Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 87 of 862
humble
Ah, the hoops I have to jump through.. talk about frustration.

Land Developer wants a deposit, bank have not completely confirmed, mortgage broker decides to take a 4 day weekend (without notice)

Great start not..

Hey Humble,

it's worth the ride, hang in there as it will be worth it in the end.
Team PD
snoofie
Hey guys, I have a question..

Did you guys have your external door furniture (eg front door handles) installed at lockup and then found that these were damaged?

Ours were put on when the doors went on and we now find that the front door set has black acid stains (from the brick cleaners) and the laundry door set is starting to rust.

Has anyone else experienced this and had them replaced without question?

Hi snoofie,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues that you've noticed. If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend contacting your Customer Care Administrator or Site Supervisor to discuss this & get their advice. Perhaps you can put this in writing and include some pictures so that they understand the issue fully. Let us know how you go. Cheers, Jess.

Thanks so much for your concern Jess, it's much appreciated

It's all good at this stage - I just had a quick site meeting and have been assured by our SS that he will replace them. Quite a few bits and bobs to correct, but he has said that he will make sure all is done prior to handover, which should be in about 6 weeks (fingers crossed)!

Thanks Jess
tstr1a
humble

Land Developer wants a deposit, bank have not completely confirmed, mortgage broker decides to take a 4 day weekend (without notice)

Great start not..

Hey Humble,

Yer, at this stage I do not have a lot of confidence, we have been asked for a 5% deposit on the land, our solicitor has advised us $1k will be enough at this stage with a 7 day 'remaining payment' clause to be issued, but the developer and pd have some arrangement over the block (it wasnt actually theres to house and land package) so we are forced into this arrangement by the developer.

Oh well, cheques been issued now, contracts re-written to include subject to finance clauses which I have had to have my solicitor look over this afternoon (at our cost) all fun and games. And at this stage I have a july site start. Cant wait for the next few weeks!
humble
tstr1a
humble

Great start not..

Hey Humble,

Yer, at this stage I do not have a lot of confidence, we have been asked for a 5% deposit on the land, our solicitor has advised us $1k will be enough at this stage with a 7 day 'remaining payment' clause to be issued, but the developer and pd have some arrangement over the block (it wasnt actually theres to house and land package) so we are forced into this arrangement by the developer.

Oh well, cheques been issued now, contracts re-written to include subject to finance clauses which I have had to have my solicitor look over this afternoon (at our cost) all fun and games. And at this stage I have a july site start. Cant wait for the next few weeks!

wow it sounds complicated... all the best.
Yer, considering we have a week 2 meeting with PD tomorrow. To get the final quote for the house, turning around the contracts, colours, and all the lovely bits and pieces is going to be a nightmare.
Hi everyone,

Second stage of my build is completed

The frame stage moved super quick.
Roughly 2 wks!
Check out my blog if u want to c pics

Mel
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking (and posting occasionally) on this site for awhile now but have only just caught up with reading this entire thread, which I wanted to do before I asked any questions.

What I am wondering is, have any of you had a PCI not continued as a result of something you raised and if so, what happens then? We have a number of issues, major and minor, with our house and about 5 minutes in our SS basically called a halt to our PCI, saying there was no point going ahead because we would have to have a special meeting with the paint rep and some other people. He said that marking any defects in the house would be a waste of time and while he listened to us relay some of the issues we had with the house for the most part this was done just standing in the kitchen, not actually inspecting the house and he only wrote a tiny fraction of those things down. He did ask us to forward a list of things we wanted fixed, which I've not yet done because I've been very sick. It has been a week now and we were told that we could move in this coming Thursday but we haven't heard a word from our SS, CSC or anyone else at PD about what is going to happen with this meeting and from what we can best tell very little, if anything, has been done to rectify the issues that PD are aware of. A few weeks ago our CSC emailed to say she had applied for our Certificate of Occupancy, is that supposed to be our official two weeks notice of handover? Surely they're not just expecting that we will move into an unfinished house?

Our SS has constantly stalled when it came to giving us an official move in date, however as he has been saying "next week" for about two months now so we haven't gone and booked the mover for Thursday as we knew it would likely be just another empty promise, but jeez it sure would be nice to know what is going on
Jewelbaby
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking (and posting occasionally) on this site for awhile now but have only just caught up with reading this entire thread, which I wanted to do before I asked any questions.

What I am wondering is, have any of you had a PCI not continued as a result of something you raised and if so, what happens then? We have a number of issues, major and minor, with our house and about 5 minutes in our SS basically called a halt to our PCI, saying there was no point going ahead because we would have to have a special meeting with the paint rep and some other people. He said that marking any defects in the house would be a waste of time and while he listened to us relay some of the issues we had with the house for the most part this was done just standing in the kitchen, not actually inspecting the house and he only wrote a tiny fraction of those things down. He did ask us to forward a list of things we wanted fixed, which I've not yet done because I've been very sick. It has been a week now and we were told that we could move in this coming Thursday but we haven't heard a word from our SS, CSC or anyone else at PD about what is going to happen with this meeting and from what we can best tell very little, if anything, has been done to rectify the issues that PD are aware of. A few weeks ago our CSC emailed to say she had applied for our Certificate of Occupancy, is that supposed to be our official two weeks notice of handover? Surely they're not just expecting that we will move into an unfinished house?

Our SS has constantly stalled when it came to giving us an official move in date, however as he has been saying "next week" for about two months now so we haven't gone and booked the mover for Thursday as we knew it would likely be just another empty promise, but jeez it sure would be nice to know what is going on

Hi Jewelbaby,

So the PCI wasn't completed? Did the SS fill in the PCI form & did you sign any? If not then I guess the PCI is yet to be done.

Once the PCI is done, then you can let PD fixes everything before settlement (they normally have 2 weeks to do this) or if they cannot complete them on time then you can settle first with an agreement for PD to fix everything by a certain time.

According to the clauses 36 & 37 in the signed building contract, you don't have to settle before they complete the building work even though certificate of occupancy been issued. The COO is normally issued a week or two in advance of the settlement so that you can arrange with the bank to issue the bank cheque for final payment (the bank will need to see this cert before processing the cheque).

Please read clauses 36 & 37 of the signed building contract. Make sure you understand them & give the appropriate notices.
& make sure you give the notices in writing to all the relevant parties at PD (I usually send them to the SS, CSC & Accounts Department). Plus if necessary PM a copy to Jess from Team PD in this forum so she can help you if you are stuck with it.
tcorn
wizzy
Thanks all for the your replies. We signed for a July start date and received the tiles and carpets promotion for 2K. I think that is cat 1.
Jess can you confirm?

By the way we got the current simplicity promotion as well.

Hi Wizzy,

Can I confirm do you mean that you paid $1999 for the Complete Promotion but you are also getting the simplicity promotion as well?????

I signed to get the Complete Promotion and am going for Tender tomorrow. Would love to know before then.

Anyone got any special tips for Tender....

Tam

Hi tcorn,
sorry for the late reply. Yes i did get the Simplicity promotion and also a complete tiles and carpets for 2K as well
Jewelbaby
Hi everyone!

Hi Jewlbaby,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some difficulties communicating with your CSA & SS. I understand you're eager for some information and answers regarding your PCI. If you could please send me a private message with your full name, lot address, the main PD office you've been dealing with (i.e. lifestyle east, etc), phone number as well as the name of your CSA, then I'll look into this for you to see if I can help you out. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Jess.
We get our CSR assigned this week.. hope its a good one!
humble
We get our CSR assigned this week.. hope its a good one!

we all hope so for your sake and build
I've had 2 awesome csr's and onto a third! Lol
Haven't dealt with the third as of yet!
Good luck humble - mine was pretty good most times!
Jewelbaby
Hi everyone!

Previously I would have said accept handover with a list of things that will be fixed by a certain date..... but I have learnt my lesson with PD. We have been in our home for nearly 18months... December 2009.... and we are still wating for issues to be fixed.... one is left over from PCI. It is an absolute friggin joke. We still cannot use our kitchen or pantry properly. PD acknowledge that the stone and splashback have to be replaced because they are utter crap... but we are still waiting.
Do not under any circumstances accept their assurances that things will be done. They tell us that once a week. Let's just say we are currently "exploring our options" legally.
Joles? Do you happen to have a blog? Would love to read the story of your build
mel_mox
Hi everyone,

Second stage of my build is completed

The frame stage moved super quick.
Roughly 2 wks!
Check out my blog if u want to c pics

Mel

Looking good Mel
Hi All,

Those of you that are new and are wondering about PD. We have had a pretty good experience with them so far also. There have been a few little/medium sized dramas but in the end they have been corrected and to a state we are happy with. This has been done in a professional and timely manner.
We are due for a PCI very very soon. But we have had pre-PCI inspection and found a lot of things then, so that PD have had time to fix things. We will then go into PCI and make sure everything on that previous list has been done and check over anything new. Our CM has said if there is anything we are not happy with we do not have to handover until it has been fixed.
We lost a SS 3/4 of the way through the build, but were assigned a construction manager and now possibly a new SS who seems very very good and very very thorough (eager to please because of newness I suspect).
Overall, and at this stage we have enjoyed our experience with PD, our CSC is lovely and so helpful.
I am sure there will be things that we will find after handover, which is only natural I suspect and especially for a new home, that need fixing, but I am sure this would happen with all builders. After speaking with family who have built with M and friends building with H's N we have had a pretty good ride.
Good luck to you all, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer as best I can.

Cheers
joles
Jewelbaby
Hi everyone!

Previously I would have said accept handover with a list of things that will be fixed by a certain date..... but I have learnt my lesson with PD. We have been in our home for nearly 18months... December 2009.... and we are still wating for issues to be fixed.... one is left over from PCI. It is an absolute friggin joke. We still cannot use our kitchen or pantry properly. PD acknowledge that the stone and splashback have to be replaced because they are utter crap... but we are still waiting.
Do not under any circumstances accept their assurances that things will be done. They tell us that once a week. Let's just say we are currently "exploring our options" legally.

Hi Joles,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties organising maintenance in your home. I'll organise someone from the PD office to contact you to discuss in detail. Please let me know how you go. I appreciate your paitence. Regards Jess
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum