Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 852 of 862
gavrook
I'm sure not all are as slow as ours, probably depends where you're building. I've heard the problems are mostly in the west and I'd be inclined to believe that considering the other 2 PD builds on our street are going just as slow.

I think we come under Geelong. We are building in Lara.
Laura Ireland
We have just finished lockup stage today and fixing stage will be complete on Tuesday. That means we are entering the final stage.

How long did the final stage go for you? Double storey with lots of tiling.

I am hopeful we will have keys late July to late August. So 2 to 3 months. Is this being overly optimistic?
Sorry to give you the bad news but it takes probably 4-5 months after lockup to hand over. We had lockup start November 17 and hand over end March.

see more About the hoffman – Building the hoffman
https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/
brucefil2011
Laura Ireland
We have just finished lockup stage today and fixing stage will be complete on Tuesday. That means we are entering the final stage.

I am hopeful we will have keys late July to late August. So 2 to 3 months. Is this being overly optimistic?
Sorry to give you the bad news but it takes probably 4-5 months after lockup to hand over. We had lockup start November 17 and hand over end March.

We have finished lockup AND fixing at the same time, so entering final stage, so am I being ambitious for final stage to be 3 months?
Laura Ireland
brucefil2011
Laura Ireland

We have finished lockup AND fixing at the same time, so entering final stage, so am I being ambitious for final stage to be 3 months?

Our PD neighbours in Geelong were close to being in before Christmas and they're still not in. Their build flew along in the first 5 months then slowed to a crawl. I hope you have a better time.
brucefil2011
goldencrumble
That's great to know about the insulation. Our previous house have no insulation at all, it was awful.

Has anyone changed their front door? I was advised at WOS the front door I wanted I couldn't have, I had to have the one with glass panels (from Corinthian Doors). This was fine, its a lovely door, but I still really want a solid door, the original one I wanted. I have just emailed our BC to ask again in case our WOS consultant had no idea.

We had the same problem as I wanted a pivot door and was told around $5k. So I have purchased a second hand pivot door for $600, can buy the frame for $650 and its $400 to pull out the old door and frame (which ill sell) and put the new one in.

We wanted to change our front door from standard 820mm wide to 1020mm wide at WOS. Not allowed we were told, must be done at tender
sammo79
brucefil2011
goldencrumble
That's great to know about the insulation. Our previous house have no insulation at all, it was awful.

Has anyone changed their front door? I was advised at WOS the front door I wanted I couldn't have, I had to have the one with glass panels (from Corinthian Doors). This was fine, its a lovely door, but I still really want a solid door, the original one I wanted. I have just emailed our BC to ask again in case our WOS consultant had no idea.

We had the same problem as I wanted a pivot door and was told around $5k. So I have purchased a second hand pivot door for $600, can buy the frame for $650 and its $400 to pull out the old door and frame (which ill sell) and put the new one in.

We wanted to change our front door from standard 820mm wide to 1020mm wide at WOS. Not allowed we were told, must be done at tender
/quote]

It’s not the door size I wanted to change but the actual door. Haven’t heard back from our BC on it yet either....
Hi Team.. we are stuck with an issue and thought will check whats the best way to handle this

As part of the promotion we were receiving nice stacker/entertainer doors in lieu of the standard sliding doors. For some reason which I don't understand we were refunded for the stacker doors and given the standard doors.. On Friday, after months of waiting, our plans were approved and submitted to the construction team, and yesterday we visited a friends house (built by PD) and saw the standard sliding doors, really not impressed and I immediately dropped an email to BC asking if there was any way to change it without delays.

Looks like changing this would mean changes to site start and further delays.

What I wanted to check was,
1. will I be able to get my own frame from A&L (I will check with A&L on the delivery times)
2. will the site supervisor be able to swap the frames to put them up?

Has anyone done this before? Its just a great lesson on never ever ever to assume anything, get it clarified and see it to believe it. Any advice and help would be really really appreciated
Building update:
It has progressed a lot more quickly than I thought it would that's for sure.
9 May - slab poured
23 May - frame completed, windows in.
31 May - roof completed. Brick laying started.

Chatted to my SS today. He said bricks should be finished in another week. Concreter is back tomorrow to fix some issues raised by Darbecca on the slab, which can't be bricked until that's done. Funnily enough I drove past today on my way to work and stopped briefly. He called me a few hours later and told me he was on site and was waving to try and get my attention!

Things are flying along. I am sure it will slow down. Although the 2 storey PD home on the corner of my street was done in 6 months so fingers crossed!

The only thing we aren't completely happy with is our brick choice. We have Blackwood. Will reserve judgement until its finished but certainly wasn't loving it when I had a look at the bricks delivered.
We have choosen homstead blackwood and brick laying is in progress... I am ok with the look of the bricks but would like to see how the final product looks.... did you choose off-white or natural grey mortar ?
World_Of_Waldorf
We have choosen homstead blackwood and brick laying is in progress... I am ok with the look of the bricks but would like to see how the final product looks.... did you choose off-white or natural grey mortar ?

Natural grey - you?

Going to have a look later and take some photos
aplaceforeverything
Hi all,
I wanted to say hello and introduce myself as it's time to get really involved in these forums! I posted almost a year ago and we were so far off commencing that it wasn't really real. We are now about ten months out from our (hopeful!) demolition date so we are getting down to business!

We are doing a KDRB in Melbourne's east and going for the Marbella with a few standard options and the New England facade.

Looking forward to learning a lot and hearing all of your experiences and advice, and seeing all of your build progress!

Cheers,
Rachel

Hi Rachel,

We are also looking to do a KDRB and are looking at the Marbella with the New England Facade. I don’t suppose you have a photo of the front of the house you would show me. There doesn’t appear to be any images online of that facade in a Marbella design. Thanks! Kellie 😊
Hi I am building a marbella 38 with Balmain facade if that helps
aknbuffy

Thank you.... but I’m really just wanting to see the Marbella with the New England facade.

👍😊
Andykellfinney
aknbuffy

Thank you.... but I’m really just wanting to see the Marbella with the New England facade.

👍😊

I would suggest join the FB group (if you are not in yet) and post your request there... the response in FB is amazing.. Good Luck.
goldencrumble
World_Of_Waldorf

Natural grey - you?

Going to have a look later and take some photos

Yeah same Natural grey, i think for Off-white mortar we were asked another ~ 2k from memory..
Andykellfinney
aplaceforeverything
Hi all,
I wanted to say hello and introduce myself as it's time to get really involved in these forums! I posted almost a year ago and we were so far off commencing that it wasn't really real. We are now about ten months out from our (hopeful!) demolition date so we are getting down to business!

We are doing a KDRB in Melbourne's east and going for the Marbella with a few standard options and the New England facade.

Looking forward to learning a lot and hearing all of your experiences and advice, and seeing all of your build progress!

Cheers,
Rachel

Hi Rachel,

We are also looking to do a KDRB and are looking at the Marbella with the New England Facade. I don’t suppose you have a photo of the front of the house you would show me. There doesn’t appear to be any images online of that facade in a Marbella design. Thanks! Kellie 😊

Hi Kellie,
I think I already replied to you on FB! We have just knocked down so have no real photos. I've posted our contract drawings for you on FB. Not many Marbellas, especially with the NE facade1
Hi Everyone,

we are in bit awkward situation with PD. The base supervisor who never came back to us and never picked our phone sent him so many voice as well as text message for our pre inspection but never ever respond us.
I went to the site on Monday after work to see the progress of work and one guy who was working there told us that we will pour the slab tomorrow morning. we were socked and told him that we haven't done pre-inspection yet.
We start getting panic and then from Monday 6 pm to till Tuesday 7 am tried to contact our base supervisor, BC and 1300 numbers but all fail. Not even one person picked our phone.
I went to the site on Tuesday 7 am and contractor start pouring the slab. I tried to stop but no luck.

Can anyone suggest us what to do in that scenario. Everything is in written and it is not BC responsibility to tell us the inspection time because BC told us that i will be your first contact. all matter will go through me.
It is shocking for us as this is our first new home.
Thanks in advance!
Harish Chopra
Hi Everyone,

we are in bit awkward situation with PD. The base supervisor who never came back to us and never picked our phone sent him so many voice as well as text message for our pre inspection but never ever respond us.
I went to the site on Monday after work to see the progress of work and one guy who was working there told us that we will pour the slab tomorrow morning. we were socked and told him that we haven't done pre-inspection yet.
We start getting panic and then from Monday 6 pm to till Tuesday 7 am tried to contact our base supervisor, BC and 1300 numbers but all fail. Not even one person picked our phone.
I went to the site on Tuesday 7 am and contractor start pouring the slab. I tried to stop but no luck.

Can anyone suggest us what to do in that scenario. Everything is in written and it is not BC responsibility to tell us the inspection time because BC told us that i will be your first contact. all matter will go through me.
It is shocking for us as this is our first new home.
Thanks in advance!
I would call the office during the day and escalate to the construction manager. Tell the reception that you want to lodge a compliant.

Thanks!
Any idea how long porter davis lets the concrete cure once the slab pour is complete?
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum