Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone else building in Glenmore Ridge?

Page 40 of 41
stage 16 is now live, hello NBN. Just have to wait now for my street to appear in the NBN database so my equipment can get installed.
finally up & running on the NBN, speed is great & getting the same wired as wifi.
the woolworths purchase of land of glenmore ridge is back on again, accc decision is scheduled for 6th june.
hi everyone! we have just secured a block of land here too. reading this now though has got me a bit worried. All the bushfire talk has got me scared too, we are right opposite the reserve.

What do i need to do to find out more about the bushfire regs? we are classed BAL29 are we going to be up for $$$$ EBH told me that all the fire protection stuff has already been included in our H&L package. i dont really want any further costs thrown in along the way. we can still back out at this stage will only lose 2k paid holding dep a week ago. So frantically trying to find out what i can. We were going to buy established in GP but thought the ridge and mulgoa would be nicer. i hope those dam hoons disapear really quickly. i live down here plumpton at the moment and im moving to what i thought would be a nice safe area for my kids
renski,

it has all settled down now as more homes have been built in the ridge. I have been living there for 5 months now & I like living there. as far as your fire rating I would have this checked as some of the builders are basing everything on old info. there are other houses facing the reserve that have been changed to a 12 rating. these blocks were along bluestone which is directly opposite the mulgoa nature reserve. some of these builders rip you off with fire rating costs especially eden brae homes.
rosewood
renski,

it has all settled down now as more homes have been built in the ridge. I have been living there for 5 months now & I like living there. as far as your fire rating I would have this checked as some of the builders are basing everything on old info. there are other houses facing the reserve that have been changed to a 12 rating. these blocks were along bluestone which is directly opposite the mulgoa nature reserve. some of these builders rip you off with fire rating costs especially eden brae homes.

Thanks rose! im so glad its settled down now! thanks for that tip on the fire ratings too, our block is on bluestone so should i ring the council to find out or is it the RFS? id LOVE to have it changed to a 12 rating that would be sweet. 29 is just a little high for my liking as far as extra costs.
your 149a should have your fire rating on it, some people have a report done which is about $300
you can ring the rfs & speak to someone there. The original report stockands had done was all wrong.

some builders charge you for double glazed windows but it does state that's only if your windows are lower than 300mm from the ground.
What is the council like with landscaping? do we have to get it done straight away? was hoping to do the fences and a retaining wall we need, then level off and maybe turf and just leave it at that for now.
it depends if you go through council for your DA or through a private certifier. With mine I had a tree planted at the front & the back as per stocklands landscaping essentials . some people submit their landscaping design to stocklands but I didn't .
All I have done is retaining & fencing & turf.
Ah that's great rose thanks. Exactly what we want to do for now
3rd Woolies in the area, no go!

http://www.glenmorepark.info/2013/06/06 ... -rejected/
no surprises there
Yes and no. Common sense would have suggested it was a given but as your run of previous updates suggested, it wasn't a clean cut decision overnight and although the argument was heavy weighted one way the outcome still had to made. Interested to see where things go with it now.
Be interesting to see what woolworths reponse was as it took them from nov last year to june to submit their response. I am quite happy to shop at the town centre centre but the parking is a bit of a nightmare. It will only become worse when the estate is fully built with houses & then mulgoa rise. I did see a suggestion that stocklands might develop it themselves & then sell it off.

however it looks like woolworths want a fight -http://www.afr.com/p/business/companies/woolworths_to_take_on_accc_over_mM00WuUiJxTzaLtvFZQ14O
Rose heading back to the landscape plan. i found out our builder charges $800 for the landscape plan to be submitted to council. I rung stocklands and they will accept a customer drawn one i just need to ring council to find out what they need for the DA approval. According to what you did though the council may not even need a plan either? hopefully i can save myself $800
I received my approval from stocklands without submitting a landscape plan, didn't put anything through council as I had a private certifier. If your DA goes through council I would assume you have to submit it also. I have seen eden brae's landscape plan & I am sure you could do a better one yourself. As far as stocklands require is a tree at the front & back & retaining wall in view from the street should be a stone & not treated pine. security doors to be not a patterned grill & made of a fire proof metal wire.
Jump on to the councils DA tracker, use the ones already submitted in your area as a guide.
thats a good idea checking out landscaping plans on the da tracker however I did check & there does not seem to be any available.
Oh da tracker sounds pretty cool. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks heaps for that

Where are those developer guidelines Rose as the PDF I have only states the trees.

I've spoken to Council and RFS and 3 3rd party assessers today as I'm determined to get our block BAL changed to 19. I want some cash back
http://www.stocklandcommunitiesnsw.com. ... esign.aspx

is this the one you already have,
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum