Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 59 of 862
Ive got my colour/electrical appointment today, any last minute tips for young players??
Keep an eye on the costs

Seriously though, think about those things that are really hard to do later.
Titch101
Ive got my colour/electrical appointment today, any last minute tips for young players??

Include as many things as possible, it's easier to take them off during tender than to add them. Get the colour consultant & electrical consultant to give you some ideas if you are not sure of anything. They are there to help you.
Cheers I think we have pretty much everything sorted. Are there any other upgrades not on display that I should know about? I have heard about the bath upgrade for about $70-$90 but not sure if there is anything else that they may not tell me about. Should be a fun day I hope!!
Hi Chorlton,

I have posted the details of the independent inspectors couple of months back & I will paste the details here as it would be easy for you to look into.

Kevin McDonald - New Home Inspectors - http://www.newhomeinspections.com.au/

Kris Jones – Blue Square Developments - www.bluesq.com.au

Peter – Final Inspect -
http://www.finalinspect.com.au/

Darren – Darbecca Pty Ltd -
http://qaireporting.com.au/

Mark Whitby - whitbym@optusnet.com.au

Additionally, you can find out the inspection companies based on your location by navigating through the following link:

http://www.inspectionangel.com.au/vic

For your Information: I have hired Kevin McDonalds of New Home Inspectors for our pre-plaster inspection.

Hi SSAZ, thanks for your recommendation..............

Cheers, Roshi.

Chorlton
SSAZ
Lunchtime
When you get this resolved please let us know, our handover is supposedly coming up. (that is if my SS can stop giving lame excuses for poor quality tradesmen and finish the dam thing to an acceptable standard) And I can almost bet they will try the same game on us.

Hi Lunchtime, do you use independent inspector? That is the one thing I found worth paying for, because they also quoted the relevant building standards for the things that are not up to standard.

Hello SSAZ,

Hope all is well with you.

If I may ask, was it you who posted details on here of some Independant Inspectors a few months ago. If so, would you able to post their details again as I can't seem to find them now

Thanks in advance,

Chorlton
Ref Building Inspectors

Thanks to everyone for your prompt replies to my question.... I appreciate the info....

Cheers,
Chorlton
Can anyone tell me what brand/model internal door handles Porter Davis normally use in their display homes?
Hey Dear Friends,

I have a major concern with regard to the Pre-Plaster Inspection & the defect rectification.

Our SS informed us that the Pre-plaster inspection can be carried out about 2 days prior to the start of the fixing stage & was able to do it on a Thursday. On the proceeding week Monday early monrning I forwarded the defects list & SS said he will inform me in 1 weeks time after fixing the defects.

But last weekend when I went to the site to inspect, PD had started the fixing stage & all the internal walls has been covered with the boards. Some of the defects were there in the roof trusses, studs & insulation walls & at the moment it is not possible to see whether PD has fixed these defects or not.

Do you have any idea what is the step that I can take in order to verify whether these defects has been actually rectified or not.

Thanks so much for your replies in advance...
Roshi, speak to BACV, they will be able to advise you. Their number is 1300 557 559.

Blue, I think its Gainsborough and Lemaar. Check the promo brochure online, it has the details.
gumboots
Jess

The guy you had contact me re maintenance issues did call and upon hearing the issues promised to call back by the end of the week, if not within 48 hours to organise a supervisor to come out and start fresh. That phone call was Tuesday the first of Feb. Not heard anything and didn't get his name. I don't have anything on next weekend so happy to go sit outside the displays with my sign if that will help speed the process?

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for message. I'm sorry that the appropriate action has not been taken and will follow up with this issue with the relevant staff at PD. They'll be in contact with you soon to discuss these issues with you. Thank you for your patience.

Cheers, Jess
Hi Karmaz,

Thanks for the info on BACV.

Regarding the mortar colour, I can't see off-white on your mortar, its yellowish.. By the way I guess you have selected "Jarrah" & thought of sharing how it would look Jarrah with off-white mortar, as I have selected the same.

Unfortunately, I cannot upload the image here as I get the message, The board attachement quota has been reached. If possible PM me your email address, I can forward the pic to you.

Cheers..

karmaz
Here's a pic of our bricks. Off-white or natural mortar - what do you reckon?

blueblueblue
Can anyone tell me what brand/model internal door handles Porter Davis normally use in their display homes?

For Lifestyle it's Leemar
Hi Guys,

I have some serious issue here. I requested the bank to issue a cheque for my settlement in the next few days. We we confirmed when we would receive the chq, were told by CBA that the payment has already been made to PD. I am really upset that they have paid PD before my final inspection - not giving me an opportunity to query and ask them to fix things not up to standard.

PD has even declined to reimburse me.

Has anyone have experienced this? Any suggestions/advise would be appreciated.

cheers
Colour and Electrical went without a hitch and we are so happy with our choices, i suppose I should start a Blog soon but haven't got time at the moment.
A big thankyou to Melissa (Electrical) and Amanda (Colours) at Hopetoun, you made the day enjoyable and hassle free. Thank god we did our research first though, i couldn't imagine trying to make all those decisions on the day.
We had a walk through inspection with our SS on Friday and we were told that a water mark on our timber bi fold doors, told on Friday that sugar soap would get it out and today we went and had a look and well well well that water mark is now darker than ever !!! Seriously where is the quality control!!!!
cant seem to add a pic to show you
Team PD
gumboots
Jess

The guy you had contact me re maintenance issues did call and upon hearing the issues promised to call back by the end of the week, if not within 48 hours to organise a supervisor to come out and start fresh. That phone call was Tuesday the first of Feb. Not heard anything and didn't get his name. I don't have anything on next weekend so happy to go sit outside the displays with my sign if that will help speed the process?

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for message. I'm sorry that the appropriate action has not been taken and will follow up with this issue with the relevant staff at PD. They'll be in contact with you soon to discuss these issues with you. Thank you for your patience.

Cheers, Jess

Hi Lauren
Would love to know when the do finally call you - good luck
fingers crossed
We had a walk through inspection with our SS on Friday and we were told that a water mark on our timber bi fold doors, told on Friday that sugar soap would get it out and today we went and had a look and well well well that water mark is now darker than ever !!! Seriously where is the quality control!!!!
cant seem to add a pic to show you

You need to upload you pics to a file sharing website like http://imageshack.us/ and then link it to the board..
karmaz
Miss Piggy, just a thought. Why dont you ask to speak to someone senior at AAMI and explain your situation. They should be able to indicate whether or not your claim will be & the amount and expedite it given that you have so much riding on it. There should be service standards and if they do not respond within a certain period the Ombudsman is fantastic. Been there done that with great results.

Thanks for the info, we spoke to them today and they have sent the stuff we have paid out of our own pocket through to claims, we will call them on Thursday to see what they say they will pay pack, the other items that we have not replaced ourselves have been tested etc and we are waiting on that stuff to be approved for replacement once the guys who test the stuff gets the reports in but the bummer part is that we already had to let go the block we wanted and had on hold, as we need the deposit for it already due to them going to contract early, we are still hoping it will still be there when we do get the money back but have put it in our minds that we will just have to wait till the next stage

Hopefully on Thursday we are told we can get our cash back and the block is still there
Our Corinthian front door doesnt seem to meet the door frame and our door doesnt close against the frame. . The back of the door sits flush against the frame but the front of the door there is a gap of around 5-10mm away from the frame.

My SS is saying that this is normal, however I dont agree. It appears that the door isnt as thick as its suppose to be or either the frame is too big. I have been told that a lot of houses have this. Has anyone else have the same experience? Is it normal or should I be asking more questions
Can anyone give me the details of the gas ducted heating unit that PD is installing in their Lifestyle homes? I've been told it's a Brivis but that's all I know. We're still debating whether we lock in with PD this week before the price rise so I'm trying to sort out some of my outstanding issues. Another one is whether to use Heble. Has anyone done this?
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum