Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 860 of 862
So.....we have handover tomorrow afternoon. It's been pushed back a few times so my excitement levels aren't high anymore.....

We have had a non-stop issue with our pantry bench. Its not in, still missing. I have been hassling for weeks. Found out today that it is a stegbar issue and they are working on it ASAP but it won't be for handover.
Just wanted to see if anyone has handed over with something outstanding? We need to get in the house, our lease is nearly up and we can not afford to rent any longer. It will be very frustrating, I won't be able to set up my pantry properly but I don't think I can let that be the reason we don't handover.
goldencrumble
So.....we have handover tomorrow afternoon. It's been pushed back a few times so my excitement levels aren't high anymore.....

We have had a non-stop issue with our pantry bench. Its not in, still missing. I have been hassling for weeks. Found out today that it is a stegbar issue and they are working on it ASAP but it won't be for handover.
Just wanted to see if anyone has handed over with something outstanding? We need to get in the house, our lease is nearly up and we can not afford to rent any longer. It will be very frustrating, I won't be able to set up my pantry properly but I don't think I can let that be the reason we don't handover.

Yes we accepted handover with a few items still on order and they came and did them the following week.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
goldencrumble

Yes we accepted handover with a few items still on order and they came and did them the following week.

Thank you. That’s good and somewhat comforting to hear.
We had a few items to be sorted post handover. They write them down on a handover from. PD were very responsive post handover

see more About the hoffman – Building the hoffman
https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/
hey team,

wondering how much it would cost to get a CCTV system installed.. Someone's given me a $5K quote for 4 6MP cam, remote viewing etc.,Pre-wiring from PD exists, but the security company has suggested we go with couple of other spots than the one allocated by PD

feel its a little over our budget and want to know what others spent..
What did you pre-wire? If you already have Cat6 you can get the kit yourself for $1.3k or less

Quick google example:
https://www.securitywholesalers.com.au/ ... s-4ch-nvr/

Turrets are better as they work better at night vs dome and don't have cobweb issues like bullets.

If you need extra cameras then you'd need to factor in a registered cabler to pull cables.
You will then need to figure out how to setup the system and link your phone, but $5k does seem quite steep.

Get a few quotes.
Hi guys

First time poster. Just unsure how to approach the situation
We are pretty much at PCI point and our SS told us he was going away for 2 weeks, at the point he pointed out an issue with our laundry bench (has been like that since July but only now has he brought it up...anyway)
He gave us the option of upgrading to caesarstone (which we will have to pay for but not a PCV fee) now I emailed my BC on the 19th as I need to know from KC culture how much the upgrade for Cat 1 or Cat 5 will be and to order the new bench
I have followed up emails to her every 2nd day, to which her response is “I haven’t heard a reply, I’ll re try today and get back to you”
Today is now the 29th with no correspondence
I have called WOD On Friday - someone will contact you back
I found an email for KC, no response

This is the only item holding up our handover!!!!!
I don’t know who to go to or what to do next?
If I keep hounding my BC, she is just going to keep ignoring it

Sorry for the rant
mak_
Hi guys

We are pretty much at PCI point and our SS told us he was going away for 2 weeks, at the point he pointed out an issue with our laundry bench (has been like that since July but only now has he brought it up...anyway)
He gave us the option of upgrading to caesarstone (which we will have to pay for but not a PCV fee) now I emailed my BC on the 19th as I need to know from KC culture how much the upgrade for Cat 1 or Cat 5 will be and to order the new bench
I have followed up emails to her every 2nd day, to which her response is “I haven’t heard a reply, I’ll re try today and get back to you”

Sorry for the rant

"there is an issue with the laundry bench" - do you mean that the product that you chose prior to contract is no longer available?

I remember my BC saying that the WOS team does not normally respond post selections directly to clients as they will need to go through BC. And my BC is very slow to respond to emails. At my contract appointment, I discovered that she had not read many of my emails I had sent her and had to go through everything all over again.
celadon
mak_
Hi guys

Sorry for the rant

"there is an issue with the laundry bench" - do you mean that the product that you chose prior to contract is no longer available?

I remember my BC saying that the WOS team does not normally respond post selections directly to clients as they will need to go through BC. And my BC is very slow to respond to emails. At my contract appointment, I discovered that she had not read many of my emails I had sent her and had to go through everything all over again.

We chose a wood grain laminex, but KC failed to tell us that there would be a join at 3200 (our bench is 3700) the second piece has a total different grain, it’s like 2 different benches and our SS said he isn’t going to leave it like that. It’s right at the door as well, so you notice it as you walk into the laundry

I got a phone call at 4:30 yesterday! Finally. The chick from KC was on annual leave, which is understandable but where is the communication?! Surely someone at KC or WOD knew our rep was on leave
Anyway.....it’s finally been sorted (hopefully)
Defects done yesterday, exciting in a weird sort of way seeing blue stickers everywhere
mak_
! Finally. The chick from KC was on annual leave, which is understandable but where is the communication?! Surely someone at KC or WOD knew our rep was on leave

Same as us. 5 whole weeks was wasted/lost waiting for KC to reply to fundamental errors/issues we found with our designs, and by escalating continually through our BC, it took a month to tell us she was on leave and it was best to wait for her to return. Huh? Single-point of failure much?

It's ridiculous. Our contract appointment is days away and we've still not signed off the KC stuff because of this.
Probably a bit late now, but Traditional 2 NC is 100% stain grade. This includes treads, handrails, posts, bottomrails, risers, the lot.

NC stands for "No Connoisseur"

This refers to the black steel balusters. It means they are all plain vertical round balusters. A standard Traditional 2 has fancy swirls every 4th baluster.
Hoffman 39
Hi everyone

New to homeone!
We are building a hoffman 39 soon.
Couple of questions:

How much it costs to hire a building surveyor? Go with porter davis recommended ones or your own?

Anyone had to make your neighbour's overhead powerlines to go underground at your expense because it crosses your property?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Appoint your own building surveyor
See VBA website. Clients should appoint their own.
You need the surveyor to be independent from the Builder and work for you!!

Building consultant called inspectors a bit on this forum are also necessary if you know nothing about building as they check for quality that RBS does not check and also double checks items RBS should have noted.
Ashik_09
hey team,

wondering how much it would cost to get a CCTV system installed.. Someone's given me a $5K quote for 4 6MP cam, remote viewing etc.,Pre-wiring from PD exists, but the security company has suggested we go with couple of other spots than the one allocated by PD

feel its a little over our budget and want to know what others spent..
Hi ashik,

What type of security camera setup are you thinking about getting? Analogue, or POE?

We chose poe, so at our electrical appointment asked for 6 external network cable pre wires (all network points go back to a rack under the stairs). Once we move in, I'm installing the cameras myself.

I'm going down the ubiquiti path. They have cameras, poe switches, and a DVR for the cameras that are all plug and play. Easy! It'll be far cheaper than the 5k you're being quoted, but you'll need to do the install yourself.

I think we are going to make a formal complaint about our SS. Nearly 4 weeks post handover and honestly I can’t even begin to explain how bad he has been. Has left such a sour taste in my mouth about the whole build.
Just wondering if anyone had done this before? I’m not sure of who I contact? Will call our BC on Monday I guess.
mak_
Hi guys

Sorry for the rant

Sorry not sure if it's too late to help but as of a couple months ago cat 1 to cat 5 is approx $580/sqm and cat 1 to cat 4 is approx $355/sqm

This is from calculating our own quotes, they don't really tell you unit prices.
goldencrumble
I think we are going to make a formal complaint about our SS. Nearly 4 weeks post handover and honestly I can’t even begin to explain how bad he has been. Has left such a sour taste in my mouth about the whole build.
Just wondering if anyone had done this before? I’m not sure of who I contact? Will call our BC on Monday I guess.

Ours has been hopeless through our the whole build. I was talking to my husband this morning on how we can try find out who is above him.
We didn’t even get flooring included with PD, we are 4 weeks until contract ends with no sign of PCI. Won’t return phone calls, won’t reply to emails, BC takes 10 days to respond on an update.
derfelcadarn
mak_
Hi guys

Sorry for the rant

Sorry not sure if it's too late to help but as of a couple months ago cat 1 to cat 5 is approx $580/sqm and cat 1 to cat 4 is approx $355/sqm

This is from calculating our own quotes, they don't really tell you unit prices.

They ended up calling me that day, it was going to be $1,300 for cat1 and $2,200 for cat4.
In the end we stayed with a solid grey laminex, took them 2 weeks to get back to me and said we were up for $2,500!!!!!
That was to get rid of the old bench, get the plumber back out to disconnect the sink, install the new bench plus a PCV
Let’s just say my response was very direct.
They want to charge us for the plumber, but we still don’t have our kitchen tap installed. Anyway.

Took PD 10 days and 2 voicemails to finally get back to me today to say they will cover the cost.

Since the start of October, all that needs to be done for completion is 1x light switch, capping the ducted vacuum vents, kitchen tap and put the door handles on.
We are in the middle of November now - 6 weeks and nothing has been done
So annoyed
mak_
goldencrumble

Ours has been hopeless through our the whole build. I was talking to my husband this morning on how we can try find out who is above him.
We didn’t even get flooring included with PD, we are 4 weeks until contract ends with no sign of PCI. Won’t return phone calls, won’t reply to emails, BC takes 10 days to respond on an update.

I am yet to start building, still in the contract phase and I have had communication problems with my BC. No response to my (multiple) emails for 2 weeks. I emailed tellus@porterdavis.com.au to report and in a few hours I get a call from my BC. Since then she has been responding to all my emails almost instantaneously.
celadon
mak_
goldencrumble

I am yet to start building, still in the contract phase and I have had communication problems with my BC. No response to my (multiple) emails for 2 weeks. I emailed tellus@porterdavis.com.au to report and in a few hours I get a call from my BC. Since then she has been responding to all my emails almost instantaneously.

Our BC took ages to reply to our emails until we were close to tender and then it's been lighting quick. Can't complain.

goldencrumble
There is a construction manager above every SS. Find out from your BC or if you are good with your Sales Consultant they might be able to find out for you.
Wait until you start building, it’s even worse. If I don’t follow up an issue, I don’t hear from them but when I do it’s the same line “I’ll follow it up for you”

I have just sent a very direct email to my BC and I have taken to social media and tagged Porter davis homes with my issues

We are 6 weeks from contract end, we have had no issues or delays, we didn’t even get our flooring included with them
And we still have no PCI, mind you it’s a 30sq single we built

Tell me how this is our issue and we should pay to fix it
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum