Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone else building in Glenmore Ridge?

Page 8 of 41
nexcent
I'll trade a block of flats for a different colour fence any day

As much as the applications go through i-scope initially and this can hold up your application to council, I can't see how anything in the Design Essentials can be policed from there on in? Does someone from Stocklands come out later? What power would they have once it's done? I assume it is out of Councils hands, its not legislation of any kind, is it?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the guidelines but I just can't see any follow up inspections, little alone enforcement.

Interested to hear what they come back with.

Thats exactly what i was told yesterday... get in first i think will be the order of the day if you are worried about multiple fence colours!
Well very interesting regarding the fences. I prefer the darker coloured fences and woodland grey was fine but even now there will be a mix of wood/colorbond and now different colours for colorbond.

It is going to look like one big patchwork quilt. I liked the idea of all wood fences when first reading the fences guidelines although prefer colorbond and now that we can have colorbond the one colour choice was good but now it is just a free for all. I only have 2 neighbours as we are on a corner block, hope we get in first though or the neighbours do woodland grey.
I made a few phone calls today, Stockland are going to follow up on this, as it is not part of the design guidelines, however at the end of the day it cannot be enforced. I also made a call to the builder, and lets just say, I don't think they really care now that it is up. So if anyone has the time, a few phone calls and emails may just help. The builder said that they only received the email recently stipulating that they must have colourbond, why is it that they were the only ones that did not get the email we did, to state, woodland grey...

here is an extract of the email....

New Fencing Guidelines

Good afternoon,

Stockland wishes to inform residents of the following fencing requirements which impacts lots in both the East and West precincts that are in close proximity to the riparian corridor.

Eastern Precinct (Stages 1- 13):

All Lots which are fronting the Riparian Corridor along in the Eastern Precinct will be required to build Colourbond fencing (Woodland Grey). This includes any lot that is affected by any Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) rating as per the diagram attached.

Those lots which are not affected by any bushfire rating on the Eastern Precinct will have the option of installing timber fencing as per the previous guidelines or Colourbond in Woodland Grey.

Western Precinct (Stages 14-19):

Due to the proximity to the Riparian Corridor and Mulgoa Reserve, the majority of lots in the Western Precinct are bushfire affected. For consistency, every lot will be required to have Colourbond fencing (‘Woodland Grey’).

The Design Guidelines for the Western Precinct are attached in this email.

The reason for the variations to the standard fencing requirements (Design Guidelines) is simply to ensure that affected lots are able to have consistent measures taken to provide protection in the event of a bushfire and to provide a level of aesthetic consistency across the Glenmore Ridge community.

Please note that each lot is required to obtain an individual bushfire assessment as per planning requirements.

What do you think, could you miss the colour????
Personally I think a blanket e-mail out to residents for such issues is pretty poor and not surprised things have gotten messy.

We recently received an e-mail in regards to setbacks advising they will assume one side of the property unless they hear from us. If we failed to receive this for some reason or another (spam filter?) and reply we would be stuck with a driveway on the opposite side to the garage, costing even more to repair and then having to cut in our own.

Assuming that an e-mail will be received is a big call for issues of such importance, an e-mail to a builder could take days to get to the relevant person responsible or possibly never even make it. Is the builder even on the same list as us? They may not own the land and therefore its unlikely they are. Friends of ours had to update their details with the developer only after I pointed out they were missing out on important e-mails and forwarding them on to them, no follow up on the developers behalf for the e-mails that were potentially bouncing.

Unfortunately its more then likely the beginning of what is yet to come. The developer has made their sales, no need to impress anyone now. Hopefully there is more common sense from residents and the standards are set and met there, talk to your own neighbours and do your best to get it right in your area, what happens elsewhere is someone else's problem I guess.

Joys of building
Well after finding out the council stopped the clock last thursday, it was because they could not find that teeny tiny stockland stamp and they needed a bushfire report.

Well thumbs up wisdom did the report today and submitted it today, so hopefully we see a rubber stamp this week.

Then the next wait begins - them getting on site....

As for fences I missed a call from Misha, hopefully its a positive call for an update, time will tell.

good news is one of the builders down near drew and renee is putting up the woodland grey, so at least they got it right!
Lot927
Well after finding out the council stopped the clock last thursday, it was because they could not find that teeny tiny stockland stamp and they needed a bushfire report.

Well thumbs up wisdom did the report today and submitted it today, so hopefully we see a rubber stamp this week.

Then the next wait begins - them getting on site....

As for fences I missed a call from Misha, hopefully its a positive call for an update, time will tell.

good news is one of the builders down near drew and renee is putting up the woodland grey, so at least they got it right!

Interesting they can do a report in 1 day... have you considered that they already had it done and did not submit the report to see if they could get away with not having bushfire impact on your block? I know the builders hate it as they have to do loads of fiddly stuff when bushfire impacted..
Drew, I provided a lot of info to them, and the report is pretty straight forward, considering its a BAL 12.5 and we are on the edge of it. The person we are dealing with is very much on the ball and we have been discussing the possible issue well before this. So we were pretty prepared. Its the council we are waiting now waiting for. What is really frustrating is the 2 week neighbour notification period, that slowed things down. but I do agree they do not like fiddly things but already the person I am dealing with is starting the final wrap up of our file, she sent me some stuff yesterday to do final sign offs in preparation for the rubber stamp. So I am lucky to have someone that is good at their admin and communication.

We ended up changing our panel door colour from jasper to surfmist.... I really hope its the right choice with our brick colours - its been the only thing we have continually debated about.

We are using Symmetry earth which is a pretty dark brown brick and because its a double storey we were worried about too much brown especially considering downpipes gutters etc are all jasper. So we have decided to go lighter to brighten things up. We will be having two single doors, rather than a double door, because one door is set back a little.

Fence update... Misha called me, they are contacting the builder today as all builders did get the correspondence about the fence colour, plus that development was approved initially timber cap and lap, so in essence they should have followed the guidelines.

Stockland will also be re-communicating the fence guidelines to ensure that residents/builders are adhering to the colours. The good thing is that the builder down near drew has put up the right colour so we should see that follow through.
Hello Cass,

Call your brick supplier... I called mine and they gave me addresses of houses that had built in the brick we choose and I am sure you will find one with a jasper coloured door!

PS... spoke with fence installer today... They have a new colourbond fence that is called a (zigzag) which means that it looks the same on both sides of the fence and is the same price as a normal colourbond fence.
$640K - you lil' beauty!!! I hope it actually sells for that, then we'll all have something to smile about

I have my fingers crossed that the house next door to us does something nice in regards to fencing…..either stick with stockland design guidelines or a woodland grey colourbond but nothing else please!! Why would a builder choose Surfmist - it would look way too light.

We are just waiting on finance to come through and then our builder has everything to start construction YAY!!! This has been the longest process ever but hopefully it goes quickly from here on in. We seriously can't wait for handover! I'm so excited to pack…..geez that'd be a first LOL.
Ess - great news that your builder is ready to go... your strip in the street is almost complete and its looking great!

Yes, I hope the fence problem will be solved, if it was my neighbour I would spray it on my side, the white will just be way too bright. - its more of a coastal colour.

Still no rubber stamp - oh well another day waiting.
KEYS IN 2 WEEKS
whoo hooo better start packing!!!!
Yeah we have just started packing for the 2nd time in 6 months... Spent the weekend putting lots of stuff on Ebay... I dont want to move it!
We did that when we sold our last place. our whole home fits into a single garage and we are living in a caravan we really culled our stuff.
Hi all

I just noticed the first resident has moved in! The Janson home, the first to be built, their was a car in the drive way and some other bits as a tell-tale we have the beginnings of our neighbourhood!

Us, still in council....... waiting waiting.....
Hi all I have news re the surfmist fence!!!!

The builder has agreed to take the panels down and replace with woodland grey and spray the posts... so its a win!!!!

I am glad I have pursued this with the builder and stockland and with stocklands help they have managed to get the builder to fix the fence colour!!!!!
We have council approval!!!!
Lot927
We have council approval!!!!

congrats!
we just got back, and the slab is getting laid tomorrow!
it is real busy out at the Ridge,
Great news 734 - I think I did a drive by the day they cut your land!!! great news!
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum