Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Blackwood Park hacienda

Page 9 of 9
Hello,

We are building with Rendition Homes in Blackwood Park as well (about to pour slab in the next few weeks). We had your original consultant and after he left dealt directly with their admin.

Our contract took over 6 months (because of corrections needed/omissions they had done) until we were 'happy' with it.

Council approval did not take long (from what I can recall). The only change we had to make was from the Encumbrance approver Steve Leybourne.

We have gone through all the selection process etc. if you have any questions.

If you are free on weekends and live up in this area (We currently live in Glenalta), I'd be happy to bring our documentation along as well as share experiences.

Although there is nothing we can do now apart from 'enjoy the ride' I'd be interested to see how our costings compare.

All the best
hi just wondering what stage you're at now? looking at rendition. Seen some beautiful houses from them. Any headaches or delays so far? I have had some bad experiences with previous builds so im being very careful and doing my research!
I found their administration quite woeful during the contract stage. If they give you a time frame, quadruple it! Many errors on contract, took us 6 months to get it all sorted. The whole process I found somewhat disorganised (from their end) and very little transparency with anything.

The construction phase has been quite good so far. Very responsive and what little problems there have been has been dealt with quickly and efficiently. *touch wood in continues* Still at the slab phase. Framing up next.

Good luck
Just hoping to bump this thread and see if you ended up building your house at Blackwood Park?
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum