Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 58 of 862
Jess

The guy you had contact me re maintenance issues did call and upon hearing the issues promised to call back by the end of the week, if not within 48 hours to organise a supervisor to come out and start fresh. That phone call was Tuesday the first of Feb. Not heard anything and didn't get his name. I don't have anything on next weekend so happy to go sit outside the displays with my sign if that will help speed the process?
Here's a pic of our bricks. Off-white or natural mortar - what do you reckon?

Gumboots, how frustrating!! Do you have the name/number of someone senior in PD you can speak to?

Mel, looking forward to reading more on your build.
Hi karmaz,
Is the mortar wet?? It looks kind of off white in some places but darker in others.
Is it possible they used light yellow sand, which is still classed as 'natural' as that's what we had in our first home, and it looks very similar.
mimi23
Hi karmaz,
Is the mortar wet?? It looks kind of off white in some places but darker in others.
Is it possible they used light yellow sand, which is still classed as 'natural' as that's what we had in our first home, and it looks very similar.

Hi Karmaz,

I agree with mimi23, it looks kinda off white but doesn't look that off white.
SSAZ
mimi23
Hi karmaz,

Hi Karmaz,

I agree with mimi23, it looks kinda off white but doesn't look that off white.

I would still be asking what PD think because it looks at the moment too yellow, mine definitely looked grey. But yours is hard to tell at the moment. I wouldn't be happy with that.
SSAZ
Lunchtime
When you get this resolved please let us know, our handover is supposedly coming up. (that is if my SS can stop giving lame excuses for poor quality tradesmen and finish the dam thing to an acceptable standard) And I can almost bet they will try the same game on us.

Hi Lunchtime, do you use independent inspector? That is the one thing I found worth paying for, because they also quoted the relevant building standards for the things that are not up to standard.

Hello SSAZ,

Hope all is well with you.

If I may ask, was it you who posted details on here of some Independant Inspectors a few months ago. If so, would you able to post their details again as I can't seem to find them now

Thanks in advance,

Chorlton
Hi Chorlton,
I used Malcolm Axford of the Building Watchdog. He was thorough and his quote was reasonable. See: http://buildingwatchdog.com.au/ Good luck!

For my mortar, it was slightly wet from the rain but the colour seems to vary around the house. Might chat with the SS about it. Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Hi Chorlton,

We used New Homes Inspections www.newhomesinspections.com.au It belongs to Kevin McDonald (Big Kev), search for him in the forums & you'll see a lot of posts about him.
SSAZ
Hi Chorlton,

We used New Homes Inspections http://www.newhomesinspections.com.au It belongs to Kevin McDonald (Big Kev), search for him in the forums & you'll see a lot of posts about him.

Archicentre also can help they charge $495 but if you are a RACV member they give you a discount
sorry to be a pain but i would relly like to know what we can do about stairs which are n plans but in reality we dont need them these include stairs from the inside to the garage and the stairs from the laundry door to outside
fingers crossed
sorry to be a pain but i would relly like to know what we can do about stairs which are n plans but in reality we dont need them these include stairs from the inside to the garage and the stairs from the laundry door to outside

Hi fingers crossed,
Why are they no longer needed? If your builder is now stating they're no longer required due to different fill levels, then they won't be built.
Were you charged extra for the stairs your referring to?
If so, then I would be asking to be reimbursed for the cost.
mimi
mimi23
fingers crossed

Hi fingers crossed,
Why are they no longer needed? If your builder is now stating they're no longer required due to different fill levels, then they won't be built.
Were you charged extra for the stairs your referring to?
If so, then I would be asking to be reimbursed for the cost.
mimi

they are no longer needed as you guessed the fill elevls are different - we dont have a break up of the costs as we were quoted this a whole site costs amount but i will ask for reimbursement not sure how much to ask for
karmaz
Gumboots, how frustrating!! Do you have the name/number of someone senior in PD you can speak to?

It is frustrating, I was angry for a while and now I am just exhausted with it. Its is far beyond a joke really but I feel like thats what it is.

I don't have anyone - I called a week ago and asked to speak to someone senior in maintenance and... you guessed.. they said someone would call me back. Didn't hear from him either.

It's all well and good that every time I talk to someone they are resolute in getting the issues cleared up while I am on the phone with them, the issue is that nothing ever happens as a result of the calls - not even the promised return calls!

This is what I look at when I have a shower every day:

Yes, that is mould growing in the corner.

OMG - thats just amazing - have you sent them these pictures - I would!!!
Damb damb damb after about 6 weeks of working out what we can afford and picking out Porter Davis house we wanted (the Chadwick) we have had some issues the past couple of weeks and now cant do out build just yet! As i said a couple earlier (some of you might remember) our current house was hit by lightning a couple of week ago, no problems we have insurance and am sure it will cover most things, the problem is that certain things could not wait for Aami to come to the party (understandably they are flat out and taking longer than normal atm) we decided and they said we could to replace certain things and then they would reimburse us when the claim goes though,
So we did the Hot water service, one of the TV's, the PS3 & Xbox the heater and the cooler, washing machine all the other things like the other 4 tvs, dvd players, modem , dishwasher etc we decided we would just wait the month or so for.
Well we had a phone call from the real estate agent on Friday last week to say the block in the estate we had put in hold had gone to contract and we needed to pay deposit etc in 2 weeks ready to title in Aug, this is earlier than planned, damb damb damb i say because we used our deposit to pay for the items and are still waiting for Aami to refund, we told the real estate first off we would come in and grab the contract on Monday to look at etc, thinking the bank could give us the full amount of the block (including the deposit) but some Sat morning we started to think what if we dont get the money back from Aami, we did not want to put ourselves in the position of being short and not being able to put the house we want on it so rang and told him we cant do it, will wait for the next stage to be released, we thought it was not fair to hold onto it if we cant buy it and if it is still available when Aami do pay up we will still buy it but i dont like my chances, half had been sold on the day of release.
Shattered but we really dont want to put ourselves in a bad situation to start with, whats another 6 months
And hey who knows it might still be there but i doubt it!
another question - we have been offered flyscreens througout - what would be your general opnion - does this include flyscreens on sliding doors too?
fingers crossed
another question - we have been offered flyscreens througout - what would be your general opnion - does this include flyscreens on sliding doors too?

I wouldn't think so, because you can't buy flyscreens for doors, they are sliding doors with flyscreen material.. whole different product
I paid roughly 700 for 2 sliding door flyscreens. One on rumpus & 1 on balcony.
Mel
I forgot to ask for mine....I heard there are sliding door flyscreens you can retrofit?

Gumboots, have you tried BACV? They will advise you what to do. I'd be mighty annoyed to put it nicely.

Miss Piggy, just a thought. Why dont you ask to speak to someone senior at AAMI and explain your situation. They should be able to indicate whether or not your claim will be & the amount and expedite it given that you have so much riding on it. There should be service standards and if they do not respond within a certain period the Ombudsman is fantastic. Been there done that with great results.
fingers crossed

I agree with Victoria_g06 it only applies to windows, screens to sliding doors are an added cost.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum