Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 841 of 862
jeramymendoza198
Hi guys,

New to this forum and this thread is absolutely very helpful!

We building the Kew 28 in Mebourne's West.

For those who have opted to have refrigerated air conditioning installed after handover, what provisions did you have to ask PD to install?

Thanks and regards,
Jem

Congratulations, we're about to finish up our Kew 28 build! What options did you go with?
Argghh

Spent the first night at home. Aerial not connected to tv pionts. Do they check anything......

see more About the hoffman – Building the hoffman
https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/
jeramymendoza198
Hi guys,

New to this forum and this thread is absolutely very helpful!

We building the Kew 28 in Mebourne's West.

For those who have opted to have refrigerated air conditioning installed after handover, what provisions did you have to ask PD to install?

Thanks and regards,
Jem
I have had 2 x 20 amp outdoor outlets now all I have to do is get someone in for $300 per split system to install my existing systems.

way2funky
Waldorf_Grange_Build
way2funky
It is really poor form, and they will be getting the bill for re-inspection i will make sure of that.

What is their plan to rectify the defects? Have they started talking dates for handover? Or are they just not communicating? Request face to face meeting with site supervisor at the house and have printed Darbecca report and ask about each one line by line. We did that with our supervisor. He then sent photos once each was completed.

Their plan of fixing defects is to tell me all been fixed and ready to go, bring your inspector and nothing was done. I am puzzled are they that dumb and stupid to think someone like an inspector who is coming back to re-check the defects will miss if they have been touched or not??? Yeah they did start of talking handover the day after the Final Re-inspection lol

I will be conducting Face to face meeting on a weekly basis now to make sure the defects gets done before calling my inspector again (which i will be getting them to pay for it for wasting my money and time) , I knew there was something wrong when they were trying to push for a quick handover.
Yes more evidence of no one actually checking anything. As I have said before on this blog my feeling is as the client if you don't check things no one else will. PD tend to fix things you find and try to get away with not having things right in the first place.
I visited my site a lot of times during the build and only saw the SS there once.

I'm not saying he wasnt good which I think he is BUT things are only as good as you check and nothings checked properly.

Isn't that whats we are paying them for? Or is it just the slick marketing and hype?

brucefil2011
way2funky
Waldorf_Grange_Build
[quote="way2funky"]It is really poor form, and they will be getting the bill for re-inspection i will make sure of that.

What is their plan to rectify the defects? Have they started talking dates for handover? Or are they just not communicating? Request face to face meeting with site supervisor at the house and have printed Darbecca report and ask about each one line by line. We did that with our supervisor. He then sent photos once each was completed.

Their plan of fixing defects is to tell me all been fixed and ready to go, bring your inspector and nothing was done. I am puzzled are they that dumb and stupid to think someone like an inspector who is coming back to re-check the defects will miss if they have been touched or not??? Yeah they did start of talking handover the day after the Final Re-inspection lol

I will be conducting Face to face meeting on a weekly basis now to make sure the defects gets done before calling my inspector again (which i will be getting them to pay for it for wasting my money and time) , I knew there was something wrong when they were trying to push for a quick handover.
Yes more evidence of no one actually checking anything. As I have said before on this blog my feeling is as the client if you don't check things no one else will. PD tend to fix things you find and try to get away with not having things right in the first place.
I visited my site a lot of times during the build and only saw the SS there once.

I'm not saying he wasnt good which I think he is BUT things are only as good as you check and nothings checked properly.

Isn't that whats we are paying them for? Or is it just the slick marketing and hype?

https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/[/quote]

Note to self to check every single power, downlight, tv & the 40+ data points we have at pci before parting a cent of the final instalment...also need to check the Refrigerated cooling system & gas points.

brucefil2011

You are 100% correct .. they will not fix anything not noticed by you and will only fix things you identify ... they will also apply indirect pressure on you to leave/pass on the rectification like promising to fix it later or its not needed to be fixed etc. , some site supervisors are absolute scumbags.
Hi All

I am new to this forum. Building a Waldorf Grange 50... dating... hoping for a positive outcome...
Please check out my web page... comment and suggestions are welcomed..

https://buildingwaldorfgrangefromscratch.wordpress.com

Hi Jennifer, exciting and stressful times. I am at a similar stage to you in my build. I have engaged an independent inspector called Darbecca to provide reports of what I should be concerned about and not. I highly recommend them, good piece of mind for first time builders like us.
MikW
Hi Jennifer, exciting and stressful times. I am at a similar stage to you in my build. I have engaged an independent inspector called Darbecca to provide reports of what I should be concerned about and not. I highly recommend them, good piece of mind for first time builders like us.

Thank you for that, I am thinking along the same line... I had read some of the report posted on the website by various ppl... gosh it is way over my head.
Anyone looking for furniture ideas? I will be posting on my website over the next few weeks... all these research online..

Jennifer18
Hi All

I am new to this forum. Building a Waldorf Grange 50... dating... hoping for a positive outcome...
Please check out my web page... comment and suggestions are welcomed..

Welcome Jennifer,
Always good to read about other peoples' progress! I will be watching your build with interest.
sinbox
brucefil2011
way2funky
[quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"][quote="way2funky"]It is really poor form, and they will be getting the bill for re-inspection i will make sure of that.

Note to self to check every single power, downlight, tv & the 40+ data points we have at pci before parting a cent of the final instalment...also need to check the Refrigerated cooling system & gas points.

[/quote]I'm using one of these below because PD havent properly installed my tv aerial to any of the TV aerial sockets.....

And it definitely hasnt been checked.

A picture tells a thousand stories.

Definitely not what you would expect forking out nearly half a million. I feel just as the aerial a real bunny. Lucky its Easter.

Has anyone else found that they're pretty underwhelmed by the end of their build? We've got handover scheduled for later this week (assuming they fix all the stuff that they have had a month to do and still haven't done yet) and both my wife and I aren't at all excited and just want it to be over and done with? It probably doesn't help that we've still got all the landscaping, fencing, concreting etc to be lined up but I assumed I would actually be excited when we are getting close to the end, and we're not in the least bit like that.

Also, what happens if everything that was supposed to be fixed at PCI hasn't been done yet?
Hurrow
Has anyone else found that they're pretty underwhelmed by the end of their build? We've got handover scheduled for later this week (assuming they fix all the stuff that they have had a month to do and still haven't done yet) and both my wife and I aren't at all excited and just want it to be over and done with? It probably doesn't help that we've still got all the landscaping, fencing, concreting etc to be lined up but I assumed I would actually be excited when we are getting close to the end, and we're not in the least bit like that.

Also, what happens if everything that was supposed to be fixed at PCI hasn't been done yet?
Is it because it has been such a long road and the emotional investment is starting to wear off, or are you unhappy with the result and wish you did things differently?

brucefil2011
sinbox
brucefil2011
[quote="way2funky"][quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"][quote="way2funky"]It is really poor form, and they will be getting the bill for re-inspection i will make sure of that.

[/quote]I'm using one of these below because PD havent properly installed my tv aerial to any of the TV aerial sockets.....

Definitely not what you would expect forking out nearly half a million. I feel just as the aerial a real bunny. Lucky its Easter.

https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/[/quote]Very ordinary that the aerial isn't connected. Have you noticed other things?

It's one of the things that I've been worried about myself...you can have lots of inclusions and add-ons, which just means more things can go wrong! I have 22 data points, I bet some won't work!

Hurrow

I got excited 3 days before handover once I definitely knew it was going ahead. The date had changed previously as they had not rectified all the defects.

Once we were in with our keys and we knew we were sleeping the first night in our house we just forgot about all the previous dramas and felt happy.

www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
fademan
Hurrow

Is it because it has been such a long road and the emotional investment is starting to wear off, or are you unhappy with the result and wish you did things differently?

It's just been a long emotional journey I think, plus once we get the house there is still all the rest of the stuff that needs to be done. We're pretty happy with the result and there are only a few minor things that we would want to change.
Hurrow

Regarding PCI is that PD tell you it's all OK and do nothing. Then ask if you want your keys hand over the cheque which they know you have because it's a bank cheque.

You get your key pack and your SS while getting 3 messages on thier phone runs from your house as soon as they can before you start seeing all the extra things your not aware of that need to be fixed.

The SS then asks you to email any problems so they can forward the email to the post build team as its not thier problem anymore.

Then you think do I continue to deal with these muppets or fix it myself.

fademan
brucefil2011
sinbox
[quote="brucefil2011"][quote="way2funky"][quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"][quote="way2funky"]It is really poor form, and they will be getting the bill for re-inspection i will make sure of that.

https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/[/quote]Very ordinary that the aerial isn't connected. Have you noticed other things?

It's one of the things that I've been worried about myself...you can have lots of inclusions and add-ons, which just means more things can go wrong! I have 22 data points, I bet some won't work!

[/quote]I still have camera wires and stereo wires without end connections. Argus do not explain anything and have been a total pain in the arse.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
Hurrow

I got excited 3 days before handover once I definitely knew it was going ahead. The date had changed previously as they had not rectified all the defects.

Once we were in with our keys and we knew we were sleeping the first night in our house we just forgot about all the previous dramas and felt happy.

http://www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
I got in and thought **** they havent even connected the aerial.......

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum