Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 826 of 862
So you have already signed your contract? Any changes after the contract is signed come with an admin fee,which can vary from $250 - $1250, that's if the change is allowed.
Hurrow
Ashik_09
All done.. back in Apr/May, .. have a post somewhere in this thread about my experience and stuff. We signed the contract back in May and have done around 10 changes already. Most of the changes were non-structural, but few were structure because they had messed it up. The land just titled few weeks ago.. so.. trying to understand how it works now

My understanding of it is that if they want/need to make any changes then it's free, if you want to do any then it may not be possible and if it is then it will cost you $250 to do so. I could be wrong though!

sounds right .. agree with you.. the more $$ they make.. the changes are free.. if they -$$ then its gonna cost us a bit..
nikil
So you have already signed your contract? Any changes after the contract is signed come with an admin fee,which can vary from $250 - $1250, that's if the change is allowed.

fingers crossed Niki!! we are already paying too much premium for our dream home.
Ashik_09
nikil

fingers crossed Niki!! we are already paying too much premium for our dream home.

I think a lot of it depends on your BC, I’ve seen some people have changes made for no fee and others with huge fees. We changed our stone benches after lock up and we were charged $250 admin fee, plus the cost of the upgrade.

nikil
Ashik_09
nikil

I think a lot of it depends on your BC, I’ve seen some people have changes made for no fee and others with huge fees. We changed our stone benches after lock up and we were charged $250 admin fee, plus the cost of the upgrade.

Well, that's no good.. so far, we have been able to make changes with no fees.. and agree, it all depends on the BC.
PCI is now booked for mid next week, according to my SS we should have handover a couple of weeks later. There is a bit of stuff that we both know needs to get done post PCI but he seems pretty confident that it will be fine and it's the same timeline he delivered on for our neighbors next door. Here's hoping!
brucefil2011
Waldorf_Grange_Build
brucefil2011
[quote="KushD"]Quite a few things to do, but I've already received the final invoice without a payment date. Hopefully that means PCI is not far.

Sorry to bring u down, our house looked like that end october with PCI this Thursday

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com

Good luck for PCI. Hope not too many defects for you.

How are your fixes going?

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com[/quote]

Here’s the update from my SS re our defects:

“Yes the cut was disappointing to say the least. I am meeting the plumbers Tuesday so they can complete the dig out and complete the Aggie drains as per my original request. They went to site last week and did not follow my instructions. Leave that with me.

The Renderers have completed the re-coat Friday. They have two more items to complete from our inpections but are well on the way.
The week ahead will see the front completed as best we can, Plasterers sanding the repairs Tuesday, Painters wed/Thurs, cabinet replacements in Monday, a few other minor cleaning items also will be complete. I would like to catch up with you on Friday to go through the items and tick off on completed. I am hoping we will be able to tick all of and arrange settlement times from there.”

Waldorf_Grange_Build

“Yes the cut was disappointing to say the least. I am meeting the plumbers Tuesday so they can complete the dig out and complete the Aggie drains as per my original request. They went to site last week and did not follow my instructions. Leave that with me.

The Renderers have completed the re-coat Friday. They have two more items to complete from our inpections but are well on the way.
The week ahead will see the front completed as best we can, Plasterers sanding the repairs Tuesday, Painters wed/Thurs, cabinet replacements in Monday, a few other minor cleaning items also will be complete. I would like to catch up with you on Friday to go through the items and tick off on completed. I am hoping we will be able to tick all of and arrange settlement times from there.”

Have you seen the new render WGB? Are you happy with it? Hope so

Waldorf_Grange_Build
brucefil2011
Waldorf_Grange_Build
[quote="brucefil2011"][quote="KushD"]Quite a few things to do, but I've already received the final invoice without a payment date. Hopefully that means PCI is not far.

Sorry to bring u down, our house looked like that end october with PCI this Thursday

see more at

Good luck for PCI. Hope not too many defects for you.

How are your fixes going?

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com[/quote]

[/quote]Happy for you they have re done the render. Good to see there moving ahead, hope your in home soon.

What about the flooring?

see more at
Dani_J
Waldorf_Grange_Build

Have you seen the new render WGB? Are you happy with it? Hope so

I haven’t seen it yet. We are in the process of preparing our old house to go to auction. The real estate agents taking photos this Thursday. So much to do we haven’t been able to afford the 40 min drive out to the new house. Eek. Meeting the site supervisor there Friday and fingers crossed. Also it gives it time to dry so we can analyse the colour.

I was right not to share the confidence of my SS.

WGB I think this may be a worse colour match than yours. They may as well have painted it red.

see more at
Just got a text message from AGL saying we have a gas bill to pay, who is meant to pay that? We haven’t had handover yet.
I’ve emailed PD but they’ve ignored it. My husband usually deals with them but is too busy at work this week and it’s such a minor issue I want to sort it out myself.
Thanks.
brucefil2011

WGB I think this may be a worse colour match than yours. They may as well have painted it red.

see more at
They looks like a shadow

sunshine83
Just got a text message from AGL saying we have a gas bill to pay, who is meant to pay that? We haven’t had handover yet.
I’ve emailed PD but they’ve ignored it. My husband usually deals with them but is too busy at work this week and it’s such a minor issue I want to sort it out myself.
Thanks.

Interested to see what they say. They are supposed to pay it. We got a water bill for our block, the usage was only around $11 so we just paid it. Since then there has been a leek from the tap at the front that’s been constant ( we have turned it off at the mains several times) I’ll be interested to see what the usage is on the next one as I won’t be paying it this time. I assume we are still liable to pay for the services and it’s just the usage they pay??

Drew01
brucefil2011

see more at
They looks like a shadow

Yep thats my point it was taken in bright Sunshine

see more at
brucefil2011

see more at

Oh gosh. You’d think if they render all day long then they would know how batch and die lots work. Unbelievable. I hope they will redo the lot.

sunshine83
Thanks.

We haven’t paid gas or electricity during the build but now that we are close to handover it will be switched into our name.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
sunshine83
Thanks.

We haven’t paid gas or electricity during the build but now that we are close to handover it will be switched into our name.

I thought we were supposed to be paying the first $50 per month of any bills for water, gas and electricity but after that PD had to cover the cost? I can't seem to find that in my documents though.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
brucefil2011

see more at

Oh gosh. You’d think if they render all day long then they would know how batch and die lots work. Unbelievable. I hope they will redo the lot.

What annoys me most you could see it as they were doing it last saturday and on mentioning it I was basicly told I was stupid and by 5pm that day the colour would change.

Now I will be the one delayed with my post handover work because of PDs contractors arrogance.

Im sure the SS hasnt even seen it yet. Im also sure he will try to argue its ok....

see more at
Ok I’ll call them tomorrow. I feel so thankful my husband has been dealing with them as I can’t even get a simple email answered.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum