommodating in regards to this issue that has arised and I speak for others in the same situation, that we made need more time to make the brick selection. There is no way we could make a brick selection by tomorrow until we've reviewed the bricks further. We've only had 2 days notice.