Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 62 of 862
luke11
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of building the Livingstone 27 with PD. what are your thoughts on the design if anyone is familiar with it. (I would put it up the plan but don’t know how)

This house you can play around with the standard Livingstone 21 design by adding more rooms to it. I am thinking of upgrading it with the 4th bed room, lounge, Rumpus and Alfresco.

I really like the Lisbon 24 with PD design as well but for not much for $$ the Livingstone 27 seems the better choice.

I tried to do a search on this house but can’t find anything about it on this forum, is it a new design?

Any feedback would be great. Cheers

Livingstone is a new design i think, have you looked at the smaller houses in the lifestyle range? like the Cottesloe 26, the 4 bedroom smaller ones, i think will not be much more than that design once all the upgrades but you get more inclusions in the lifestyle range, therefore your upgrades might be cheaper evening out in the long run, i do like the Livingstone 27 design though (not sure on the layout of the lisbon24) it was just a thought
Hi Just wondering - we would like to organise inspection of the house independantly, we are at fixing stage now and i dont know when i should have them come in - would like to do it before hand over but not too sure how long before hand

Thanks
fingers crossed
Hi Just wondering - we would like to organise inspection of the house independantly, we are at fixing stage now and i dont know when i should have them come in - would like to do it before hand over but not too sure how long before hand

Thanks

For my pre handover inspection, I got it done the same day as the PCI. Independent inspection in the morning followed by PCI after that. I made sure the SS included "Independent Inspection Report" in the PCI sheet.
SSAZ
fingers crossed

Thanks

For my pre handover inspection, I got it done the same day as the PCI. Independent inspection in the morning followed by PCI after that. I made sure the SS included "Independent Inspection Report" in the PCI sheet.

sorry what does a PCI? what kinds of things did the inspector find?
fingers crossed

PCI = Practical Completion Inspection. After the house is completed you will go through the house with the SS & list down everything that you think are not right. They then have 2 weeks to fix them and hand over the house to you.
SSAZ
fingers crossed

PCI = Pre Completion Inspection. After the house is completed you will go through the house with the SS & list down everything that you think are not right. They then have 2 weeks to fix them and hand over the house to you.

thanks!
Hi,
I've just received an email that the construction will start on 21/3/11! I signed the contract which has the site start as before 28/2/2011. Since PD charged customer extra $1000 if delay to March. My question is can I demand $1000 for their late start? No reasons have been give by PD for why it's delay. Anyone has encountered this before?
Thanks in advanced!
menang
Hi,
I've just received an email that the construction will start on 21/3/11! I signed the contract which has the site start as before 28/2/2011. Since PD charged customer extra $1000 if delay to March. My question is can I demand $1000 for their late start? No reasons have been give by PD for why it's delay. Anyone has encountered this before?
Thanks in advanced!

I'm pretty sure somewhere in amongst their fineprint and ** asterisks there is clause for them to not start when they say they will.
Quite honestly though, once they start it moves very fast and i'm pretty sure they'll make up time.
We've gone from nothing to bricks in 5 weeks, were supposed to have site start in December and ended up with 17th January.
menang
Hi,
Thanks in advanced!

You would need to speak to your CSA for a confirmed answer but I would say the short answer is No.

I agree it sounds unfair but to be honest anyone who reads a standard HIA contract from start to finish would quickly come to the conclusion that the content is there to protect the builder rather than the client!!

Chorlton
Menang, ours was delayed too and I got them to reduce contract days after a bit of a battle as their site start is supposed to be guaranteed. They are close to using all the quota of the contract days for our house and we haven't moved in yet. I am told that we will get the house just before the build time/contract days expires.
SSAZ, is it worth getting an inspection before handover? What are the kind of faults they find? Just curious, cause i'm wondering if it would be a little late at that stage for faults to be captured. Thanks.
karmaz
SSAZ, is it worth getting an inspection before handover? What are the kind of faults they find? Just curious, cause i'm wondering if it would be a little late at that stage for faults to be captured. Thanks.

Yes, I think it's still worth it, nothing major for ours, but there were lotsa small things that they have to fix. PM me your email & I'll forward you a copy of the final inspection.
We agreed with PD that we would start counting the days since the guaranteed site start month ended.
our contract of 192 days ended on the 20th Feb... I am now counting the weeks of rent PD owe us... I'd rather be in the house to be honest though...
Agree. Actual costs are far more than the compensation. I'm told we will get our house next week.

Thanks SSAZ, will PM you.
karmaz
Agree. Actual costs are far more than the compensation. I'm told we will get our house next week.

Thanks SSAZ, will PM you.

Have to agree with you there, what we are paying in both rent and mortgage far out weighs the $250 per week. Not to mention becoming impatient as we want to get in and start enjoying our new home
Site Start

Well.... after many months of driving around Melbourne to visit almost every Display home in Victoria, discussing colour schemes and staring at drawing plans, I came home tonight to see that the block has now been partially cut, and has an Excavator sitting in the middle of it !!!!

So at long last, we are now 1 day into the build of our new home

A Happy Chorlton
i was suprised today - got a call from the tiler who suggested that we change the colour of our grout from white to off white, meet him at the house and discussed in detail the layout of the powder room tile, why cant all of the contractors that PD use be like him! for one I have to say I was pleasantly surprised
Chorlton
Site Start

Well.... after many months of driving around Melbourne to visit almost every Display home in Victoria, discussing colour schemes and staring at drawing plans, I came home tonight to see that the block has now been partially cut, and has an Excavator sitting in the middle of it !!!!

A Happy Chorlton

YAY!
building1
Chorlton
Site Start

A Happy Chorlton

YAY!

Thanks Building1....
Chorlton
building1
Chorlton
Site Start

A Happy Chorlton

YAY!

Thanks Building1....

Chorlton,
looks like Melmox, you and I are all on a similar timescale
we started on the 11th and just had our slab poured on Friday, frame is starting on Monday
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum