Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 57 of 862
Team PD
Hi Lunchtime,

Have you brought this up with your CSA yet? They'll be able to discuss PD's policy on this in detail. I understand you've been in contact with the Building Commission, but I assure you our policy is put in place in the customers best interest to protect you from possible theft. If you are still unsure of the process, I recommend asking your CSA for a potential solution.

My friend is in complete stage with another big 5 builders in Victoria, and they agree with the builder to install the applicances after they get the tenant which they expect 2 - 5 weeks after handover. I'm not sure about the final payment though.
Question for all. How would I know if my mortar was natural or off white? We paid to upgrade to off white, our supervisor's building manager mentioned that it was natural. Is there any way I can tell the difference?
karmaz
Question for all. How would I know if my mortar was natural or off white? We paid to upgrade to off white, our supervisor's building manager mentioned that it was natural. Is there any way I can tell the difference?

Compare it to the slab, natural will look like the slab while off white will be a lot whiter.
karmaz

Haha, I'll tell you what is 'natural'

Here is a comparison of next doors mortar , which I was told was Places Homes "Brilliant White"

and mine...

I paid for off white mortar and I got normal **** grey.. still it's nowhere near white and still makes me mad!
Thanks Victoria, I think mine looks much more like yours. Going to ring the BACV today and find out if there is any way we can check. At this point, if they got it wrong, I'm not going to ask them to fix it. All I want is a refund of what I've paid if they havent done it as per the contract.
karmaz
Thanks Victoria, I think mine looks much more like yours. Going to ring the BACV today and find out if there is any way we can check. At this point, if they got it wrong, I'm not going to ask them to fix it. All I want is a refund of what I've paid if they havent done it as per the contract.

Can you get refund & a bit of compensation since you are not going to get them to rectify it? Probably render the front of the house?
mel_mox
Hi everyone,
Our build has finally began
official start date is today, yipeee.
I was told it would be tomorrow, did a drive by today & surprise, surprise site has been filled & cut.
See my blog for pics!
Can't believe how much dirt they put in!
Mel

Good to see you've started your build Mel

I was also surprised at the new level of our block, when we spoke at Tender they talked of 200mm which didn't seem like much, but in reality it makes a difference
looks like we are tracking to similar timeframes.
I'll keep an eye on your build, and get myself a blog soon
totally agree with SSAZ, render is a good option if it suits.
Hi Jess

Can you be able to clarify for me about contemporary stairs option 2.
The display house in Keysborough (Brookvale 50) has two stains to the stairs one for the threads (brownish colour) and one for the underblocks (black). If we wanted the same stairs in our house do we get one stain through out or two colours throughout?

Thanks
Thanks SSAZ, 46fan I like the sound of render. DH thinks that it looks like natural mortar so looks like we paid $1.3k for nothing. So tired right now, and disappointed too.
karmaz
Thanks SSAZ, 46fan I like the sound of render. DH confirms that it looks like natural mortar so looks like we paid $1.3k for nothing. So tired right now, and disappointed too.

Get them to re-point or render.
karmaz
Thanks SSAZ, 46fan I like the sound of render. DH confirms that it looks like natural mortar so looks like we paid $1.3k for nothing. So tired right now, and disappointed too.

Dont worry I feel the same, we paid for our house to look a certain way and now we have to change our outlook for the way it looks now
George's
mel_mox
Hi everyone,
Our build has finally began
official start date is today, yipeee.
I was told it would be tomorrow, did a drive by today & surprise, surprise site has been filled & cut.
See my blog for pics!
Can't believe how much dirt they put in!
Mel

Good to see you've started your build Mel

I was also surprised at the new level of our block, when we spoke at Tender they talked of 200mm which didn't seem like much, but in reality it makes a difference
looks like we are tracking to similar timeframes.
I'll keep an eye on your build, and get myself a blog soon

Hi George,
Yes blogging is so much fun

This forum inspired me to set it up.
Looking forward to seeing your journey too.
My csa called yesterday & said that retaining walls will be going in next week & slab booked in for 10 march!
Mel
Hi All the good people,

I just needed to understand what happens on the settlement day. I am meeting me SS at the site for final inspection in the morning, do we straight away go to the PD office to meet our CSA after this or will there be an appointment sometime later on the day. Paper work and handover the final payment - Is that all? Do you have any idea how long this might take?

I am just planning my day.....

Cheers,
foundation
Hi All the good people,

I just needed to understand what happens on the settlement day. I am meeting me SS at the site for final inspection in the morning, do we straight away go to the PD office to meet our CSA after this or will there be an appointment sometime later on the day. Paper work and handover the final payment - Is that all? Do you have any idea how long this might take?

I am just planning my day.....

Cheers,

Hi Foundation,

When I had my settlement, I met the SS on site & went through to make sure all the PCI items been rectified, then signed on the PCI sheet to confirm all been completed. After that I went to PD office to hand in the bank cheque & she gave me the keys to the house.

Took us 30 minutes to go through the house with the SS & 10-15 minutes at PD office.
THanks SSAZ,

Do you go straight to the PD office after the inspection with your SS? I just want to understand if the CSA is expecting us on that day and therefore is available when we hop in the office and dont need to wait etc......as I have not received any written/verbal confirmation on the timing from my CSA yet?
Hi Foundation,

Yes, we went straight to meet the CSC after onsite meeting witht he SS. I only waited for less than 2 minutes for her when I reached the office & less than 15 minutes later I walked out of the office with the keys.
Just wondering - on our plans we have at least 6 stairs leading from the laundry door to outside - now that the house has been built there would only be the need for 2 stairs are we entitled to a refund for 4 stairs which we wont now need??
no reponses

Jess can you please let me know about this!!
SSAZ
karmaz

Can you get refund & a bit of compensation since you are not going to get them to rectify it? Probably render the front of the house?

Ask them to render and paint not refund & compensation.
Might get some pics tomorrow and post them to see what you think. I drove around looking at some PD houses and they were clearly natural mortar. Ours might just be a different shade, though not the colour we expected. Would be nice if there was a building standard for such stuff.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum