Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 923 of 929
vincent2166
Just finished my PCI. Took 5.5 hours to go through our double story house, so be sure to book in enough time for it

Wingzee are you building in Kellyville? Our supervisor SB just got moved there and he's been really good for us.

Yes myself and another forummer here whom got delayed as our SS left. Both in Kellyville.

Thanks for the info and great to hear that he’s good - looking forward to our handover soon really.

Tried contacting our CSM today to get an update but she’s ooo but we will be visiting our build tomorrow.
Update from our trip last weekend. We now have got electricity (power points, lighting), plumbing (taps, sinks, shower screens, toilet suites), alarm, internal wall painting (partially completed)

Pending items (from what we noticed):
-Internal wall painting
-Door locks
-Security doors
-External render painting
-Alfresco ceiling
-Flooring
-Kitchen appliances
-Hot water system
-NBN box & data points (partially done)
-Driveway
-Touch-ups (cracked tiles - roof, paint overspray, cleaning, uneven architraves, skirting, loose cabinet doors etc)

Looks like we are pretty close to the end of the build now. Trying to lock in a walkthrough with the Area Manager sometime next week and hopefully get some form of visibility on PCI and handover!

We've sent off our defect list to the Man in Van service and will be booking in for our day of maintenance shortly...

Who has had this completed already? We're wondering how it all goes once the day is over and there's still pending items - We also have a number of items that will need to be fixed by a relevant trade so would imagine this won't be organised on the spot...

Is it a struggle to get them back to fix things? We've got quite a few items on our list and know for certain they won't be all completed in a day - Does the handyman book in with you to come back another day?

Just a little bit over the constant battle to get stuff fixed when we've spent all this money...
bumblebee1985
We've sent off our defect list to the Man in Van service and will be booking in for our day of maintenance shortly...

Who has had this completed already? We're wondering how it all goes once the day is over and there's still pending items - We also have a number of items that will need to be fixed by a relevant trade so would imagine this won't be organised on the spot...

Is it a struggle to get them back to fix things? We've got quite a few items on our list and know for certain they won't be all completed in a day - Does the handyman book in with you to come back another day?

Just a little bit over the constant battle to get stuff fixed when we've spent all this money...

hi bumblebee,
Did clarendon ever show you the report from their "200 point independent quality inspection" ?
vannpaul
bumblebee1985

hi bumblebee,
Did clarendon ever show you the report from their "200 point independent quality inspection" ?
No - They only give the certifier reports which don't say much and i would be extremely surprised if they actually have an inspector come through with all the crappy workmanship we've seen
bumblebee1985
vannpaul
bumblebee1985

hi bumblebee,

No - They only give the certifier reports which don't say much and i would be extremely surprised if they actually have an inspector come through with all the crappy workmanship we've seen

Wow. I am really disappointed by that considering Clarendon put a lot of marketing around this so called independent inspection. Thanks for the heads up.
vannpaul
bumblebee1985
vannpaul
[quote="bumblebee1985"]We've sent off our defect list to the Man in Van service and will be booking in for our day of maintenance shortly...

hi bumblebee,

Wow. I am really disappointed by that considering Clarendon put a lot of marketing around this so called independent inspection. Thanks for the heads up.
[/quote]If they do actually do the inspection, it doesn't look like they action anything found or the inspector doesn't do a very good job - we had to fight multiple things and ended up rejecting handover the first time due to numerous issues that weren't rectified and have since found numerous more...

So i would be curious to get my hands on a copy of this so called inspection report but doubt it ever occurred especially considering we have a certificate of compliance for the installation of our air con unit when it hasn't even been installed yet...

Wingzee - What colour is your grey wall paint?
nissy02
@Wingzee - What colour is your grey wall paint?

Hi nissy it's Gemini Silver.

Just met up with the AS few hours ago and did a brief unofficial walkthrough of our build. Been told our new SS will be assigned next week (name starts with D) but AS will still be involved for the walkthrough with us and SS only managing the handover.

Flooring will be in on about 7th (or the week) and walkthrough the week after with unconfirmed handover date of week ending on 25th - we are not too far away!
Does anyone know what these two hoses coming out of the wall are for? They run back to the hot water system and I can’t find anything on the plans
Hey Guys.
1st time poster here.
I’m currently looking at using Clarendon to build our home here in QLD.
We’re looking at the Sheridan 37.

What are the good and bad that you have experienced?
Also what things should we be mindful of?

MM
The Smiths
Does anyone know what these two hoses coming out of the wall are for? They run back to the hot water system and I can’t find anything on the plans

Check your plans should show something at that position.
MadMedic
Hey Guys.
1st time poster here.
I’m currently looking at using Clarendon to build our home here in QLD.
We’re looking at the Sheridan 37.

What are the good and bad that you have experienced?
Also what things should we be mindful of?

MM

Hey Madmedic,

We’re just about to go into construction for Sheridan 39 mkll in NSW. My advice would be ready your contract and tender continuously. We’ve been lucky enough to catch mistakes but things such as double charging and deleting contract parts aren’t unusual. I’ve had ok sales staff, be assertive but still polite. There is a Facebook group if your are building with Clarendon which is really helpful and the admin are really down to earth. Good luck 👍🏻
Hi all, Can anyone share how much they were charged for extra concrete piering:
a. how many lineal metres did they charge for and
b. how much did they charge

We've been charged extra for concrete piering as more was used than the included 80 lineal metres were used.

The amount they have charged seems exorbitant. Thanks!
DandLBuild
Hi all, Can anyone share how much they were charged for extra concrete piering:
a. how many lineal metres did they charge for and
b. how much did they charge

We've been charged extra for concrete piering as more was used than the included 80 lineal metres were used.

The amount they have charged seems exorbitant. Thanks!

Hi DandLBuild,
We asked for extra piering at the rear of the house for a pool (2 piers - they would not put a lineal metre measurement on it ) They put in a provision of $1000 to cover this. Later in the process they took it out of the contract as they said that it would be the Pool Builders responsibility and they would not accept any liability. Hope this helps
Salfield
The Smiths

Check your plans should show something at that position.

Thanks for your response, there is nothing on the plans. It has turned out to be an error..
Walkthrough slated on 31st with indicative handover on 7th June - no longer happening. SS called yesterday to inform that we looking at possibly another week or so (we wouldn’t be holding our breath knowing how Clarendon operates). Local certifier failed our build yesterday due to uneven steps at garage and laundry, non-operating door locks and some uneven gyprock. Everything seems to have went downhill ever since our previous SS left (obviously he and his superior the AM did an awful supervising job otherwise all these wouldn’t be happening).

It will officially be 12 months come 1st June since we started our build and it’s honestly very disappointing. We been telling others about how good Clarendon was to us (and recommending them) but obviously they have let us down.

The first 6-8 months was superb and the build progress + quality was pretty good but it all went downhill from there.

Yes I know some will say it’s a blessing in disguise with the IOC delayed and it’s better to get all these addressed before moving in but we are losing our patience after been told numerous indicative PCI and handover dates (since early April!) which has been delayed over and over again.

To those who are considering paying down their deposit with Clarendon, do conduct your due diligence and pray that your SS and AM are doing their job in supervising or ensure that you get an inspector for every single stage of the build.
wingzee
Walkthrough slated on 31st with indicative handover on 7th June - no longer happening. SS called yesterday to inform that we looking at possibly another week or so (we wouldn’t be holding our breath knowing how Clarendon operates). Local certifier failed our build yesterday due to uneven steps at garage and laundry, non-operating door locks and some uneven gyprock. Everything seems to have went downhill ever since our previous SS left (obviously he and his superior the AM did an awful supervising job otherwise all these wouldn’t be happening).

It will officially be 12 months come 1st June since we started our build and it’s honestly very disappointing. We been telling others about how good Clarendon was to us (and recommending them) but obviously they have let us down.

The first 6-8 months was superb and the build progress + quality was pretty good but it all went downhill from there.

Yes I know some will say it’s a blessing in disguise with the IOC delayed and it’s better to get all these addressed before moving in but we are losing our patience after been told numerous indicative PCI and handover dates (since early April!) which has been delayed over and over again.

To those who are considering paying down their deposit with Clarendon, do conduct your due diligence and pray that your SS and AM are doing their job in supervising or ensure that you get an inspector for every single stage of the build.

What is your building designname?

Clarendon is only a project builder, they hire contractor to build the house. Each building design has differ performance.
wentworth33
wingzee

What is your building designname?

Clarendon is only a project builder, they hire contractor to build the house. Each building design has differ performance.

Each building design has differ performance? Really?
Related
1/10/2023
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

the stair balustrades? There is nothing special about these and I imagine literally every stair installer will be able to do this.

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum