Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 798 of 862
MikW
KushD
Good morning all
I have batten and noggin provisioned for future pendent lights, in downstairs.

At the handover, what does that look like?
1. Argus takes the wire through the ceiling and leave it visible?
2. Or the cable is left inside the ceiling near the noggin for an electrician to fishout?

If it is #2 does it make sense to raise a variation for Argus to install a globe/chinaman hat, so that they have to fishout the cable. I'm trying to prevent possible damages to the ceiling by the electricians post handover.

Hi Kush, they install a standard light fitting with a 'chinaman's hat' light fitting.
Even for batten and noggin provision they install chinaman setup? Bit confusing

KushD
MikW
KushD
Good morning all

2. Or the cable is left inside the ceiling near the noggin for an electrician to fishout?

If it is #2 does it make sense to raise a variation for Argus to install a globe/chinaman hat, so that they have to fishout the cable. I'm trying to prevent possible damages to the ceiling by the electricians post handover.

Hi Kush, they install a standard light fitting with a 'chinaman's hat' light fitting.

That is the explanation I have been given, and based on gio photos of his almost complete house, it looks that way too.
MikW
KushD
MikW
[quote="KushD"]Good morning all

That is the explanation I have been given, and based on gio photos of his almost complete house, it looks that way too.[/quote]In my house we have no chinaman just a wire in the roofspace that the electrician will grab. It allows you to put lights where you want them. If you have a chinaman you have to have the light in that spot only.
We are getting fan lights so we got PD to run an extra positive wire.

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com
Stone on and garage plaster done

see more at
How many of you PD tradies follow this sign?

see more at
brucefil2011

see more at

Jeez that's a solid chunk of stone! How thick is that?
Hurrow
brucefil2011

see more at

Jeez that's a solid chunk of stone! How thick is that?
40mm

see more at
Tips
sinbox
Hmmm.hmm...we had upgraded to one of those clean looking back to wall (not in-wall) toilet cisterns for all of our powder rooms. If anyone has this installed, can you pls share a picture of how the tap water connection from your wall goes into the cistern? I noticed yesterday that the tap is installed way too high, and looks like it will be concealed behind/inside the cistern. I wanted to install a bidet seat in the future, but can’t figure out if there will be enough space to install a T-junction on the water tap.

Wanted an answer for this as well. Thought will check at WOS. I think the answer depends on the type of toilet cistern. If it covers the water point then not too sure how to access it to put a T in future.

Just confirming that the way the way PD install the water supply for the Porcher CYGNET back to wall toilet suite is with a back water inlet. I.e it will be concealed behind the water tank. The way it is installed in World of Style is a bit misleading.

But for those planning to install bidet seats post handover, all hope may not be lost. I checked directly with a bidet seat supplier and it seems there are a couple of workarounds to get around this limitation. PM me if you want further details.

brucefil2011
Plasterer working frantically away as painting starts tommorow

see more at

Brucefil2011 - Nice progress on your house! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the powder room earlier. Can I bother you to share some pictures of your under stairs area when you get a chance pls? We had a change in our staircase design due to build challenges on site, and have now opted for a design similar to yours. Want to get an idea of how tall/wide the understairs are will be.

sinbox
brucefil2011

see more at

Brucefil2011 - Nice progress on your house! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the powder room earlier. Can I bother you to share some pictures of your under stairs area when you get a chance pls? We had a change in our staircase design due to build challenges on site, and have now opted for a design similar to yours. Want to get an idea of how tall/wide the understairs are will be.

No probs ill have to take one for you

see more at
Contract signed.

We got our costings for the stormwater LPOD and looks like around $9k for soaker pits which we are fine with.

Still arguing about our power lines, which we got removed to only be told that we still need a crane.....my husband has lost his #@$* over that one. That is a battle for another day, once the house is demolished and OHS come out again to do a site inspection once the house is gone.

Happy to have it finally signed by Christmas time. Not much will happen now as our bank manager goes on leave now. But plodding along here in the background.
sinbox
brucefil2011

see more at

I found this hope it helps. Please note theres now plaster on the side of the stairs but this gives a good insight of the size

see more at
Hi Guys,

For those who have choosen PCL 4G doors for their front entry, can you please let me know how much PD is charging you for this. In Prestige promo they have 2340mm is included for classic profile doors. So it should be difference in pricing.

Much appreciated.
goldencrumble
Contract signed.

We got our costings for the stormwater LPOD and looks like around $9k for soaker pits which we are fine with.

Still arguing about our power lines, which we got removed to only be told that we still need a crane.....my husband has lost his #@$* over that one. That is a battle for another day, once the house is demolished and OHS come out again to do a site inspection once the house is gone.

Happy to have it finally signed by Christmas time. Not much will happen now as our bank manager goes on leave now. But plodding along here in the background.

Glad the LPOD stuff got sorted for you, hopefully it all works out ok with the power lines as well!

Any idea on when PD will actually start work on the site?
sinbox
Tips
sinbox
Hmmm.hmm...we had upgraded to one of those clean looking back to wall (not in-wall) toilet cisterns for all of our powder rooms. If anyone has this installed, can you pls share a picture of how the tap water connection from your wall goes into the cistern? I noticed yesterday that the tap is installed way too high, and looks like it will be concealed behind/inside the cistern. I wanted to install a bidet seat in the future, but can’t figure out if there will be enough space to install a T-junction on the water tap.

Wanted an answer for this as well. Thought will check at WOS. I think the answer depends on the type of toilet cistern. If it covers the water point then not too sure how to access it to put a T in future.

Just confirming that the way the way PD install the water supply for the Porcher CYGNET back to wall toilet suite is with a back water inlet. I.e it will be concealed behind the water tank. The way it is installed in World of Style is a bit misleading.

But for those planning to install bidet seats post handover, all hope may not be lost. I checked directly with a bidet seat supplier and it seems there are a couple of workarounds to get around this limitation. PM me if you want further details.

For some of the toilets they have different water inlet options, i.e. either inside the water tank (Cistern) or at the bottom of the toliet (external). If you want bidet seats to be extended later, ensure you choose the model with external water inlet at the bottom. But i checked in recee site for Porcher CYGNET toliet, the only option is water inlet inside the cistern
.. May be you can share the option here which will help someone going in that path..
World_Of_Waldorf
sinbox
Tips
[quote="sinbox"]Hmmm.hmm...we had upgraded to one of those clean looking back to wall (not in-wall) toilet cisterns for all of our powder rooms. If anyone has this installed, can you pls share a picture of how the tap water connection from your wall goes into the cistern? I noticed yesterday that the tap is installed way too high, and looks like it will be concealed behind/inside the cistern. I wanted to install a bidet seat in the future, but can’t figure out if there will be enough space to install a T-junction on the water tap.

For some of the toilets they have different water inlet options, i.e. either inside the water tank (Cistern) or at the bottom of the toliet (external). If you want bidet seats to be extended later, ensure you choose the model with external water inlet at the bottom. But i checked in recee site for Porcher CYGNET toliet, the only option is water inlet inside the cistern
.. May be you can share the option here which will help someone going in that path..[/quote]It appears Porcher Cygnet canbe installed with a bottom water inlet with an optional flexible hose. We went with concealed back inlet.
Check the pdf attached.

ps. It said something about pdf files are nit supported. Lets see how this goes.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a3c38e59b2e6/9501856_Porcher%20Cygnet%20BTW%20Toilet%20Suite.pdf

Direct link to Reece

https://www.reece.com.au/assets/product ... rranty.pdf

Hmm, interesting info, may be two different Porcher Cygnet models... better to check which model customer are receiving.

This link says its only Back inlet
https://www.reece.com.au/products/pdf/9500065.pdf

Your link says its both
https://www.reece.com.au/assets/product ... rranty.pdf

World_Of_Waldorf
sinbox
Tips
[quote="sinbox"]Hmmm.hmm...we had upgraded to one of those clean looking back to wall (not in-wall) toilet cisterns for all of our powder rooms. If anyone has this installed, can you pls share a picture of how the tap water connection from your wall goes into the cistern? I noticed yesterday that the tap is installed way too high, and looks like it will be concealed behind/inside the cistern. I wanted to install a bidet seat in the future, but can’t figure out if there will be enough space to install a T-junction on the water tap.

.. May be you can share the option here which will help someone going in that path..[/quote]

These are the 2 options that the supplier of the bidets suggested if you have a back water inlet - I.e water supply inside the cistern like in my case. He also mentioned there are other options, but I’m awaiting those details to be sent to me:

Option 1 - Route the water inlet behind the cistern tank as per this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXDMi6kbns

Option 2 - the Porcher Cygnet model apparently also comes with a pre-drilled gromet on its side & a bottom outlet from the tank itself from where you could route a water pipe from. Using these options, you can go for a clean setup like so:

sinbox
World_Of_Waldorf
sinbox
[quote="Tips"][quote="sinbox"]Hmmm.hmm...we had upgraded to one of those clean looking back to wall (not in-wall) toilet cisterns for all of our powder rooms. If anyone has this installed, can you pls share a picture of how the tap water connection from your wall goes into the cistern? I noticed yesterday that the tap is installed way too high, and looks like it will be concealed behind/inside the cistern. I wanted to install a bidet seat in the future, but can’t figure out if there will be enough space to install a T-junction on the water tap.

.. May be you can share the option here which will help someone going in that path..[/quote]

These are the 2 options that the supplier of the bidets suggested if you have a back water inlet - I.e water supply inside the cistern like in my case. He also mentioned there are other options, but I’m awaiting those details to be sent to me:

Option 1 - Route the water inlet behind the cistern tank as per this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXDMi6kbns

Option 2 - the Porcher Cygnet model apparently also comes with a pre-drilled gromet on its side & a bottom outlet from the tank itself from where you could route a water pipe from. Using these options, you can go for a clean setup like so:

[/quote]

Just received more options from the supplier in case anyone is interested. Option 2 above is my preferred one...

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum