Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 52 of 862
Sorry to quote again, just catching up on what i missed over the weekend while the power was out.....

mqtutor
Pinchy
Thanks so much for that link geoff7 that is very interesting reading regardless of who your builder is. I simply cannot understand why any builder would not want to allow a potential client to view such a major contract prior to signing - it certainly does not inspire confidence in me as a consumer.

Just curious, which builder does allow their clients to bring the contract home before signing?

Thanks

When we built we were allowed to have it before hand, the sales person dropped it off to us 5 days earlier so we could read it etc, you can see my thread if you want to know the company
Debra50
mqtutor
Debra50
Building.....only saw Tender Document at Tender Appointment.

What is in the Building contract?

Tender Appointment - our last opportunity to finalize, change, delete or add any alterations discussed from Sales and Colour appointments. We did not see Tender Document until this appointment.

Contract Signing - HIA Building Contract including Tender, Colour Selection, Soil Test, Builders Specifications and Contract Drawings were posted to us before Contract signing appointment.

Before Construction - Final Drawings were again posted to us to sign-off and check against our Building Tender to ensure all items we requested were drawn and correct as Carlisle Homes would construct our home according to these drawings.

Trust this is the information your looking for.

We are very happy with Carlisle Homes.

Who are you building with??

We had the same thing, saw tender @ tender appoint

build contract hand delievered to us days before

and final drawings posted to us to be bought in with us for our signing appoint
Hello we've been quoted $6557 to render the entire front facade of a Cremorne 42, i was wondering if this was a good price or not or if i should instead get a private render group to do the job instead?
SoniaPD
Hello we've been quoted $6557 to render the entire front facade of a Cremorne 42, i was wondering if this was a good price or not or if i should instead get a private render group to do the job instead?

Sonia,

I'm sure someone else on H1 has had their front facade rendered... not sure if it's the same house but definitely double storey... I'll see if I can find it for you
mqtutor

We are supposed to sign the contract this week. If we don't sign, PD will charge us late fee. It's all weird to me.

Did they charge you a late fee? We have delayed ours a they haven't done any soil tests yet but haven't been told about any late fees
Ok went to tender meeting today...
Wasn't to painful, but went to long as the things we had asked for prior had not been dealt with and a couple of phone calls could have got us all where we wanted to be.

Looking at it from a business perspective I can understand that they dont want to put docs out there as people may shop them around item by item and be a real pain plus also create a lot of work for nothing... However as a consumer it meant we spent around 5 hours and still need to wait.. couldn't take docs so now will have to go back and assuming everything is ok could sign then... if it comes over budget then we need to start crossing things off.. more time down.. and we are busy too!!!

But a few 3 minute phone calls could have meant we would have signed today... alas not to be.

We will not sign until we have a clearer understanding of costs, so guess we persist or need to move on.. at this stage we will persist a bit longer.
Question: what constitutes completion of the fix stage? Our garage doors are not on yet, sinks not in, shelving not complete. Invoice was sent to us on or round 20 December. I've held off paying so far as I don't think fix is complete. Advice please?
Hi karmaz,
Have a look at Porter Davis HIA Standard Contract on your 24/7 site or the copy you should have.
Looks like garage door is excluded.
mqtutor
mel_mox
excitednewhomeowner
We are currently set to start building in 1 month and the grass is currently around knee height in some areas. I'm guessing in 4 weeks it will probably be around 1m tall. Do you think its fine at this height or should i get the mower on it? I remember our SC saying our land has be accessible for the builders.

Hey excited home owner,
I just got a call on Friday from pd saying we need to mow our block.
Our grass isn't that bad really! Only about half a metre. They are planning to start in a few wks!
Mel

We organized someone to do ours for us

To hard with a hand mower!
To many weeds!
Mel
Do you guys bring the mower and mow the grass yourself or hire mower man to do it for you?

I got a congrats and welcome letter from the council with a warning for untidy lawn. omg.
Lunchtime
tstr1a
You have paid in your cost an allowance for portable toilets for the tradies to use. Why are they using your new toilet???? I would tell the SS to replace it with a new one.

Hi Jess,

Can you confirm if I should be having the toilet replaced as its now second hand. There is also the issue that I have paid to have these facilities available to tradies. Can you advise please. I am very ** off about it - pardon the pun

thank you

Hi Lunchtime,

I have been following up on this issue for you. I know that you've been in contact with your Site Supervisor and I'm happy to hear that the toilet seats will be replaced on the day of appliance installation and the toilets thoroughly disinfected. I am glad this has been resolved for you. Goodluck with your PCI today. Cheers, Jess.
SoniaPD

OMG... We paid $1200 plus for 80% of front facade. tooooooooooooooo high. you can render entire house with $6557
Hi
I asked today if the garage was at fixing stage and was told that double storey homes dont have this included - that its at the completion stage - doesnt sound right to me
Good to hear your issues have been resolved Lunchtime.

Sonia, I heard someone here got charged something like $3 k only to render a portion of the front so it looks like your quote is not far off that mark. Might be cheaper to get someone externally to quote as well, so you can compare.... We chose to leave things be for now, and maybe render later.

Geoff, our schedule 4 says fixing stage means the stage when all internal cladding, architraves, skirting, doors, built in shelves, basins, troughs, sinks, cabinets and cupboards of a home are fitted and fixed in position (Note excluding kitchen benchtops and baths)

Things that havent been completed as yet for us from this list are basins, shelving and the garage door, so I havent paid the fix invoice yet. Jess, would you be able to confirm whether or not garage doors are included in the fix stage?
Thanks Jess, you have got on here before I had a chance to say anything

Overall PCI went well, SS was very patient (full credit there) and nearly 5 hours later we had everything ticked off. Only one issue still out standing as we need to check the date of when one issue started being done a particular way and agreeded to make the change if it was this way before construction started. So we will see..........it wasnt a bad experience, but I am pleased its over. We have been under alot of stress of late with our 3 year old's health issues so its one less thing to worry about
fingers crossed
I have noticed that the tops (and I guess bottoms) of our doors have not been painted. I feel like this is lazyness on behalf of PD but apparently that is the standard. Is anyone able to advise what is the relevant standard? this was asked earlier but doesnt seem like I can find a response to this issue???

Hi fingers crossed,

To answer your question, it is standard practice to not paint the tops and bottoms of the doors. It is required to wet areas only and external doors ie: bathrooms, laundry, front door etc, but not bedrooms. If you have any questions or concerns about your doors, I recommend contacting your Site Supervisor, they'll be able to advise you on what is standard & answer any further questions you may have. Cheers, Jess.
karmaz
Good to hear your issues have been resolved Lunchtime.

Sonia, I heard someone here got charged something like $3 k only to render a portion of the front so it looks like your quote is not far off that mark. Might be cheaper to get someone externally to quote as well, so you can compare.... We chose to leave things be for now, and maybe render later.

Geoff, our schedule 4 says fixing stage means the stage when all internal cladding, architraves, skirting, doors, built in shelves, basins, troughs, sinks, cabinets and cupboards of a home are fitted and fixed in position (Note excluding kitchen benchtops and baths)

Things that havent been completed as yet for us from this list are basins, shelving and the garage door, so I havent paid the fix invoice yet. Jess, would you be able to confirm whether or not garage doors are included in the fix stage?

Hi Karmaz,

There is some information on what is addressed during the different stages on the PD blog here: http://blog.porterdavis.com.au/index.ph ... -and-when/.

To claim the fix stage as complete, your cabinets with sinks and shelving must be installed. In regards to the garage, this does not need to be completed in the fix stage. It's generally completed towards the end of construction, as it's not classed as a habitable room in the house.

Your Site Supervisor can provide you with a thorough explanation of what happens at each stage so I suggest giving them a call to clarify any questions you have, they'll be more than happy to explain the process. I hope that helps. Cheers, Jess.
Hi,

I am building a wembley 35 and at the moment the construction is at the Lock up stage.

I would like to obtain some information from you guys related to the following items.

- This is a double story house & we are getting the evaporative cooling with the promotion. But my question is : Is evaporative cooling effective during the summer when it reaches above 30C? If this is not that effective hoping to install an A/C at least to the master bed room & to another bed room.

- Any idea of the charges for Power points, Network points & for TV points with the external parties.

- I have enquired with PD for the Rain water tank, & they have advised us to place it after hand over. Will it be troublesome to connect to the existing water line if we install it after hand over. Any thoughts on the rates for the installation & for the tank.

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Cheers.
Hi Jess, Thanks heaps for that & for the link. I will wait until shelving and sinks are complete before I pay the invoice. Do you know if its possible to get a copy of the inspectors report? Just curious.

Roshi, our current house is a single storey and we find an a/c in the master bedroom is a lifesaver when the temps cross 40 degrees. Our evap cooling is great under 35 degrees, once it crosses that it doesnt make much difference. I imagine it would be no different in a double storey. We intend to put an a/c in our master just for those days.

No idea about your other questions. I recall that its about $55 per double powerpoint but best to check with your sparky. Good luck!
Roshi
- This is a double story house & we are getting the evaporative cooling with the promotion. But my question is : Is evaporative cooling effective during the summer when it reaches above 30C? If this is not that effective hoping to install an A/C at least to the master bed room & to another bed room.

Hi Roshi,

It depends on the humidity. If it is dry then evaporative is pretty good, but on a humid day, it doesn't help much.
We had ours switched on on New Year's Eve when the temp was around 40 & it brought down the temp inside the house to around 26
Hi,

I am hoping to hire an independent inspector for the Pre-plaster inspection of the house.

I have dropped an email to CSC & to SS with regard to the inspection appointment time.

Is it requiring mentioning the inspectors name & the company either to SS or to CSC at the time of requesting the grant to enter into the premises?

Awaiting for a response…………

Cheers….
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum