Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BUILDING WITH SCOTT SALISBURY HOMES IN ADELAIDE

Page 1 of 1
We had heard lots of stories - good and bad regarding leading builder Scott Salisbury Homes (SSH) in Adelaide - in the event we decided to go with them. Since the building started we have been not been disappointed at all with the work on the home. Sure, they're not the cheapest builder around Adelaide (nor the dearest either!) however we have been pleasantly surprised with the ease in which the home has progressed. We are halfway through the process now - the tradies up to now have all been fantastic - nothing has been too much trouble, and SSH uses tradies with many years of experience.
Our site supervisor (SS) is very "on the ball" - always on the mobile fixing up any problems which arise.
Up to now - crossed fingers - it is all going swimmingly.
Good luck with everything. Their homes are beautiful. Did you use an existing plan or a custom design??? We would love to see some pics!!!
Welcome Avid Traveller,
What suburb are you building?
I almost build with SSH as we had excellent service from their staff, just couldnt raise the money required to do what we wanted.
Welcome
Would love to see a plan /pictures ???
Hi avidtraveller & congrats on your new home

Scott Salisbury have beautiful homes, we really loved the "Chelsea" I think it's at Blackwood? are you building one of their designs or a custom? would love to see some pics!
Good to hear your happy. Their homes are beautiful. Would love to see pics
Hello avidtraveller! Nice to hear about your new home. Where you building at?

My wife and I also built with SSH at Lightsview. Things were hard in the beginning because of our project coordinator as her sudden departure. However, SSH gave us a new contract manager and things have been smooth sailing ever since.

Our SS is Mick.
Hi Guys... We are considering SS to build our home in Blue Stone and wonder what budget we should be looking at to build a 4 Bedroom house with 200 meters of living area... I already lost a deposit with Homestead and want reliable builder and can't think of any one better than SS just worried how much it will cost us. All other builders quotes came around 230k excluding driveway, concrete paths & landscaping.
Cheers
Bill
Hi bilal, when we were looking around SSH told us that they start at $300k so it was out of our budget ....
bilal
Hi Guys... We are considering SS to build our home in Blue Stone and wonder what budget we should be looking at to build a 4 Bedroom house with 200 meters of living area... I already lost a deposit with Homestead and want reliable builder and can't think of any one better than SS just worried how much it will cost us. All other builders quotes came around 230k excluding driveway, concrete paths & landscaping.
Cheers
Bill

Hi Bill,
According to BMT Quantity surveyors the cost for a single story standard design single home of 200sqm would be around $264k with moderate quality of finishes. A townhouse for the same size and quality would come in at around $298k.
This pricing is based on industry standards so are a pretty good guide to costs.

Bear in mind that unless you are experienced with dealing with builders it is rare that you will get the final price from the builders when first negotiating. Obviously the builders goal is to get you to sign the contract so they rarely give you a realistic price up front.

Are you talking about single or double storey?
What is your budget?
Hope things went better for you than our experience, which on a $1m+ renovation was not good at all.
We have a website devoted to our experience building with Scott Salisbury Homes. Have a look if you are interested at https://scottsalisburyhomes.com
It is a new website so you will need the full address to get to it for a while. We update it frequently.

Some have had better experiences than us, some haven't. With over $70,000 of defects still to be fixed (SSH manager's estimate for some remaining main defects back in 2020) they have walked away.
Bob Dove
Hope things went better for you than our experience, which on a $1m+ renovation was not good at all.
We have a website devoted to our experience building with Scott Salisbury Homes. Have a look if you are interested at https://scottsalisburyhomes.com

I had a read, some of those photos are simply unbelievable.

What actions did you take re the unlicensed tradespersons?
SaveH2O
I had a read, some of those photos are simply unbelievable.

What actions did you take re the unlicensed tradespersons?
lol wow
Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum