Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 836 of 862
brucefil2011
An update from week 2 is up on my blog, theres been alot happen. Have a look at our bedroom curtains and carpet....

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com
Looks good, did you have any special concrete or is that the slab been ground and polished as poured?

Also, did you have to still tile your downstairs wet areas? i.e. laundry/powder?

Drew01
brucefil2011
An update from week 2 is up on my blog, theres been alot happen. Have a look at our bedroom curtains and carpet....

see more at
Looks good, did you have any special concrete or is that the slab been ground and polished as poured?

Also, did you have to still tile your downstairs wet areas? i.e. laundry/powder?

The floor is only 32 mpa instead of std 20 mpa to avoid cracking. Yes we have tiles to all wet areas (luandry and pdr) downstairs.

see more at
Drew01
brucefil2011

see more at

If your interested at what stage of your build are you?

see more at
brucefil2011
Drew01
brucefil2011

see more at

see more at
We're not at construction yet, just pulled a heap of tiles out due to cost

Drew01
brucefil2011
Drew01
[quote="brucefil2011"]An update from week 2 is up on my blog, theres been alot happen. Have a look at our bedroom curtains and carpet....

see more at

see more at
We're not at construction yet, just pulled a heap of tiles out due to cost

[/quote]If cost is a concern polished concrete is much more expensive than tiles. But in my opinion far superior.

see more at
Well, the last couple of weeks have been massive with our build project. We have finished our WOS appointments, and have our contract appointment at the end of next month. In the meantime I've set up a blog and build thread for anyone who wants to follow our journey

My blog: pd-rochedale33.advancemm.com
Build thread: https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91498

Really looking forward to building our dream home!
shane3340
Well, the last couple of weeks have been massive with our build project. We have finished our WOS appointments, and have our contract appointment at the end of next month. In the meantime I've set up a blog and build thread for anyone who wants to follow our journey

Really looking forward to building our dream home!
Have you got a link for the blog? Maybe put it in your signature?

Odd, had it in my signature but doesn't show up on the mobile.

Only just put it online but will start putting everything on there soon.

My blog: pd-rochedale33.advancemm.com
Build thread: https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=91498
brucefil2011

see more at

Bruce.. those blinds look fantastic.. can you please tell us who you went with?

Birk did the initial quote for $11K (lol) and we aren't going with them, but they helped us choose the fabrics. We want to do the exact same runner style..

Any info will be fantastic! Cheers
Ashik_09
brucefil2011

see more at

Birk did the initial quote for $11K (lol) and we aren't going with them, but they helped us choose the fabrics. We want to do the exact same runner style..

Birk are a total rip off there from Sharon's curtains in Dandenong. They were $1000 installed. Our total window furnishing bill is less than $4k as all other blinds are honeycombes from blinds online.

see more About the hoffman – Building the hoffman
https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/
brucefil2011
Ashik_09
brucefil2011

see more at

Birk are a total rip off there from Sharon's curtains in Dandenong. They were $1000 installed. Our total window furnishing bill is less than $4k as all other blinds are honeycombes from blinds online.

Fantastic.. Not a bad deal at all.. I have been following your blog.. good work there mate!!! The spotted gum just looks class!

Made a note of the blinds company .. will check with them once the build is complete.
Hi,

Does anyone have the standard height for the garage ceiling?

I was asking about the amount charged for our eaves as it says ‘eaves to upper storey and garage’ in the contract but the eaves were only done in the upper storey as the drawings did not have it in the garage.

Our BC replied with the following:

You have not been charged for the eaves on the Garage, and I believe the reason they were not needed is because the garage ceiling height was higher than the standard.

Is there anyway to really check if we were not charged for it?

Thanks.

Yeah.

Got the notice will follow up PD for payment.

How long do you all think until I see the payment?

sencillez
Hi,

I was asking about the amount charged for our eaves as it says ‘eaves to upper storey and garage’ in the contract but the eaves were only done in the upper storey as the drawings did not have it in the garage.

You have not been charged for the eaves on the Garage, and I believe the reason they were not needed is because the garage ceiling height was higher than the standard.

Thanks.

How highs your garage ceiling. I can measure mine. Its something like 2500mm. Sounds like a storey to me....

brucefil2011
sencillez
Hi,

Thanks.

How highs your garage ceiling. I can measure mine. Its something like 2500mm. Sounds like a storey to me....

Thanks. It’s 2515mm, so must be standard and I don’t remember upgrading it either haha.

Ashik_09
brucefil2011

see more at

Wow, 11k is cheap!

Our whole of house curtain price was 42k !!!

Got another quote for 19k elsewhere. Not really sure how they are still in business.

What a difference a day makes. Electrical and blinds.

brucefil2011
Ashik_09
brucefil2011

see more at

Do you have any close up photos of the ones from Blinds Online? Are you happy with the quality?
shane3340
brucefil2011
Ashik_09
[quote="brucefil2011"]An update from week 2 is up on my blog, theres been alot happen. Have a look at our bedroom curtains and carpet....

see more at

Do you have any close up photos of the ones from Blinds Online? Are you happy with the quality?[/quote]Theres some others on the blog and im very happy with the quality. We went to thier now closed showroom with concerns about quality given the cost and after seeing the product were very happy.

Im in Sydney working hard (mmmm) with my wife on organisational duties.

Our glamour light above the stairs is now in.

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum