Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Build! *Fowler Build* Fences come down Friday!

Page 10 of 10
Oops
Well everyone sorry for the lack of updates, we have been in the house now since the 5th Oct.

We are currently STILL waiting on:
Final paint touch ups to internal and front of house.
A bathspout to be installed for the bathtub (we ended up going out and buying our own this week and putting it on ourselves)
The pipe on the rain water tank to be fixed it has popped out (prior to handover)
The kitchen window frame to be replaced (it got damaged during the build)
Underneath the kitchen window needs finishing (its raw timber)

The entire thing has been painful and a huge stress on us. If I could get access to a time machine and undo the entire decision to build with this company I would. While we are in the house and its nice having our house its not of the quality we expected and its been such a fight to get anything done.

When we moved in we purchased a new dishwasher only to find out we couldnt plug it in as the tap for the water hookup was facing in towards the electric powerpoint

This took 2 months to get fixed, they turned the tap facing the otherway, they refused to move the powerpoint away from the tap.

Oh well I will leave this post on a happy picture of our kitchen when we first set it up

Congratulations Teanah (kind of!)
We got our keys on the 13th December. We have accepted some pretty rough work and would echo you sentiment that we would not have chosen Fowler with the benefit of hindsight. Our place is beautiful though and I'm sure we'll get over it. I will update my blog once we get the Internet on.
Merry Christmas.
i hear you guys!

i wish i could go back in time too.

i have outstanding brick issues with fowler and have even brought in fair trading into the matter.
deadline is for end of feb for fowler to fix. the quality of works has been so and so.

lets wait and see.

enjoy christmas in your new home guys!
jealous i have to wait another year! (thanks fowler)
Hey T, your kitchen looks great, any more pics?
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

21/02/2024
BOUNDARY FENCES: Timber Lapped and Capped OR Colorbond?

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Our boundary perimeter fences need replacing (3 sides). From everyone's experience, what would you install? Timber lapped and capped OR colorbond? Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum