Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Austral Homestead Tan (New Range)

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has built their house (or is in the process of building) with the new Homestead Tan bricks from Austral. I understand from Austral that they have changed their Homestead Tan bricks a few months ago. The new bricks have a slightly different texture (seems more porous) and colour (darker). I would appreciate if you could share some pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Audicieux.
Aaaahhhh our Austral debarkle comes up all over again

We put aside 15000 bricks with Austral so that we could build our home. Unbeknown to us, they didnt have any more Homestead Tans so were giving others pallets from our reserved batch. When we needed the last few bricks for our home (3000?) we were told there were none left
We were furious! After very heated words, they organised to have some brought in from Sydney. When they arrived they werent only a different colour but a different SIZE. hubby refused to accept them, delivery driver refused to take them back to the yard ... yadda yadda.... a few months later we eventually got the rest of the bricks we needed

They look identical to the ones we originally had, so perhaps they werent from this "new range". Im actually hoping they are darker infact, as our next door neighbour has chosen the same window colour and brick colour as us so it would be nice to know our houses wont look identical...

If you ask Austral, they should be able to give you a list of addies that have used them. Next doors brickies should start in about 2-3 weeks so I can post photos then too
Related
17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum