Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 398 of 929
denot - I hope you get your PCI on the 11th, what is the hold up?

light487 - So your looking at probably Oct/Nov handover then.
Yes the window positioning can make the houses look so different.
Stair balustrades are being painted white to match skirting.

rmjose - Your PCI will come around quickly too, r u all packed and organised?

justwondering - Oh dear amazing how they try to blame you! Luckily it wasn't a child in the kitchen near it when it exploded...far out.

Kitchen cabinets going in atm so looking good makes such a difference.
Second stage waterproofing done, but only done edges and dabs here and there.
I know SB u had issues with this and complained, did anyone else have issues and get it rectified? Just concerned if u get a cracked tile and not fully waterproofed it will seep straight into the gyprock.
Nelly83
denot - I hope you get your PCI on the 11th, what is the hold up?

Not sure. I kind of think our ss was overconfident when he said we should do our PCI on the first week of June (as there still a lot of things to finish up in the house), so yeah
Hi All,
During the construction process, my boundary pegs seem to have disappeared. A fencer came over to give me quote and told me he can't rely on the fence that clarendon have put to give me an estimate and needs the actual pegs to calculate the length. Did anyone else face this situation?
No, we just got a quote from 3 different guys off the clarendon paperwork.
I mean they did come out on site, but we didn't have any pegs either.

apsterenator
Hi All,
During the construction process, my boundary pegs seem to have disappeared. A fencer came over to give me quote and told me he can't rely on the fence that clarendon have put to give me an estimate and needs the actual pegs to calculate the length. Did anyone else face this situation?

I think Heidimikew is having this problem right now also.
Certainly a quote could be done without pegs.. But to actually put the fence on without knowing the exact property line could get them in potentially a lot of trouble I guess
Brahma Bull
Folks, I've had 3 independent inspections so far (Slab, Frame and pre-lining). When should I get the next one? After the water proofing is done?

I was going to reply before but forgot...

We have 5 inspection stages "pre-booked" with Houspect. We did this to receive a discount but also because we knew we wanted those 5 stages inspected. Our stages are: slab, frames, pre-lining, waterproofing and pre-handover (PCI).

It's entirely up to you.. but yes, the next stage in our inspection plan after pre-lining would be waterproofing.. If there is any minor errors in the slab or frame, it's not the end of the world.. but if there is even a pinhole in your waterproofing, you could be in for a world of hurt if it's not picked up. Waterproofing needs to be perfect.
Looking awesome nelly!

Far out re. The smeg stove. I'd be annoyed!
Light u have 5? We got 4.. Weird
Hi.
We have just got our colours variation back. We are building the Madison 39 with a few variations which takes it to about a 41 square house. Our quote for off white mortar is $2981 which seems a little high, did anyone else in Queensland do this upgrade? We are using Moondust bricks with a feature balcony in Eclipse.

Also has anyone done the Hettich corner pull out shelving at all? Our quote is $2059 for two units. We have a similar Blum version in our current kitchen and I vaguely remember it being about $600-700.

Thanks in advance
Got our keys yesterday.....great milestone to finally achieve after 2 years. Still a few things for Clarendon to fix up next week though but happy to be able to start flooring etc. now.
Congratulations!

They gave u Moët?? Nice.where did u build again Hansen?? Oh how I can't wait to have a drink once I pop this baby out hahah
DG85
They gave u Moët?? Nice.where did u build again Hansen?? Oh how I can't wait to have a drink once I pop this baby out hahah

Thanks....would be great if they gave us the champagne but it was ours....we did get the towel set & tool trolley which was great. They do however expect you to pose for photos with both items in the pic which I thought was funny. House is in Kellyville.
Congrats Hanseninnthehills! How exciting! I definitely wouldn't be posing for any pics! How strange! They can't force you..

So upset. Just visited our house and some low life $&*% wit has punched 4 holes in our front entry wall. Some people are just a waste of space. Want to cry...

Congrats Hansen! Did you build the Ivy? House looks great!

cheryl_2105
So upset. Just visited our house and some low life $&*% wit has punched 4 holes in our front entry wall. Some people are just a waste of space. Want to cry...

Oh no, Cheryl! What did the Ss say? One of the doors must have not been locked properly.

justwondering1
When I called Smeg and told them what happened, they said that it was strange and asked if the better half could have let the door close too fast as it does have really strong springs. I explained she had just wiped the oven and started to close the door and still had her hand on the handle when it exploded.
I told the lady that i heard this is common with a lot of brands, the lady replied....."considering how many ovens we make, there is a small percentage of this happening and therefore I wouldn't say it's common.
When I asked her why it happens, she said that they can't put a finger on it as it was good tempered glass.
Yeah right, good tempered glass from Taiwan!!

Just wondering, lucky no one got hurt when the glass exploded. Should have not happened on a new oven though.

Sydney-build
Love that massive alfresco. Nice choice Rose

@PenniDream driveway 'completes' the house doesn't it !

Super busy and tiring day today
Driveway poured for us as well

Also some panel blinds installed in two rooms where I have stacker doors

And carpenter from The Attic Group was working in roof giving us some storage in up there !

Dead tired.

Sydney-b, is your driveway charcoal coloured concrete too?

Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum