Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone else building in Glenmore Ridge?

Page 6 of 41
georgiegirl
Hi CamKat, you stole our block!!! We were originally looking at putting a deposit on block 701, but it was taken before we could decide! Anyway, we now have block 801 (cnr tall trees and sunset terrace). Can I ask if you got the 5% deposit deal?

Also, are you coming to the residents bbq tomorrow? Hopefully the rain will hold off...

Hi Georgiegirl,

Yeah we did the 5% deposit deal MJH had. We went out and had a look at the display home at Oran Park on the Saturday and we loved the Havana One it had everything we wanted, so we arranged to meet with Brett the next day at Jordan Springs he gave us the address we drove out and looked at the block that afternoon and it was perfect, plus with everything they offered in the house and land package it was to good to pass on, so pretty much the next day we paid the deposit to secure the package, Brett did say he had other buyers interested that must of been you, i am glad that you were able to secure another block though.
What house are you building? We just had our colour appointment and Lee was great i highly recommend her!
We may be heading to the bbq today if the rain holds off.....

Katie & Cameron
I am not sure if anything will be on today, doesn't look like the rain will ease today.
We saw your block yesterday and it had been cleared so you must be close to getting your slab down....
Have you seen anyone else on here that is from our section of Glenmore Ridge?

lot734
Hi,
we are building with Elderton Homes
we have a modified Lautondale
http://www.eldertonhomes.com.au/admin/u ... 110114.pdf

I wonder if anything will be on today?

CamKat
lot734
Hi All,

We have just signed final contracts,
20 days til we go to site and lay the slab,
Does anyone know how to find out who your neighbours are?
Thanks
Richard D

Hi Richard,

We are sort of your neighbours!
We are lot 701 which is the opposite corner on Tall trees and Domus.
Who are you building with?
Cameron and Katie
Ok I just called Misha, and because everything is already organised, they are going to go ahead with what they can. I think we'll go at least for the community update. Plus, we live in Glenmore Park anyway, so it's only a couple of minutes for us.

Hope to see some of you there!
wow... I wonder if they will get marquees in or something. We were going to go but with rain just thought it would be way too wet.

Great to hear more and more people joining our thread. We are in Foothills Terrace lot 927. We are still stuck in council.. so quite a few more weeks before we can even start. The Havana is one of our favourite singles as well as the monaco. But neither would fit on our block.

CamKat - you have choosen a really nice home we look forward to seeing your building progress.
Quote:
Hi Georgiegirl,

Yeah we did the 5% deposit deal MJH had. We went out and had a look at the display home at Oran Park on the Saturday and we loved the Havana One it had everything we wanted, so we arranged to meet with Brett the next day at Jordan Springs he gave us the address we drove out and looked at the block that afternoon and it was perfect, plus with everything they offered in the house and land package it was to good to pass on, so pretty much the next day we paid the deposit to secure the package, Brett did say he had other buyers interested that must of been you, i am glad that you were able to secure another block though.
What house are you building? We just had our colour appointment and Lee was great i highly recommend her!
We may be heading to the bbq today if the rain holds off.....

Katie & Cameron

I hate to tell you, but we are building the Havana One as well, on lot 801. With the same facade as you. It was supposed to be a different facade, but we both only liked the balinese resort. We will be sure to pick different colours to you though. We did manage to get the 5% deal as well, and we really couldn't have done it without that as we already have a mortgage.

I checked out your blog, and it helped me greatly. I also thought that we would be able to pick whatever colours we want so knowing we won't going in (ie that they're in packages) will help. I'm just dying to get to the colour appt to see what we can get!

We might see you today. It looks disgusting out but apparently they're going ahead with the event. Never mind we can all get soaked!
CamKat - I just joined your blog.. love your colour choices. Your kitchen will look fantastic!

We are going to brave it with the kids... rain coast and umbrellas... hope so some of our forum members there!
@Lot927 - Thanks, we are looking forward to seeing it progress! We will be signing the contracts this week and sending everything back to the solicitor and then wait to see what happens from there. It was good having colours already picked out and just choosing the ones we liked, made it easier. Thanks we both really like the colour of the kitchen and the different colours for the overhead and under bench cupboards should look great.

@georgiegirl - That's ok. Havana One is a great house. I am sure there will be a few popping up in the estate. It was a toss up between this facade or another one, but decided to stick with this one.

When do you have the colour appointment booked in for? It took us a while to get booked in. They also didn't have all the samples at the showroom for the colour package we choose, as you would have read on the blog.
We haven't heard anything about the colour appointment
so I don't know if we've been forgotten! We paid the deposit on Sept 3rd and just got the contract Friday. They stuffed up our quote (someone couldn't count properly), so we're now being charged $5k extra. I think I'll email Brett and hassle him about the quote and the colour appointment now!

When did your colour appointment get booked?
@georgiegirl - we heard from Lee on the 6th Sep and booked it in for the 23rd. Bummer about them not adding the total up properly.
We braved the jazz in the park with out the Jazz and had lots of rain instead. It was great to see Esther and Tim there. My kids enjoyed the pizza and little icecreams.. they were the only kids there....its a shame the rain took over but it was good chatting to staff from stockland... so now its back to the waiting for us....
@Annette - hope all works out for you in the search for your new home & lifestyle outside of Penrith. Such a shame we won't be neighbours though
The search begins again……anyone own lot 210 or 212?

@GeorgieGirl & @Cameron & Katie - welcome to my forum!! It's so great to see new members. Our community is really coming together. We too are building the HavanaOne! Sounds like it's everyones favourite MJH design
We loved it from our 1st visit to Oran Park and love the Jordan Springs display too! The whole MJH team are so friendly and helpful. We should be starting construction towards end of October and we can't wait

@Richard - Your chosen design is very similar to the Havana floor plan….not long now and you'll have action on your site!

@Cass - lovely seeing you & your family today at Jacaranda Puddle lol……such a shame the sun wasn't shining for us to enjoy a picnic….oh well there's always the next Stockland function.
Totally agree that the wood-fired pizza's were a hit today in the wet conditions.

@Drew - The front facade of your house looks amazing…..we've picked the similar colours. So lucky that you'll be moving into your house over the next month and sounds like you've already made a few friends in your street.

Have a great week everyone and hopefully the rain stays away so the tradies can do what they do best

Cheers
Esther & Tim
http://lot211glenmoreridge.blogspot.com/
We were at Jacaranda Park today too, but must have left too early to meet both you guys. Shame, but I've picked up a spring (tho you wouldn't know it from the weather!) cold and just couldn't handle the freezing weather any longer.

Never mind, am sure we will meet at the next event. This site is on my list of faves now, and we will have our own blog up and running soon enough.
[quote="essilou

@Richard - Your chosen design is very similar to the Havana floor plan….not long now and you'll have action on your site!

Cheers
Esther & Tim
http://lot211glenmoreridge.blogspot.com/[/quote]

Everyone else chose a very similar plan to mine
Well, we got our response from McDonald Jones. As I explained before, they had the subtotals for the house and the land correct, but added it up incorrectly. We found out when we received the contract (the solicitors noticed it, not McDonald Jones) that it was going to cost an extra $5k. I asked if we could meet half way, or if they could add something for us (anything really, just so we didn't feel we were being rorted!) but...no. Just flat out no. They've asked if we want our $3k deposit back, and we're very seriously thinking about it.

Anyone else had an experience like this?
Hello everyone, we are in stage 11 awaiting registration early next year. We will be building with Allworth.

We've found this site great for ideas and ample knowledge on building a new home, first time building we appreciate the insight.

Before the fun even starts we have been hit with a dampener, I have recently discovered a $neaky Develop application in our street for a greedy townhouse/villa/studio apartment application cramming 8 residence on one 1000m2 block, very little parking, terrible street presence and a list of other faults I won't go into here. I found this by chance through the Council DA tracker. As we are not registered and do not yet own the land we have not been notified of this development besides a small ad in the local paper.

Looking into this further I have discovered a number of these going throughout the estate, no surprise for a lot of the areas as we even knew of one already in ours but the fact is many have purchased land expecting single detached dwellings, maybe dual occupancy but will get a nice surprise when one of these monstrosities pops up.

So, besides the introduction to the site that has given us great info for our build, I thought I would add to the knowledge and point out that it is worthwhile to checkout before and after purchasing what is about your property. Do yourself a favour and check-in with council what's in the planning (or what you may have already missed) If you want to look more into our particular issue, check out our blog.

Cheers guys
Hi nexcent.

We looked at the blocks in that section a few months back and we were told that apartments or something similar was being built in that area. Not good that you were not told.

I also notice that Lot 734 is going to be subdivided into 14 x lots, so I wonder if this will be townhouses/villas/studio apartments? This is just around the corner from our block on Tall Trees Drive.

Yes there does seem to be a few of these developments popping up in the area.

I found a document the other day with all the planning of the area, regarding bus routes etc and number of houses/townhouses/villas/studio apartments etc... Here is the Link
CamKat
Hi nexcent.

I also notice that Lot 734 is going to be subdivided into 14 x lots, so I wonder if this will be townhouses/villas/studio apartments? This is just around the corner from our block on Tall Trees Drive.

i wish i could split my lot, but 14 into 580 does go that far
lot734
CamKat
Hi nexcent.

i wish i could split my lot, but 14 into 580 does go that far

Haha, sorry Richard I meant 743
CamKat
Hi nexcent.

We looked at the blocks in that section a few months back and we were told that apartments or something similar was being built in that area. Not good that you were not told.

Yes there does seem to be a few of these developments popping up in the area.

I found a document the other day with all the planning of the area, regarding bus routes etc and number of houses/townhouses/villas/studio apartments etc... Here is the Link

Hi CamKat

We put our deposit down in May-June on the understanding that there was high density housing of some sort planned for the larger blocks backing onto Bradley and Glenmore Ridge Drive (Lots 1110 & 331). This particular development is nestled between future and existing (Blue Hills) detached single dwellings in the middle of a minor local road (lot 1120), it's this one we were not advised on. We were told due to it's size there was a possibility of a duplex/dual occupancy and nothing more.

Speaking to council it seems it is loud and clear that this developer is getting greedy and it sounds as though the proposed developments wont just smoothly work their way through council.

The document you have linked to is the DCP, Development Control Plan for Glenmore Park 2 which was created to protect the residential framework in which was envisioned by Council. It is the guidelines set in this document that the developer has had little regard to. Without this plan anything could go up anywhere, it was something many of us relied on when purchasing property in the estate.

We may not alter the outcome, but I think it is important that resident's have a say and know what to expect.

Cheers
I know of a development near Jacaranda park... that was the only one we were advised of when we put our deposits down last year. McDonald Jones have won the bid for these houses. they are double and single storey, rear lane access lots 3-4 bedrooms. As long as they are done well and sold at a high enough price, hopefully they will attract empty nesters or downsizers...

I think the key to these developments are that they are sold to either over 55's, or high enough prices that will attrat the right type of people. The waterside developments seem to be ok.
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum