Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 89 of 862
Went into hopetoun today to have a look around, get a browse, it appears a lot of the colour selections we want are in standard ranges for the prestige so yay!

Now to go back to some of the displays to see them in real life...
humble
Went into hopetoun today to have a look around, get a browse, it appears a lot of the colour selections we want are in standard ranges for the prestige so yay!

We were the same
Fortunate for us huh?? We didn't spend a great deal at all on upgrades as we had what they called the "Platinum Promotion" at the time which gave us heaps of upgrades at really good prices.

Our tile selection only came in at $1198 extra on top of standard
humble

Yay Humble! Get those creative juices flowing!

It was the same for us. We had quite a few different combo's with the Cat 1 tiles before deciding with our final choice. Also because our colour palette is pretty earthy it fit right in
We tweeked the standard with feature tiles and splashed out a bit more on our master ensuite (because this is the main bathroom that is going to be used until the kidlets come along) and the splashback in the powder room. I think our tile upgrade came in just under $1500. I was so in love with the metallic deck tile and i wanted them to be a real feature of our bathroom.
MelNRob
humble

It was the same for us. We had quite a few different combo's with the Cat 1 tiles before deciding with our final choice. Also because our colour palette is pretty earthy it fit right in
We tweeked the standard with feature tiles and splashed out a bit more on our master ensuite (because this is the main bathroom that is going to be used until the kidlets come along) and the splashback in the powder room. I think our tile upgrade came in just under $1500. I was so in love with the metallic deck tile and i wanted them to be a real feature of our bathroom.

Can't wait to see pics MelNRob!
MelNRob
humble

Oooo.... Have you got a pic of the metallic deck tile?? Sounds great!
snoofie

My only word of advice is to keep an eye on the sand that is delivered - make sure the colour is consistent with the mortar colour you have chosen

I'm a complete dunce when it comes to this! Mon what should i be looking out for with the sand exactly? we have an off white mortar selection.
MelNRob
snoofie

My only word of advice is to keep an eye on the sand that is delivered - make sure the colour is consistent with the mortar colour you have chosen

I'm a complete dunce when it comes to this! Mon what should i be looking out for with the sand exactly? we have an off white mortar selection.

We have off white mortar and this is the sand we had

Our mortar is truly off white
snoofie
MelNRob
humble

Oooo.... Have you got a pic of the metallic deck tile?? Sounds great!

I love love love this tile! here's an example of the tile in a bathroom

We have the metallic deck as our splashback and it is also on the bath hob and in the ensuite. We've kept the floor tile the same as the rest of the house, Kimberley stone internal.

building1
MelNRob
snoofie

We have off white mortar and this is the sand we had
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k18/becpee/IMG_1176.jpg
Our mortar is truly off white

Thanks B1!
Hi guys!

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the different Staircase Profiles? In particular Traditional Option 2 and Contemporary Option 2?

Many thanks!
snoofie
Hi guys!

Does anyone happen to have pictures of the different Staircase Profiles? In particular Traditional Option 2 and Contemporary Option 2?

Many thanks!

Hi Snoofie
Our staircase is the classic option 2 which is timber and has black stringers - check out my blog for it f u like
Thanks
snoofie
Hi guys!

Many thanks!

Check out this one...these are what we are getting contemporary stair option 2 (but we are having walnut brown stain)

M
General question for all those PD'ers out there as it's the weekend and can only talk to CSC tomorrow. Should the windows (awning/sliding) windows have locks on them or was this an upgradeable item? Our windows went in yesterday and had a squizz today and noticed there were not locks. For some reason i thought it was just as standard feature. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Cheers, M
MelNRob
General question for all those PD'ers out there as it's the weekend and can only talk to CSC tomorrow. Should the windows (awning/sliding) windows have locks on them or was this an upgradeable item? Our windows went in yesterday and had a squizz today and noticed there were not locks. For some reason i thought it was just as standard feature. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Cheers, M

DH is just looking at our contract now, can't see anything about window locks
I have the 'Complete Promo' and locks are included for all opening windows and fly screen aswell.
MelNRob

Optional extra for mine.
Extra for us as well... but we forgot. Add them as we go.
luke11
I have the 'Complete Promo' and locks are included for all opening windows and fly screen aswell.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

We too have the complete promo. i know on the flyer in the fine print it only states the flyscreens being included (excl louvre and bifold) but for some reason i thought they were included. I seem to think i saw them on display at Hopetoun (although i could be wrong) so didn't think further about it.

Otherwise, i'll have to visit bunnings and do the old dowel stick trick for the time being

Cheers,

M
We had our electric appointment a few days ago and were informed that we are no longer allowed to have down lights in the house because of a new legislation. Is this true ?

has this legislation affected people who have finished electrical appointment but are yet to start their construction ?

Cheers,

J & C
Hi J & C,

No down lights at all, that’s odd!!

We had our electrical over a week ago now we didn’t get any down lights so cant help you there sorry but we were told we couldn’t have as many flood lights as we wanted because there would be too many watts which will make our house not a 5 star house so we took one off and replaced with a junction box in instead (If we put one in later its ok). I think if you pay your $1000 deposit after May then all PD houses are now 6star homes so this may affect it, but I am only guessing!

Luke
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum