Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 77 of 862
Lunchtime
There is a lot of things that you will never pick up before handover that you wont realise until you move in. My take on it is that PD dont want to know about anything until the 3mths are up and then fix everything at once. In saying that, we have had a couple of urgent things corrected. (Deadlock function on the door locks not working - now fixed)

Were going to have to buy a note book just for 3mth issues, its suprising the number of small things that you notice

Hi Lunchy
What kinds of things did you only pick up once you moved in for someone who is hopefully moving in over the next 6 weeks??
fingers crossed
how soon after PD quality inspection is a PCI booked?

Hi fingerscrossed,

There are four Independent Quality Inspections that occur throughout your build. First is at Lock Up stage, second at Fixing, the third is your PCI at Completion stage, and the fourth is at Settlement.

Your PCI is done in together with your SS, who will take you through it and address any issues that need attending. If you have any further questions on your PCI, I recommend contacting your Customer Care Administrator and they can advise you and answer any questions you have.

Keep us updated with how you go.
Cheers, Jess.
Hi Lunchy
What kinds of things did you only pick up once you moved in for someone who is hopefully moving in over the next 6 weeks??[/quote]

Lots of small things rather than anything too significant. One that we picked up is that the aluminum along the top of the sliding doors were bent in places. Would have never noticed except it was picked up by our security door installer
Well I had my PCI today and it went quite well, the main thing they have to do are paint touch ups, remove a shelf that I originally requested to be removed, two roof tiles are broken and clean the bricks again..

I had an independant inspector send his report last night, my SS had that ready to go in the morning and knew about most of the items. He went through each item with me explaining why it was on the list and what he's going to do about it.

Hopefully things will get moving so I can move in late next week, Wednesday or Thursday hopefully!!
Victoria_g06
Well I had my PCI today and it went quite well, the main thing they have to do are paint touch ups, remove a shelf that I originally requested to be removed, two roof tiles are broken and clean the bricks again..

I had an independant inspector send his report last night, my SS had that ready to go in the morning and knew about most of the items. He went through each item with me explaining why it was on the list and what he's going to do about it.

Hopefully things will get moving so I can move in late next week, Wednesday or Thursday hopefully!!

What did the independant inspector pick up that your SS didnt?
excitednewhomeowner
Victoria_g06

What did the independant inspector pick up that your SS didnt?

Not much actually, one of my cupboards in the kitchen doesn't have laminate on one side .. broken roof tiles, debris in the gutters, my ensuite sink is filling up faster than it is draining.. found out theres probably some plaster in there blocking the pipes, a few of my windows have large scratches in them so they need to be replaced. My SS was good about the whole thing though, he liked the idea of new eyes looking at the house for defects.
Victoria,
glad your SS is able to acknowledge faults from your independant inspection.
I'm afraid mine doesn't acknowledge what is on my report, nor is he able to give any estimates on what or when anything will be fixed. I'm happy to go on national TV about how bad PD are, at the moment they are worse at customer service than many other industries. Getting frustrated now. Hw hard is an email, or phone call. And Construction managers are a waste of time
Hi everyone,

I'm very frustrated with porter Davis at the moment
;-(
Jess - I have pm u!
Let's c if u can help??

Mel
[quote="George's"]Victoria,
glad your SS is able to acknowledge faults from your independant inspection.
I'm afraid mine doesn't acknowledge what is on my report, nor is he able to give any estimates on what or when anything will be fixed. I'm happy to go on national TV about how bad PD are, at the moment they are worse at customer service than many other industries. Getting frustrated now. Hw hard is an email, or phone call. And Construction managers are a waste of time
/quote]

Hey there, honestly I have not liked PDs communication at all, they haven't involved me at all in the building of MY house. Ive had no regular walk throughs and ive found out more visiting the site than from my CSA. Right now I am thinking of the end product which is a very nice standard of house. I've been thinking of living in the house since site start!

I hope your SS at least pays attention to the major defects in your independent report! Good luck!
mel_mox
Hi everyone,

I'm very frustrated with porter Davis at the moment
;-(
Jess - I have pm u!
Let's c if u can help??

Mel

Hi Mel,

Thank you for your PM. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you've been having. I will escalate your details to the relevant staff at Porter Davis to see if they can offer any advice on the matter. Hopefully they'll be in contact with you soon. Until then, can I suggest you maintain regular contact with your CSA & SS & keep me updated with how you go. Regards, Jess.
karmaz
Hi Jess,

Still would like to know if New Home Care is a myth? Also, our flyscreens keep falling off and are coming apart. They seem to be of a standard that is not what one would expect from PD. We had flyscreens in the 20 year old house we lived in before this one and never ever had issues with them. Is this something the SS takes care of post handover?

Thanks.

Hi Karmaz,

I'm sorry to hear that you have these outstanding issues post handover. After handover you are appointed a New Home Care Coordinator to look after you and your build, they are responsible for booking maintenance appointments for you. Have you met with your NHCC at this stage? If not, and you're unsure of who your NHCC is, I suggest contacting your CSA or SS for help with your maintenance issues. Also remember that you'll have a 3 months maintenance inspection where defects will be pointed out and fixed. So I also recommend keeping a list of any maintenance issues you find so that they can be attended to. Please let me know how you go contacting your CSA. Cheers, Jess.
puppyso
Hi Jess,

I just want to clarify with you if PVC items will be honored as part of the contract or they are legally not binding?

I signed the contract because I was told that PVC items will be apart of the contract and overrides items in the contract.

Can you please reconfirm this as I have read different stories in regards to PCV items not being carried out during construction as it was not included in the contract.

tks
pup

Hi Puppyso,

To answer your question, if you have signed on the PCV items and they have been acknowledged & approved, then they are considered part of the contract and will override items in the contract. If you're unsure in any way, I strongly recommend contacting your CSA to make sure your PCV items are all in order. They'll be able to help you out and answer any questions you may have.
I hope that helps. Cheers, Jess.
HI Victoria
how much time do you give them to action the items you found when you did your PCI?
fingers crossed
HI Victoria
how much time do you give them to action the items you found when you did your PCI?

Hey fingerscrossed, unfortunately I am playing the waiting game again. I had PCI Tuesday and my SS said handover would be Wednesday/ Thursday next week but latest Friday. Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow about dates.

My SS also said he would call me "in a day or two" with the dates... tomorrow will be the third day after PCI. They really don't stick to any sort of timeline/ plan do they?
well we were told that we should be getting a call about our PCI - but I reckon its going to be Friday next week - they make it hard on everyone
fingers crossed
well we were told that we should be getting a call about our PCI - but I reckon its going to be Friday next week - they make it hard on everyone

Yep, they don't tell us anything! I got a call about PCI 5pm last Wednesday and they wanted to make it for 9:30am Monday... I had to move it to Tuesday but I think they take advantage of us wanting to move in quickly...
Any PD people know what "Maintenance Sheet has been sent" means on 24/7 comments?
Victoria_g06
fingers crossed

Yep, they don't tell us anything! I got a call about PCI 5pm last Wednesday and they wanted to make it for 9:30am Monday... I had to move it to Tuesday but I think they take advantage of us wanting to move in quickly...

I got about 2 weeks notice before PCI, the week before the PCI the SS & myself went for a walkthrough
SSAZ
Victoria_g06
fingers crossed

I got about 2 weeks notice before PCI, the week before the PCI the SS & myself went for a walkthrough

See that's what I would have liked.. Luckily my work was ok with me taking the morning off on short notice.. though my partner couldn't and he really wanted to check things over!

My SS and CSA do NOT like giving dates out.. they will never tell me anything.. I meant to be moving next week and still haven't had official word.. I'm starting to get a bit worried now..
Victoria_g06
Any PD people know what "Maintenance Sheet has been sent" means on 24/7 comments?

does it mean they have your list of issues from your PCI and thats the maintenanance stuff they need to complete?
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum