My family and I have just signed onto Porter Davis - we looked around and the floor plans were the one that suited us best - this is thefirst time we have eve built -we are building the Marriott 44 has any one got any advise for us as a heads up?
we are building at Uni Hill in Bundoora and were surprised to see that they had tried to double up in the cost that we had already included - took us a few days to get things right - but hopefully we are over the hard bits
Congratulations - beautiful house and fantastic estate!
My advice is the same for any builder:
1. They tend to make a lot of mistakes in plans, tenders etc, so check everything carefully.
2. Get everything in writing, keep paper copies of it all and file them in a way that makes it easy to find something quickly. It's amazing how many times you have to draw their attention to their own words to get something sorted out.
3. Don't accept second-best. If something isn't right, keep at them until it is.
4. Develop a lot of patience.
5. Think really seriously about hiring an independent inspector, at least for frame, lockup and practical completion stages. It'll be money well spent.
Good luck - it's going to be stressful and undoubtedly infuriating at times, but speaking from experience, it'll all be worth it once you're living in your beautiful new home.