Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Has anyone built with Lucas Homes NSW?

Page 1 of 1
Hi
We are thinking of building with Lucas homes and i was just wondering if anyone has built with them before?
Thanks
We went through Lucas Homes, n had a difficult time with them. If I can go back in time I would've gone ahead with them. Just to save $20-$30grand is really not worth the heartache. One of their trades have come to us to help them get back money that is owed to them from Lucas Homes! 

We actually got along better with the people they used 2 build our home. Lucas homes are very unprofessional. 

We are still fixing bits n pieces of things they haven't bothered 2 fix. They say you have about 3 mths 2 tell them if there's problems which we have, and what they told us is "it wasnt mentioned when we did the Walk through."
Hi Guys,

Don't spend too much fixing up their mistakes or they will blame you when other things happen. Might be best to get a capable building consultant to look at all the things you can't see - one who has a definition of defect and who gets on the roof and inside the roof. For instance is the garage ceiling plasterboard got popped nails yet - might have to wait a while? Is the tile pointing starting to separate and cracks appearing at ridge tiles meet the main roof? Are your wall tile junction joint gaps too thin behind the silicone across the joints (incorrect if lass than 3mm gaps and will fail in places particularly where wet frequently)... and so on.

Good luck both of you

Leonardo_23
Thanks 4 the informative advice Leonardo_23. We r only fixing the minor things. We r stil waiting 4 electrician n plumber. Its been more than 7wks ive stopped counting. I really hate dealing with Lucas Homes!
Word of advice from me, make sure they finish everything u r not happy with, once its hand over time, u will not hear from them u r done n dusted.
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

12/02/2024
Can my land in Bexley NSW be built a duplex ?

General Discussion

Just to clarify, I'm not a builder I've read my own council's LEP numerous times and worked with an architect to understand my own lot size and problems.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum