Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 807 of 862
brucefil2011
Went to visit the house this morning and someone has been murdered across the road and 2 houses down from my house last night.

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com

Oh my gosh that is horrible!

Waldorf_Grange_Build
brucefil2011
Went to visit the house this morning and someone has been murdered across the road and 2 houses down from my house last night.

see more at

Oh my gosh that is horrible!

Yes im in total shock right now. Called my neighbours and there fine

see more at
Wow, what a shock. That is very sad news.
Hurrow
nikil
We haven’t been given any idea of a completion date as we never hear from our SS! We are meeting him Monday for a walk through and I’ll be going to the house Sunday to make a list of anything I am not happy with. Tiling being the main thing, it’s not done well at all.

Hopefully he can give us an idea of when it will be all finished. Our contract ends March 17th.

Our SS is really good at getting back to us, normally it's the same day or at worst the next day. Good luck with the walk through, hopefully they get everything sorted out for you ASAP!

What penalty rates do you have in your contract?

We left it the standard $250 per week that they go over. I didn’t think it was negotiable until a friend of our got his changed to $450 per week.

ive had 350/week written into mine as I thought they will finish the house first with the highest penalty.
brucefil2011
ive had 350/week written into mine as I thought they will finish the house first with the highest penalty.

Wish I had done the same.

in saying that our builds started about the same time and will finish about the same time i think.
brucefil2011
in saying that our builds started about the same time and will finish about the same time i think.

Yea I hope we both finish on time. I’ll probably regret saying this, but I can’t see what could cause a delay now. They are so close to finishing. Then looking at other builds there are huge delays for things that seem minor. You really can’t predict it.

Still waiting for the doors to be delivered for the cabinetry. SS said they should be delivered by Friday.

nikil
Hurrow
nikil
We haven’t been given any idea of a completion date as we never hear from our SS! We are meeting him Monday for a walk through and I’ll be going to the house Sunday to make a list of anything I am not happy with. Tiling being the main thing, it’s not done well at all.

Hopefully he can give us an idea of when it will be all finished. Our contract ends March 17th.

Our SS is really good at getting back to us, normally it's the same day or at worst the next day. Good luck with the walk through, hopefully they get everything sorted out for you ASAP!

We left it the standard $250 per week that they go over. I didn’t think it was negotiable until a friend of our got his changed to $450 per week.

I didn’t know it was negotiable either. Ours is $250 per week which won’t cover our existing mortgage. We don’t get the compensation until after it’s all done anyway.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
nikil
Hurrow
[quote="nikil"]We haven’t been given any idea of a completion date as we never hear from our SS! We are meeting him Monday for a walk through and I’ll be going to the house Sunday to make a list of anything I am not happy with. Tiling being the main thing, it’s not done well at all.

I didn’t know it was negotiable either. Ours is $250 per week which won’t cover our existing mortgage. We don’t get the compensation until after it’s all done anyway.

[/quote]

We are lucky enough that we moved to a much cheaper rental for the duration of the build but it’s still $350 per week so it won’t cover that either.

brucefil2011

see more at

OMG...this is terrible.. is this on news ?
What suburb was it in?

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Renman
What suburb was it in?

Noble park

see more at
brucefil2011
Renman
What suburb was it in?

Noble park

see more at
Was good to see that both stabbed people survived as we were told by our neighbors that someone had died.

see more at
nikil waldorf_Grange_Build I had a real stoush with our contract presenter about increasing the late finish fee to more than $250/week and they just would not budge. She seemed like she would have let me walk out without a signed contract rather than give in on this point. In the end I couldn't be bothered with the fight.
MikW
@nikil waldorf_Grange_Build I had a real stoush with our contract presenter about increasing the late finish fee to more than $250/week and they just would not budge. She seemed like she would have let me walk out without a signed contract rather than give in on this point. In the end I couldn't be bothered with the fight.
Thats what they rely on as they do this every week and are tought these tactics. The customer contact doesnt have the authority so we got thier manager in.
Im lucky as I do negotiotions with large multi nationals for a job. In saying that PD certainly have some good systems in place to get thier own way. I found it to be a challanging negotiotion even with my experience.

see more at

Render complete today, if only it was in our budget to do the whole house!

Hi everyone,
I've posted this in the Madison thread but will ask here as well.

At a recent WoS visit the kitchen consultant was very, very clear with us that if we wanted any profile on our kitchen doors at all then we needed to go for Colourtech. As we wanted a Shaker profile we accepted we'd need a Colourtech upgrade.

However in the Madison thread I read that someone was installing Colonial profile in Laminate in their galley to match the Colonial Colourtech in their main kitchen.

Have we been led up the garden path??

Thank you in confusion,
Rachel
aplaceforeverything
Hi everyone,

At a recent WoS visit the kitchen consultant was very, very clear with us that if we wanted any profile on our kitchen doors at all then we needed to go for Colourtech. As we wanted a Shaker profile we accepted we'd need a Colourtech upgrade.

However in the Madison thread I read that someone was installing Colonial profile in Laminate in their galley to match the Colonial Colourtech in their main kitchen.

Thank you in confusion,
Rachel

I'll tell you of my experience. You can get the profiled doors in whats called Formwrap, which is a vinyl product, rather than laminate. See brochure here - http://www.laminex.com.au/uploads/broch ... ochure.pdf

Porter Davis have it at WOS as a Category 6 upgrade, and the Colourtech as Category 5. I asked for pricing on both and asked what was cheaper. Both consultants told me Colourtech was cheaper, as the Formwrap is a "newer product". I knew that was BS as 2pack painting cabinets is more labour intensive. I think they want to push people into getting the more expensive Colourtech cabinetry.

I went outside and called Laminex directly and asked them for the cost on a standard 900x450 profiled kitchen cabinet door was in both the Colourtech and Formwrap. From memory, colourtech was $180ish and formwrap was about $120ish.

If you ring laminex, they can email you this really cool PDF document where you input the measures and quantity of all your doors and if calculates the price of it up. I did this before our WOS appointment which is why I decided to do all our bathrooms doors/drawer after handover. We got PD to price it up for us, and the markup was ridiculous. So we are getting them to just put the standard included laminex doors on, and we will change them afterwards.

The price difference for the 4 bathrooms and powder room was around $3500 from memory. To change them after handover will take me a few hours at most.
lilbza
aplaceforeverything
Hi everyone,

Thank you in confusion,
Rachel

I'll tell you of my experience. You can get the profiled doors in whats called Formwrap, which is a vinyl product, rather than laminate. See brochure here - http://www.laminex.com.au/uploads/broch ... ochure.pdf

Porter Davis have it at WOS as a Category 6 upgrade, and the Colourtech as Category 5. I asked for pricing on both and asked what was cheaper. Both consultants told me Colourtech was cheaper, as the Formwrap is a "newer product". I knew that was BS as 2pack painting cabinets is more labour intensive. I think they want to push people into getting the more expensive Colourtech cabinetry.

I went outside and called Laminex directly and asked them for the cost on a standard 900x450 profiled kitchen cabinet door was in both the Colourtech and Formwrap. From memory, colourtech was $180ish and formwrap was about $120ish.

If you ring laminex, they can email you this really cool PDF document where you input the measures and quantity of all your doors and if calculates the price of it up. I did this before our WOS appointment which is why I decided to do all our bathrooms doors/drawer after handover. We got PD to price it up for us, and the markup was ridiculous. So we are getting them to just put the standard included laminex doors on, and we will change them afterwards.

The price difference for the 4 bathrooms and powder room was around $3500 from memory. To change them after handover will take me a few hours at most.

Wow! That's a huge saving. Plus you could sell your standard inclusion doors.
Did you get your kitchen done by PD?
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum