Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Coral Hamilton 278 - McKeachies Run

Page 1 of 3
Hi Everyone,

I have been stalking this forum for quite some time now, looking at everyones awesome houses. I thought it was about time to say Hi and start a thread myself.

I am currently in the process of building a Coral Hamilton 278 in McKeachies Run, Aberglasslyn. Having seen so many people building with Coral on this forum, I am looking forward to seeing our finished product!

Our build started on the 28th Jan 2011 - and due to all the rain we are still going lol!

I would love to hear from others building with Coral or anyone building at McKeachies Run

I guess first things first... here is a pic of our plans ....

Hi! We built the Hamilton 252 last year in Fletcher - we looked at McKeachies Run when we found this block as well... it's beautiful up that way! I love what you have done with the hall way and the main bedroom... makes it even bigger!! It also helps the games room as well - we have sliding doors where you have the narrow window, and also have the door from the hallway, so we don't have any long empty walls at all... makes it a bit tricky to furnish - we got there in the end, but I kind of wish we had some longer walls to make things a bit easier.

We had a really good experience with Coral... hope you are as well!

Nic.
We're building a Stradbroke. Although it wasn't right for us, I like the Hamilton a lot. The only thing I have ever wondered about it is how people set up the living room with their couches and tv. In the Coomera Retreat display the tv is on the wall and the couch sits under it.
Hi Nic,

Nice to meet you!
I have just finished reading through your post - wow! Your house is gorgeous! I cant believe all that was accomplished in 11 weeks! Its also great to hear you love living in it - We cant wait to move into ours.. It seems like forever ago it started. Unfortunately due to a lot of rain and all of the new Coral exhibition houses that had to be finished in Thornton (for the new display village) our house is taking a little longer

Having said that, I have been out to stickybeak today and the plumber has been! All of the taps vanitys etc have all been installed ..

Have quite a few pics so will post them later!
Hi Upnorth,

nice to hear from you! Hope your having a great build so far! Love your Stradebroke design .... cant wait to see it finished!.. we also liked the Stradbroke, but after seeing the Hamilton at Fletcher, we loved it.

I have never been to the displays at Coomera - am a little confused what you mean by the furniture placement

It may be a little unconventional, but our "games room" will actually be our everyday loungeroom - where everyone will watch tv etc. One wall will have TV etc and opposite wall will have lounge etc. The "lounge and dining room" (opp study on house plan) will be set up as a formal dining/ lounge room. ie where the kiddies wont be everyday making a mess..lol! well thats the plan anyway
Welcome to H1! Another Coral builder here (well ... when we get started I will be).

I love the Hamilton 278, but I think the changes you've made are fantastic ... you've got rid of a lot of wasted space (hallways) ... well done! Look forward to watching your build.
Quote:
It may be a little unconventional, but our "games room" will actually be our everyday loungeroom - where everyone will watch tv etc. One wall will have TV etc and opposite wall will have lounge etc. The "lounge and dining room" (opp study on house plan) will be set up as a formal dining/ lounge room. ie where the kiddies wont be everyday

That was our plan as well... games room was meant to be the main living room (in terms of furniture placement, we have the tv unit on the wall backing onto the activity room, 3 seater lounge opposite it and a 2 seater in front of the window), and the lounge room was going to be the adults lounge room / home theatre (we have a big modular chaise lounge in there under the window at the front of the house with the chaise running down the wall towards the side window, and the low line tv unit backs on to the kitchen wall). That said, DH and 2 out of three kids are currently in the lounge room and the games room is empty
. That plan didn't last long.

Has the new display opened up yet? Would love to go and have a look once it's opened...

Looking forward to some pics!

Nic.
~Nic~

Has the new display opened up yet? Would love to go and have a look once it's opened...

Looking forward to some pics!

Nic.

Yes the new exhibition homes are now opened! They are absolutely gorgeous too - you'll definately notice a big difference from the Fletcher homes

The tiler is in at the moment - he is doin all the main floor tiles so cant get in at the moment, but once hes gone will be able to get in and show you some up to date pics!

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48685
Oh yay!! Can't wait to see pics
I have a few pics to post - unfortunately still cant get inside as tiler is doing all internal floors! We are at fixing stage

I hope these pics work!

Portico

[[img
img]

[img][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/debba-m/100_1935-2.jpg[/img][/img]

In case anyone is interested i will post colour selections underneath!

Bricks - PGH Perisher
Mortar - Natural
Gutter - Ironstone
Fascia - Classic Cream
Windows - White Birch
Exterior paint - White Birch
Front Door - Hume XS24 stained - Merbau
Garage door - Panelmaster timbergrain - Caoba

Garage door

[img][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/debba-m/100_1937.jpg[/img][/img]

Alfresco

[img][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/debba-m/100_1934.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/debba-m/100_1933.jpg[/img][/img]

Laundry

[img][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/debba-m/100_1908.jpg[/IMG[/img]

Cabinetry - oyster linea
Benchtop - osprey c/s

Ensuite (so far)

[img][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/debba-m/100_1904.jpg[/IMG[/img]

Kitchen (so far)

[img][IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/debba-m/100_1902.jpg[/IMG[/img]

Bechtops - 40mm organic white c/s
Cabinetry - 2 pac gloss vivid white
splashback - (will be) Starphire glass russian toffee
floortiles - (will be) 600 x600 rectified polished porcelain white linen

Will post more pics as soon as i can get back in...

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48685
Very nice!! Love the kitchen. Ours will be white too. What colour splashback are you having?
Tamara1975
Very nice!! Love the kitchen. Ours will be white too. What colour splashback are you having?

Thanks - I wasnt sure if the pics worked .. I have stressed and stressed about what everything would look like all put together.. Russian toffee (dulux colour) is what we have picked for the splashback .. What about you.. what whites did you choose and what colour splashback.. Sorry about all the questions ..am just really interested
Looks fantastic ... love your kitchen!

What is the configuration in your laundry? Do you hanging near the door?
ESB

Thankyou.. its slowly getting there..lol!

In the laundry we have a broom closet, (which you probably cant see in pic sorry) and then 2 x 300mm cupboards with a 600mm hanging rail underneath. The rest of the laundry overheads are 600mm (normal size) which run the whole length of laundry except over wm space..

I thought the hanging rail might be useful for ironing / hanging uniforms the night before etc
debba-m
ESB

Thankyou.. its slowly getting there..lol!

In the laundry we have a broom closet, (which you probably cant see in pic sorry) and then 2 x 300mm cupboards with a 600mm hanging rail underneath. The rest of the laundry overheads are 600mm (normal size) which run the whole length of laundry except over wm space..

I thought the hanging rail might be useful for ironing / hanging uniforms the night before etc

The hanging space is a great idea ... might have to pinch that idea.
What did you end up doing for a splashback?? It looks like things are coming around marvelously! I am happy for you!! Send completed photos as everything comes along!

Kitchen Backsplash Photos
ironhorse26
What did you end up doing for a splashback?? It looks like things are coming around marvelously! I am happy for you!! Send completed photos as everything comes along! :

Thanks
We are going with Russian toffee glass splashback. It goes in tomorrow so hopefully will be able to get more pics... Tiler finished main floor tiles today and they were still wet so couldnt get in to see

Shower screens and mirrors also go in tomorrow. SS rang today PCI will be 8th/11th July aiming for handover around 16th July.. Am starting to get more excited.. and definately less stressed
Looks very nice,what paint brand is the white birch you are using.
pattycake4
Looks very nice,what paint brand is the white birch you are using.

Thankyou.. I hate picking paint colours lol!
Dulux 101.. (Its just the white birch colourbond colour ie same as window frames) In saying that it has only has 1 coat applied due to all the rain weve had.. painters will be back next week so it wont look as patchy
or so Im told LOL!
Thanks debba,I am having white birch for windows/garage and fascia not sure on interior yet
Related
20/11/2023
Brick Elevator truck hit and run

General Discussion

you did, but you didnt identify the smear/logo

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum