Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling Homes - Southern River WA Perth few questions!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1
Ok now to details.

Since Aveling Homes had everything ready (with 1 year to prepare) the plans went straight to council Early Mid June. Now I have a question!
Do they site scrape the land after or before building licence approval.
You see July 7th our files got trasnfered to construction side in Aveling and today we got a call from our new (loookerer afterer person thingy) saying they will be starting construction this week. I don't even know her name, so not sure if it's even a supervisor!
Today I was standing at the block when I got that phone call, I didnt tell her haha but I was - and the site had been scrapped already. No portallo, no pipes, no machinery. Does this mean the building is already approved, and so that lady is my supervisor?? I had thought since we have a tap at the block we had building approval, which turned out wrong, so am i right this time?

In terms of Aveling for those reading wanting feedback so far.
They're customer service is outstanding. So far. I've always been a little reluctant with them but they always seem to impress, maybe because I expect so little? I had one problem which resulted in my house flipped the other way which to this day, I still think I'm right but anywho, they are great so far but they have had a lot of time to think hahaha!
Will keep questions coming along with photos.

Also what's some main big problems you expect to see when building a house?
And if they take longer then they're (so and so) days to build the house, what happens? What can I do? I read somewhere that the contract has to have a $$ per day on there, otherwise you cant do anything but wait? Is this true? I heard Aveling build fast and good, and so fingers crossed they continue to preform well.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have scraped it without the building license. The tap doesn't need council approval but is still a good sign. The lady you were speaking to is probably your customer liaison, rather than the site supervisor.
I think the standard hia contract allows close to a year before they have to pay
Liquidated damages, so it's unlikely they'll take that long.
Slabs around me have been done before portaloos.

I think that's all you asked.

Good luck, hopefully well both be building soon.
Oh, and we need a plan! H1 rules you see.
Yay congrats, I will be following this thread for sure, aveling homes are beautiful, their display in st Leonnards is lovely, and like redink u can make as many changes to customize it as you like!!!!
They were our 2nd choice but we decided on redink, I believe the quality of avelings Finnish to be 2nd to none!!! (I'm pretty sure they are part of zorzi group and their homes are majestic)
And yes, photos are a must!!!!
Thanks Teresa! They put the steel on ours today, so I think the house is approved! But i think your more than right on the lady who called me Hoping for slab down nxt week! Have they gotten onto yours?

Hey Leona I read your house thread. your unique house design is so good! We were going to go with red ink homes too! Not quite sure why we didn't to be honest, I think we were just on Avelings spell haha!
great minds think alike id say!!!

yes!
Yay!! I saw a few out there and wondered if one was yours. Conslabulations!!
haha Now just waiting for bricks and door frames. what about you, what are you up to now?
nothing new yet on site, hoping they pull thier fingers out soon and get it moving
Ah lets hope so
Plate height and Slab are the two longest waits, after that it'll be hopefully lightening speed.

Woohoo! Congrats
need more pics!!!!!
im a pic piggy and im watching this space
i am sure you have had your colourbond/roof tile moment and i wanna seeeeeeeeee
xx Leona
If his house is the one I think it's not quite got a roof on yet, but getting close

Hi,

I'm going to build with Avelings too and I'm a bit worried about the costs for additions from the inclusions, so if anyone can brief me on what additionals you've included at prestart and the price that would be great!!!
Related
22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

23/05/2023
Demolition Questions

Building A New House

We had this happen to us last year and got charged a variation. Try and give away as much as you can that is usable to charity otherwise if you are in Sydney I have a…

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum