Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 721 of 862
Hurrow
Waldorf_Grange_Build
We passed on the wardrobes. Was quoted $1700 for each of the spare rooms and about $3800 for the master bedroom.

Each wardrobe comes with a shelf and hanging rail anyway.

Wow, we got quoted less than $1,700 for doing the whole WiR! That's with a bunch of hanging racks, some drawers and shelving.

We added simply an additional hanging rack to one wall in each robe in both wir in our master. It only cost $120. Even though they stuffed it up 3 times we thought that was cheap
Waldorf_Grange_Build

Very popular. We are doing this around our dining table very similar to this photo. We have a large window that takes up the entire wall though so maybe it wasnt smart to upgrade. Though i feel if we didnt the light would have been too dull for our living area. The two side windows also are large but were standard in our vancouver. We have also added block out rollers to them for privacy at night

Cant wait to see them finally in.. thats if we even get in!!!
Its been almost two weeks since our meeting with the CM and its fair to say the only thing completed within that time has been my WIR. Actually make that the last 5-6 weeks as nothing happened prior to that!!! We really thought after such drama and a site supervisor being let go, not to mention all the vandalism that took place relating too it that they would have picked up there game. Wrong! Still no new supervisor! No urgency whatsoever. No returned calls. This place are absolutely useless and could not care less..
ahuxtable
Guys - It's been a long time between visits (my Porter Davis Rochford was finished a couple of years ago) but thought it would be worth recommending the company i went through for plantation shutters and rollerblinds - check out iseekblinds.com.au. It made the Birk blinds quote seem nuts.

They build to your window sizes, and the quote and ordering is online. If i did it all again I would measure up a couple of months prior to handover so they're ready when i need them.

No affiliation with the company, just a happy customer - a year after with some getting direct sunlight, they look as good as new.

But they don't install them for you? I know we would need someone to come it and install them.
I'll check them out though, thanks!
I emailed our BC yesterday to ask if the second soil test had been completed. She has just responded stating that she has now been advised they will be going by the first soil report and a second one is not required.

Since the first one was complete we have had the demolition completed and removed a large number of trees and bushes. In the initial report it states that removal of these will affect the soil and likely improve the quality.

Am I right to think it's unheard of not to do a second soil test especially where it's a KDR?

We were also told there would be a high possibility our site costs would be reduced after the second soil test as all the trees would be gone etc.

Has anyone else not had a second soil test?
I should add we were also told there is a chance site costs can also go up. As it is we are 5k under our original estimate for site costs.
Ours went up after demolition. Odd they aren't doing a second one though. Doesn't make sense.
Yea I think it's very odd? I don't know whether I should push for one or not.
Its in our tender (signed again at contract) that they will do a second one .

5. Provide additional soil report and site survey, due to demolition works being incomplete at the time of initial testing. Upon receipt of revised soil report and site survey, the site costs will be reviewed and and debited or credit will be passed to the client by way of future variation.
nikil
Yea I think it's very odd? I don't know whether I should push for one or not.

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for! Ours did come down substantially, but I think it was high in the first place as they had few KDR in our area. Our engineering reports basically said that existing trees/roots should be maintained/managed to avoid future damage to the slab.
I'm really torn as to what to do. We were never planning to keep the trees anyway. They said that they make a huge difference to the moisture of the soil. I have emailed her back to ask why its not being done as it states in the contract that a second one will be done. I'' see what she says and if she still says no I think I will just leave it be.
Well never mind, this is the response.

Apologies, after further discussions with management, a second soil & survey is required. I have sent another email to the external company requesting this ASAP. I will advise when the report is completed.
Hi, did anyone avail of the hebel promo? Just wondering if PD will credit back any amount if you have 'feature render' and 'brickwork over garage' as part of another promo?

Thanks.
sencillez
Hi, did anyone avail of the hebel promo? Just wondering if PD will credit back any amount if you have 'feature render' and 'brickwork over garage' as part of another promo?

Thanks.

We did the Hebel promo, according to our sales consultant we should get some credit back for the render over the front of the house that we had as part of another promo. I think our BC said something along the lines of you'll find out how much you get back at tender, but that was in response to a whole bunch of questions about credits on various items.
For the Blinds - they do offer to measure / install for a fee, but it's really not hard (easier than a simple Ikea table)

The blinds come already built, it's really just putting the 4 pieces of the outer frame together, and putting the pin into the already installed hinges, then fitting the whole thing into the window frame

Probably the only part where you could mess it up is by supplying the wrong measurements. I remember their website has videos on all this stuff. I also got some tips from the guy (the owner) in their showroom upstairs (also good if you want to check colour / quality)
sencillez

Thanks.

We did get a bit of credit back but it says (approved by Management) next to it which suggests it wasn't automatic but something we had to ask for at Tender. Also we don't have an itemised credit list, just a total $ of everything you get a credit for so you can't see how much credit for each line item.
We have a roof!
It's gone pretty quickly from the slab...but we bought our place a year ago last month so it's not a fast process. And we knew from the start we where building with PD so got into gear quickly.
Lots of waiting. But so excited it's coming together now.
sunshine83
We have a roof!
It's gone pretty quickly from the slab...but we bought our place a year ago last month so it's not a fast process. And we knew from the start we where building with PD so got into gear quickly.

Looks great sunshine83, hope it continues this fast for you. We slipped again, not quite lockup yet!. I see ours isn't the only site that they leave the gate open!
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I came across this video blog of a couple building a Waldorf Grange, she covers some good points in the series of you tube clips for people starting their journey with PD, thought it's worth posting episode 1 https://youtu.be/rBUd58HAZMg
sunshine83
We have a roof!

Looks great! What colour is your roof?

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum