Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

claths new home

Page 2 of 2
I guess if the house was the same design it wouldnt worry . Same bricks and design yes. My neighbours next to me have the Heywood too but the 25 i have the 28 .The 25 dosent have rumpus and slightly smaller.

I have the Fremantle Facade ...theirs is the Armadale Facade. No one can have the same Facade if building side by side.

Actually i remember asking at preconstruction wether a Alfresco slab was included and they said NO. when i went out to see the poured slab i was very surprized to see an Alfresco slab... dont know wether it was included in the slab price.

Teml i didnt see your post before.. the bricks are Boral Ironbark... yes they are abit similar to Jarrah.. and the windows are Woodland Grey...

Gutterings and Downpipes will be painted Paperbark...

Garage will be Paperbark too. Front door will be painted Manor RED.

mouldings painted Woodland Grey.....Cant wait to see it all come together
Good luck with your building with PD
Whats your design?
Well nothing much to report as things have slowed down with the building ,which isnt unusual. Went to the house sat and its is all locked up which is good to see.. So could only look through the windows and noticed our internal doors have been delivered and the cornices seemed to have been finished..

We had a nice slab of left over bricks sitting at the rear of the property well, that was the week before .. some lovely thief has help themselves and left me with a row ..
had plans for them like making a nice brick letter box
Well at least i havent been billed for them as they only bill you for what they use on the house.

As you all know i have used kev for the independent inspection and the builder received the report ,the issues will be addressed and will have a site inspection next monday to discuss them. But my site super wasnt happy i got him through , i was told off
tuff im paying for the house and expect everything to be done right.

Anyway our csr emailed me tonight and told me that fixing will be finished approx feb21 and painting will start feb 27th.. the house will come alive with colour

One of the alresco brick pillars is overhanging the alfresco slab, nothing really major .. but could it turn into a problem?

Hi Clath, thanks for the colour names. We are building the Cremorne 41 with the Arlington Facade. Chose our tiles on Tuesday and raised another post contract variation today #3. Your place is coming along quite nicely
How did you find Kevin? I am toying with the idea of utilising his services as well.
teml
How did you find Kevin? I am toying with the idea of utilising his services as well.

Just to add my 2 cents, as a finished PD customer - get Kevin!! Our house was completed to a much better standard thanks to getting him in. I would still call it distinctly "average" quality now, as opposed to the "very poor" quality they were presenting to us before we had Kevin through!
Hi teml well hes been spoken about quite alot on here so looked up his web site and took his number down and rang him... hes a very busy man.

Yes Vanderlay it is a good idea to get him out.. im not relying on the quality inspections.
Hello Clath,

We're building a Heywood 29, 621sqm block, 0.7 m fall. How much were your site costs with PD? They're quoting us $13,000.
Hey izzy ours was a problem site ..you know with fill in it... but a flat block.. Just had a look at the fix price tender documents The standard house was $160.500 from memory of cause we have upgrades added to that price. . They didnt separate the site costs from .. the covenants and oh&s so all up that was close to $7 grand. Think yours is more cos of the 0.7m fall. have you asked why they are charging you that much?

Good luck with yours would love to see fotos when you start.
Well i had a big surprise today when i went to the house ... they have started painting
.I was told they where going to start feb 27. I chose the colour from PD display house in lyndhurst.. Now looking at the colour on my walls it seems alot darker.. hmm wonder if the display house was painted half strength. ohh and they havent done my feature walls they have painted those areas the same colour as the rest of the house.. Meeting my site Supervisor tomorrow morning so will sort it out with him.

Will take some pics tomorrow... now they have started painting how long to handover do you reckon?
Well got some good news today well yesturday now since im posting after midnight.. Ive just been told Pre handover is 1st of April ( April fools day)
and handover April 8th..
thats if we are satisified with the house of cause. Originally the handover would have been later into April.. cant believe how fasts this have gone

The tiling of the laundry, ensuite and bathroom has started and our spa has been delivered
lots of long soaks coming up

I had lady form Carpet call come and measure up the house and show me samples of Carpet and Floating laminate , so have now chosen ...and hopefully will be laid a few days after handover.

N ow the next item on the list is the driveway concreting... if any one has any ideas or pics would appreciate your feedback.

Will post some pics later
Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum